TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boo_Bradley

HHH likes it Old School

Guest Boo_Bradley

From The WWE Unscripted Book...

HHH on the wrestling business

I watch wrestling tapes all the time from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s-whatever I can get. Our company owns everything now,so I'm bugging the office all the time to put together tapes for me. I'll call the office and say, "Listen, I want the AWA tapes of Ray Stevens and Nick Bockwinkel as a tag team"-or whatever it is. I'll watch those tapes and pick things up. I don't watch for moves; I watch for the story they're telling, why they did things at a particular time. A lot of our guys today don't understand the business. We all grew up as huge wrestling fans, and we need to understand why we liked it so much. It was because back then, they told stories, as opposed to just flip, flopping, and flying. The guys that make the most money in our business have never been the guys that do moonsaults and jumpofff the top rope and do big dropkicks. It's the guys that tell the best stories that are in the main events, that are on top. We tell guys that all the time, and it's almost like the more we tell them, the more they try to go the other way.

Guest Choken One

I hope in 24 years that Our Kids don't look at the Necrophila Angle for INSPIRATION.

Guest Choken One

Yeah...He's insecure of Paul London and Brian Danielson....How much money does he make again? Yeah about 382 times more then Spanky has on his Money Boxers.

Anyone notice he took at jab at his buddy shawn?

Ah, only HHH could watch tapes, have an avid interest in the history and be involved in virtually all aspects of the business and still be despised by most of us.

I have to wonder if he wasn't banging Stephanie and protecting his spot would he still be so loathed?

First of all of course he's not insecure money wise. But why would he be taking cheap jabs at them if he wasn't afraid they'd outshine him? Oh wait he is afraid. That's why he makes those cheap jabs so that people won't think they are any good and that what he does is what's right. It's not about money...it's about ego.

Oh and it's not that he's banging Steph. I can give two fucks about that. It's that he's holding others down for no reason. He has no reason to protect his spot and make others look bad like he does. That's why I hate him. I'd hate anyone else that did it to.

Guest Choken One

That's right.

For everything he said he was completely correct.

Don't let your hhhatred blind you again.

Guest Boo_Bradley
HHH watches tapes? What a moron! I hate him! DIE FUCKER!

/pointless HHHate

Its late, so I LMAO at this line.......

Speaking of HHHate, I took this great picture at SSeries of me flipping him off as he was doing his usual on the turnbuckle pose since I was close to the ring barrier. I'll make it my new signature later. ;)

Guest Choken One

I think we're all just jealous that he gets to do what we all want to do...

Have complete access to wrestling's History and The Pedigree to run the company.

Guest Choken One

Does anyone know exactly what the Video Libary looks like?

I remember seeing those old Home videos with Sean Mooney and they only had like six shelfs with about twenty reel boxes on each one...

I'd imagine it's grown quite a damn bit

Guest deadbeater

HHH was sending a message to the writers: shape up the storytelling.

To be fair, it worked wonders this week.

Wrestling that I have seen from the 60s and 70s is boring as hell. Everyone I have ever met, who are casual wrestling fans agree with me, there are no bumps. All you guys agreeing with him do realize it is possible to have psychology and do spectacular moves right.

Guest Ray
Wrestling that I have seen from the 60s and 70s is boring as hell.

You need to see more wrestling then. ;) Destroyer/Mascaras 7/74 was an amazing, smart, *wrestling* match.

Everyone I have ever met, who are casual wrestling fans agree with me, there are no bumps. 

Does a match needs bumps to be good?

All you guys agreeing with him do realize it is possible to have psychology and do spectacular moves right.

If you have great psychology you don't need "spectacular" moves.

I'd take Destroyer's smart matwork over Angle's dumb suplexes or Van Dam's pointless flips any day.

Yeah...He's insecure of Paul London and Brian Danielson....How much money does he make again? Yeah about 382 times more then Spanky has on his Money Boxers.

Anyone notice he took at jab at his buddy shawn?

Eh, Shawn was far from just being a flip flop guy. There was never anything special about his moonsault or his dropkick. We all know who HHH was taking a jab at. It starts with a R and ends with a D.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame
I hope in 24 years that Our Kids don't look at the Necrophila Angle for INSPIRATION.

And its known HHH hated that angle but did it as he was asked to by Vince.

Eh, Shawn was far from just being a flip flop guy. There was never anything special about his moonsault or his dropkick. We all know who HHH was taking a jab at. It starts with a R and ends with a D.

Maybe Jeff Hardy as well.

And its known HHH hated that angle but did it as he was asked to by Vince.

Oh, but, no! "HHH is banging the bosses daughter" so all of the bad storylines MUST be his idea, right? :rolleyes:

I seriously cannot fucking BELIEVE that there's HHHate for Trips stating that he watches old school tapes for inspiration. Bockwinkel and Stevens. That's fucking A+. And putting "fuck Flair" in the title of this thread? Get a life. He didn't mention Flair. So fucking what?

You're all monkeys.

I don't understand why people think HHH is pyshically incapable of climbing a ladder and falling off it. He can do other things that people can get excited for and won't put him in pain. Christian has proven he can do that, but he doesn't do it often because it hurts and he'd rather use midcard offense than pop the crowd a dozen times and end his career like Jeff Hardy.

Furthermore, even if it is a political jab, I don't see what's wrong with the company trying to convince the guys away from a style that hurts them.

It's wrong because the alternative style that the company presents and forces on it's wrestlers is boring as shit and devoid of all the things the WWE preaches (good pace, solid psychology, good storytelling.)

Guest deadbeater

HHH does have a point: have the moves, especially the spectacular ones, be a logical extension of the moves before.

RVD can do a logical stretch of chain of his unique style and not make it boring. My favorite is the Regal Roll to the top rope to a split-legged moonsault. Do more of those types of moves safely, as opposed to trying to do the most spectacular kicks that spring out of nowhere and risk making more potatoes than Idaho, and RVD is easily world champion.