TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Markme123

Smackdown Tapings

After hearing of the Jericho/Rey match tomorrow I decided to bite the bullet and go to the tapings. This is my first show since SummerSlam 01: so how long is the whole show? What can I expect from a TV taping?

I might even post spoilers after the show-maybe...

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Hm, you'll get about 3 hours and change of show, at least I did when they were here last year with the tapings. You'll get a few dark matches, Velocity Tapings then the actual Smackdown. It's shockingly fun even if the show sucks, good atmosphere and all.

Guest wildpegasus
After hearing of the Jericho/Rey match tomorrow I decided to bite the bullet and go to the tapings. This is my first show since SummerSlam 01: so how long is the whole show? What can I expect from a TV taping?

I might even post spoilers after the show-maybe...

Make sure to post spoilers after the show. The more, the merrier. Thanks in advance.

Guest Mindless_Aggression
Speaking of tapings, do sites like 411 usually post dark match results? Because I know a local wrestler from up here went down to wrestle a dark match and I'm curious who she faced and how it went.

Yeah, they usually post them in the same update with Velocity spoilers.

Jericho/Rey? WTF.......is there another Jericho out there?

That match is going to be taped and shown on the Spike TV Video Game Awards.

Yeah, makes no sense to me, either.

Guest TheArchiteck
Jericho/Rey?  WTF.......is there another Jericho out there?

That match is going to be taped and shown on the Spike TV Video Game Awards.

Yeah, makes no sense to me, either.

Really?

Cool.

I was figuring they was just going to have out a PS2 or Xbox with their respective WWE game and have "interpromotional" matches on there...

You'll get Chris Benoit vs. John Cena and Brock Lesnar vs. Chris Benoit/John Cena for the WWE Heavyweight title. That's reason enough to go right there.

Is that set in stone? There so many screw ups last week I thought they finally decided on Benoit Vs Cena for the #1 shot? The winner gets a shot at Brock on the same show?

You'll get Chris Benoit vs. John Cena and Brock Lesnar vs. Chris Benoit/John Cena for the WWE Heavyweight title.  That's reason enough to go right there.

Is that set in stone? There so many screw ups last week I thought they finally decided on Benoit Vs Cena for the #1 shot? The winner gets a shot at Brock on the same show?

They were supposed to have the match after the battle royal on the same show last week, so they'll be fucking themselves over if they dont have it THIS week, will people believe TWO bait'n'switches in consecutive weeks?

The reason I say maybe is because it starts at 7:30 meaning it ends at around 11pm (2 am eastern). I've only slept for about 3 hours in the last 28 hours. I am so spent right now, and the show doesn't start for another 7 hours. I might just go home afterward and fall asleep. So I may not be able to post tonight.

Guest MikeSC

Umm, I could have SWORN I saw on Velocity that SD was live this week.

-=Mike

...Not that it really matters

I always go when the WWE comes to town now. No matter how good or bad the show is, I always have a great time and I love seeing the wrestlers in person. I missed the debut WWE show here back in February 2002 and I've regretted it since.

Guest Mulatto Heat

-=Mike

They say that on Velocity EVERY week.

It's amazing how people still keep falling for that. :lol:

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

They say that on Velocity EVERY week.

It's amazing how people still keep falling for that. :lol:

It's not like it really matters. Live TV is overrated. Horribly so.

-=Mike

Guest T0rrent

-=Mike

Nope, not live. I'd be there if it wasn't for school. Unfortunately, none of my friends went either for various reasons, so I can't get any spoilers up.

Guest wildpegasus

From gamefaqs.com: Some spoilers for everyone:

From: TheBlackMage84 | Posted: 12/3/2003 8:07:47 AM | Message Detail

Decent show overall, despite the fact that there was no Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio or Ultimo Dragon, and Tajiri & Eddie didn't wrestle. Here are the results. (Sorry, I don't remember the non-WWE guys' names. Plus, I'm tired so I won't go into too many details)

Dark Matches:

The Cat (w/LaMont) def. Chuck Palumbo (w/Johnny Stamboli)

- Wrestling wise, nothing too great. However, The Cat is very charismatic and brought the crowd into it. Cat won after "The Bull" accidentally hit Palumbo with a kick to the face.

Billy Kidman def. Jobber

- I believe this was Kidman's first match back after his injury, so he was showing a little bit of rust. He went for he SSP, but his opponent tripped him up. Kidman won with a roll-up (I believe).

Velocity:

Akio (w/Tajiri) def. Funaki

- Decent match, with Akio having the advantage for the most part. Funaki had the upper hand, but Tajiri gives him a stiff kick to the face while Akio distracted the ref. Akio gets the victory with his feet on the ropes.

Spanky & London def. Kanyon & Jobber

- Some good stuff here as long as Kanyon was in the ring, since his partner wasn't all that great. London had a sweet move where he drop kicked Kanyon and flipped right on to the Jobber. I can't decribe it very well, but take my word that it was sweet. Spanky pinned Jobber after they hit their double team move (I like to call it the London Spank).

Orlando Jordan def. Jobber

- Standard stuff here. The Jobber got some heat before Jordan came out, which helped the crowd get into it. Sadly, I missed the end of this one so I don't know how Jordan won it.

Bradshaw def. Rhyno

- Rhyno and Bradshaw come out to the first big heat and pop of the night, respectively. This was actually a very good brawl. Bradshaw went for the Clothesline from Hell but Rhyno pulled the ref in front of him, blocking him. Bradshaw wins after a boot to the face. After the match, Rhyno hit a sweet Gore on Bradshaw.

SmackDown! coming in my next post.

---

Edited by wildpegasus

Hey, i just got back. The show ended about an hour ago. Kanyon actually signed autographs!-he was the only one :(

Let me do it fast and furious:

Kanyon/some guy v. Spanky and Paul London was excellent for Velocity. Also taped was:

Rhyno v. Bradshaw (Rhyno cheered!)

Funaki v. Akio

Orlando Jordan v. some Nazi jobber guy

Eddie helps Chavo out in his match with Shelton, without his Chavo actually knowing. Eddie with a Y2Stinger "beer hat" was funny...

I think heard Rikishi and Scotty won the tag titles (as soon as I saw Rikishi I went to the bathroom)...

Benoit v. Cena was defiantly John's best match to date. Lord of Curry, you were wrong my friend. Controversy ensued and match was restarted and lasted in total about 15 min...

Noble finds Nidia a useful role ringside...

Moore v. Show-you can guess what happens

and...

Lesnar v. Benoit actually happened. It was a solid 15-20 mins. and was in my opinion Lesnars best match ever. Defiantly MOTYC.

If you want it spoiled:

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Great in ring action to start, but then the fight gets taken outside. Benoit's chops were unbelievable. Eventually he gets him down and hits a beautiful headbutt, which everyone thought was the finish. The loudest "Oohs!!!" I ever heard; almost like a simultaneous heartattack. Later on, The arena chanted "make him tap! make him tap!" which led to an attempted Crossface. They struggle but Lesnar's arm strength was too much and he picks Benoit for some sort of suplex that knocks the ref out. Benoit however gets the crossface and makes him tap again. Chris checks on the ref as Lesnar recovers and F5 Chris. But he kicks out! (second biggest pop of the night)

Crowd chants "you tapped out" which leads Brock to get a chair and attack Chris's ankle. Brock then applies the single most painful submission that I've never seen before. It was amazing. The ref calls for the bell however because Benoit lost consciousness. Brock then makes a passed out Benoit "tap out". Fucking great match that makes Brock look so much like a motherfucker. Benoit gets a standing O and looks to have cried. He walked out looking stronger even though he lost.

I'm serious guys, catch Smackdown just for the Benoit/Lesnar Benoit/Cena matches. Tape it.

EDIT: I can't get the spoiler tag to work correctly

Guest wildpegasus
Hey, i just got back. The show ended about an hour ago. Kanyon actually signed autographs!-he was the only one :(

Let me do it fast and furious:

Kanyon/some guy v. Spanky and Paul London was excellent for Velocity. Also taped was:

Rhyno v. Bradshaw (Rhyno cheered!)

Funaki v. Akio

Orlando Jordan v. some Nazi jobber guy

Eddie helps Chavo out in his match with Shelton, without his Chavo actually knowing. Eddie with a Y2Stinger "beer hat" was funny...

I think heard Rikishi and Scotty won the tag titles (as soon as I saw Rikishi I went to the bathroom)...

Benoit v. Cena was defiantly John's best match to date. Lord of Curry, you were wrong my friend. Controversy ensued and match was restarted and lasted in total about 15 min...

Noble finds Nidia a useful role ringside...

Moore v. Show-you can guess what happens

and...

Lesnar v. Benoit actually happened. It was a solid 15-20 mins. and was in my opinion Lesnars best match ever. Defiantly MOTYC.

If you want it spoiled:

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Great in ring action to start, but then the fight gets taken outside. Benoit's chops were unbelievable. Eventually he gets him down and hits a beautiful headbutt, which everyone thought was the finish. The loudest "Oohs!!!" I ever heard; almost like a simultaneous heartattack. Later on, The arena chanted "make him tap! make him tap!" which led to an attempted Crossface. They struggle but Lesnar's arm strength was too much and he picks Benoit for some sort of suplex that knocks the ref out. Benoit however gets the crossface and makes him tap again. Chris checks on the ref as Lesnar recovers and F5 Chris. But he kicks out! (second biggest pop of the night)

Crowd chants "you tapped out" which leads Brock to get a chair and attack Chris's ankle. Brock then applies the single most painful submission that I've never seen before. It was amazing. The ref calls for the bell however because Benoit lost consciousness. Brock then makes a passed out Benoit "tap out". Fucking great match that makes Brock look so much like a motherfucker. Benoit gets a standing O and looks to have cried. He walked out looking stronger even though he lost.

I'm serious guys, catch Smackdown just for the Benoit/Lesnar Benoit/Cena matches. Tape it.

EDIT: I can't get the spoiler tag to work correctly

You're the man! Thanks for the report.

After the main event I was waiting to see Jericho or Mysterio but it never happened. I don't know if it was because it was late (11pm) or that fact that people started leaving after Benoit exited or what. Oh well

Biggest heel heat: Brock (throughout the night)

Ref (for not seeing Brock <spoiler>)

Heyman

Biggest pops: Benoit/ Cena/Eddie (Cena was the most popular guy on the show. People were chasing his SUV after the show!! Ladies love him. Eddie got a great ovation from the large hispanic and smark fans in attendance. Everyone got behind Benoit however during his match with Lesnar

Rikishi and Scotty ( I don't know why...But GODDAMN is Kish a fat fuck. Jeez.

Later guys, I need sleep

Edited by Markme123