TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

WrestleMania XX Could Be 5 Hours

Guest Megatron
I remember when piper went out on top a wrestlemania 3. It was such a good moment. Why can't some of you just be happy that it is a good moment and enjoy it. The more good moments the WWE creates the more fans will return.

What would that accomplish? If Foley would have won at WM2k he would have been Champ. Why would he retire at that moment? He never should have retired in the first place. They should have said he was taking a break.

Five hours is great, and considering the demand and inelasticity of Wrestlemania XX, they're not gouging the price nearly as much as the circumstances would allow.

I'd push for Austin-Hogan myself. Austin-McMahon is in fact tired out. McMahon-anybody, as well.

Five hours is great, and considering the demand and inelasticity of Wrestlemania XX, they're not gouging the price nearly as much as the circumstances would allow.

I'd push for Austin-Hogan myself. Austin-McMahon is in fact tired out. McMahon-anybody, as well.

The problem with Hogan-Austin is will Vince be able to get Hogan back into the WWE ? I don't think he will.

I think we'll have to settle with Austin v McMahon.

Let the power of the La Parka Strut help you see the light. Do not make the Chairman of WCW and countless other federations sad, for it is truly a sad day in the world if the Skull Captain is brought to tears. :(

*misses La Parka

Fuck nostalgia. The WWE should make NO mention to the history of WM at WM 20 and use it to spotlight/pass the torch to the midcard guys who should be main eventing but not do to bullshit politics ala WM 10............

This is quite possibly the stupidest and most closed minded thing I've ever read in this forum.

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I disagree with what was said.

This WrestleMania is ALL ABOUT nostalgia. It's twenty years since it first debuted, and it's the thing all wrestlers work towards. If you just got rid of all that, and just forgot all of the top wrestlers of the past 20 years, then this show would be no better than an Unforgiven or Judgment Day or any of those usual PPVs that are only placed as BUILD UP, in order to advance storylines until the next WrestleMania 20.

I can't wait for Wrestlemania. Screw the star ratings, I just want to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the WWE's biggest event.

And yes, La Parka rules.

Just for reference here is the exact text from the Torch VIP email...

-WrestleMania XX will be a five hour event, according to a well-placed source. In recent years, WrestleManias have run four hours at the rough price of $45. This year, WWE is planning to charge roughly $50 to make up for the extra hour. However, don't look for the extra hour to lead to any more matches than usual. Instead, WWE is planning to produce an hour of video packages using footage from past WrestleMania events. No, you won't have to sit through a straight hour of highlights, as the plan is to air the highlights in small doses throughout the broadcast. While I like the idea of the nostalgic video packages, it will be interesting to see how much energy the live crowd has left late in the show.

-The most discussed WrestleMania XX matches thus far are Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar, Undertaker vs. Kane, Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon, and Triple H vs. Mick Foley. Rock is also expected to work a match, although there is no word as to whether WWE has an opponent in mind for him just yet.

-Vince McMahon is still keeping an open mind toward using Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania XX. However, he has told his confidants that he would not approve of Hogan working a TNA pay-per-view event in February. Apparently, Vince doesn't mind if Hogan works for TNA between now and WMXX, but he does not like the idea of Hogan headlining a rival company's pay-per-view just a month before his big event.

I can not be the only one who is thinking if it is 5 hours what time will it start I mean will it start at like 7 and go to midnight or will it start at 8 and go all the way to 1 in the morning. It is a Sunday night so it would be tough to have it go to 1 in the morning.

Thanks.

I think WM 2000 went to 12AM, but I'm not exactly sure.

I'm betting on it starting at 7 PM.

CM Funk has the right attitude.

Thanks, coach.

Edited by CM Funk

are you kidding me?

Vince MCmahon wrestling AGAIN on WRestlemania. Against fuckin Austin AGAIN? Triple H vs. Foley AGAIN.......fuck those matches, i dont wanna see that shit again. They need to let the past go.

I don't wanna see Hogan unless it's against Austin, that's like the only dream match left besides Austin vs. Goldberg. And someone needs to pound into the MCmahon's heads that they need to stay the hell off the card totally.

Guest Besus
fuck those matches, i dont wanna see that shit again. They need to let the past go.

Finally someonelse dont wana see these maches like me. I dont wana see it again either,Tell me about it. *sighs*

Guys, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we should all have faith in Vince McMahon on this one. I mean, there's the nepotism, and there's the TNA show with Hulk, and the nepotism, but you think Vince is going to hold back on the biggest event ever? WrestleMania is his magnum opus, and he's not going to let the most highly-awaited, most publicized event since the last WrestleMania at the Garden be anything but the most incredible show. He knows the ramifications of not going all out for his fans. If after all the wait, he pulls punches and just has HHH beat Randy Orton, he's never going to hear the end of it.

Fuck nostalgia. The WWE should make NO mention to the history of WM at WM 20 and use it to spotlight/pass the torch to the midcard guys who should be main eventing but not do to bullshit politics ala WM 10............

This is quite possibly the stupidest and most closed minded thing I've ever read in this forum.

I totally agree. Of all the stupid, dumbass comments to make. This is the 20th WrestleMania, and one that has been advertised since the night after WM XIX. The WrestleMania Recalls that they have been doing show that they are going on a nostalgia trip at WM XX. And I for one can't wait. If Foley is there, I'll be happy. If guys like Hart and Savage show up and they become a part of the action, then it will be a very emotional event. You sir, are a moron for that comment.

I guess that means no Heat.

If Hogan's game, then they should hype a Hogan/Austin matchup ASAP. The entrances and stare down would be off the chart. But as a twist, this should be the curtain jerker match going no more than 15 minutes. With 5 hours the show can be a sort of transitional old guard to new blood theme, with either Cena, Benoit, RVD, Angle or Brock/Goldberg as the actual main event. Throw in a decent crusier match, a tag title match with some heat behind it and a ladder match paying homage to WMX, and there's the makings for a stellar card. In theory...

Guest Choken One

If you want a homage to WMX...You gotta have Edge/X as the opener then....

I would just (by using my card) Open with a HOT 15 minute Tag Match (Spanky London Vs WGTT)...

If your going to pay homage to X though, the match should exceed or at least rival its predecessor. Edge/Christain has been done before and wouldn't rival Bret/Owen.

I do however like the prospect of the WGTT/London/Spanky however.

Guest Choken One

Well Obviously but only Jericho/Benoit (on my proposed card) would be able to match Owen/Bret.

Guest ManKinnd
I guess that means no Heat.

If Hogan's game, then they should hype a Hogan/Austin matchup ASAP. The entrances and stare down would be off the chart. But as a twist, this should be the curtain jerker match going no more than 15 minutes. With 5 hours the show can be a sort of transitional old guard to new blood theme, with either Cena, Benoit, RVD, Angle or Brock/Goldberg as the actual main event. Throw in a decent crusier match, a tag title match with some heat behind it and a ladder match paying homage to WMX, and there's the makings for a stellar card. In theory...

Austin/Hogan as the opener? Goodbye crowd heat.

Imagine the whole rest of the card trying to follow that. Yea right.

Guest Choken One

Um....WMX had NO problem following up Bret/Owen.

Although I must say...WMX is OVER RATED. It's a two match card (two ***** matches mind you) but the rest of the card was mind numbingly horrid (with the exception of an entertaining Savage/Crush brawl).

Only WMXvII has been perfect from top to bottom (excluding a 3 minute Six Man Tag Match).

Guest ManKinnd
Um....WMX had NO problem following up Bret/Owen.

Although I must say...WMX is OVER RATED. It's a two match card (two ***** matches mind you) but the rest of the card was mind numbingly horrid (with the exception of an entertaining Savage/Crush brawl).

Only WMXvII has been perfect from top to bottom (excluding a 3 minute Six Man Tag Match).

You're comparing what Austin/Hogan would be heatwise to Bret/Owen. Personally, I find that laughable. Don't get me wrong, Bret/Owen was ***** and a wrestling fan's wet dream, but heatwise? Come on... it's the two biggest (arguably) wrestling names ever facing off. Bret/Owen was NOT that.

In the least.

Right now, the matches being talked about for WrestleMania XX are as follows:

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar

Kane vs. The Undertaker

Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon

Triple H vs. Mick Foley

It also appears that WWE is now anticipating that the Rock will work a match at the show, although who he will face is still a mystery.

This is not worth flying cross country.

Urge to sell ticket, rising.

And Choken, you mean:

"Only WMXvII has been perfect from top to bottom (excluding a 3 minute Chyna squash)."

Don't you..... DON'T YOU?

Guest Kamui
Thats exactly my point....I want to cry.

.....and you made fun of me for crying to an RPG ending?

-Duo

As one would say, "Your logic makes no logic."

I don't mind any of those matches all that offensive, except I agree Austin vs. Hogan is more desirable than McMahon. The only thing I have a problem with is Foley-HHH. I think Foley-HBK is the match I'd be going for.

Guest Kamui

Okay, read the rest of the topic, and so far I'm REALLY glad I was in my "ignore wrestling for a while" mode when they put tickets on sale (even though I live in NEW JERSEY), because this card is looking worse and worse....

Right now, simply as a fan who's main interest in wrestling was doing the Monday Night Wars, I'm completley annoyed with the fact that they plan to have both Austin AND Goldberg wrestle on WMXX and NOT wrestle each other. That's just bullshit. The two matches that they want to go with are bad for different reasons entirley.

First off, and I can't believe no one else has mentioned this: NO ONE WHO LEFT BEFORE 2002 CARES ABOUT BROCK. And thus, they don't care about Brock-Goldberg. You have a chance to get some marks from the MNW back with Austin-Goldberg, wrestling's last REAL money match besides MAYBE Bret-Vince....and they're skipping it for no real reason. Nevermind the fact that Brock-Goldberg will be a BAD MATCH- Brock's overrated and can't do the kind of carry job that Goldberg requires. Goldberg-Austin would be a bad match too, sure, but at least go with the bad match that's the REAL DREAM MATCH.

As for Austin-McMahon, this one MIGHT....and I stress that word.....MIGHT get a few extra buys from the past era fans, but it's overdone and overplayed. The real bad part isn't the match itself but the fact that you have to book some sort of feud for it. This feud was played out enough when Austin still wrestled....now you've got two non-wrestlers against each other building up to the biggest show of the year. This is going to lead to some REALLY bad TV.

Now, I only moderatley like Austin and I don't like Goldberg to any great degree, but the fact that they're throwing away wrestling's biggest money match for one that will draw moderatley at best and a really bad nostalgia trip is just bullshit. I'm ordering the card because it's the 20th Wrestlemania, but I'm getting happier and happier that I didn't buy a ticket by the SECOND. Not to mention the hour of video packages- holy crap, that's going to KILL the crowd, and again, I'm happy I won't be there for it.

-Duo

Its Austin's last match, I doubt he'd want to step in the ring with the sloppy, unsafe Goldberg.

Austin / Hogan is a bigger money match than Austin / Goldberg. And a lot of fans (marks and smarks alike) have wanted to see Lesnar kicks Goldberg's ass.

I'm not buying into "this match will suck and that match will suck" bullshit. It's WM for god sakes and it's at MSG. It's not like it's being held in North Dakota. The NYC crowd will make this 'Mania great. They cheer who they want to cheer and are always hot.

Imagine the crowd heat they will give Austin/Vince or Triple H/Foley? Hell, I could see them turning 100% on Goldberg and cheer Brock. Imagine the pop they would give if Hogan, Bret or Savage showed up?

Every year the Internet gets into a frenzy over this crap. Granted, last year was a little disappointing. But, how many other times have we been wrong? Everyone said Rock/Hogan would suck and it stole the show and it's one of the best moments ever in Wrestlemania history. I remember when everyone said Taker/Flair was going to suck and it was better then 90% of the card.

Hell, WM 17 alone. I remember the 'net kicking and crying back then over this card. "No one" wanted to see Austin and Rock headline again. "It's already been done." That match is one of the greatest matches ever at WM.

Matter of fact, be hard to find people to fess up about this now, people complained that Triple H got depushed thanks to Austin and it was unfair because Triple H carried the company for a year Austin was gone. People threw a fit because Triple H was stuck in a mid-card feud with Taker and people were saying their match was going to suck. They had a really good match and people even complained because Triple H had to job clean to Taker. (Waits for "I never liked Triple H.")

Anyway, this card isn't even set in stone yet. Give it a rest.