TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BifEverchad

The Christmas SmackDown from Iraq...

Vince McMahon was on FOX News Channel’s morning show “Fox and Friends” today. He was interviewed by Brian Kilmeade. The segment opened with Kilmeade welcoming Vince to the show and mentioning what McMahon and WWE did for the troops by going to Iraq and taping this week’s Smackdown there. Vince said that it was a privilege to be asked to do so by the Armed Forces Entertainment and said it was a great experience. Kilmeade asked if WWE brought their own ring with them and Vince said that they flew it over on the plane because they wouldn’t have had one otherwise.

Kilmeade asked what it was like to fly straight into Baghdad Airport instead of landing in Kuwait first. Vince said it was cool and very different since they were on an aircraft that only carried troops, equipment and cargo, not a normal airline.

Vince put over how great it was to be able to perform for the troops and said that when they were there, they stayed in one of Saddam Hussein’s palaces and slept on a cot, like everyone else. He added that they got back to the US on Sunday. He was asked if he was told what to do in case of attack and he said that they were told how to react in the case of sniper fire or mortar bombs. He again put over the troops for their sacrifices and for protecting out country.

He added that they could only take 34 people so a lot who wanted to go couldn’t. They again mentioned that the show would air Christmas night on UPN and that concluded the interview. … Thanks to Allen Woods for his help with this story.

from 1wrestling.com

Guest PowerPB13
You're right, it does have a "special" feel to it...

downs02.jpg

...it looks retarded.

So in other words, no different than any other WWE show.

-Patrick

You know what could have been cool? If they would have held the show IN the city, surrounded by the buildings and cars and stuff. Kind of those Japanese indy shows which look like they are being held behind an apartment building in the ghetto.

You know what could have been cool? If they would have held the show IN the city, surrounded by the buildings and cars and stuff. Kind of those Japanese indy shows which look like they are being held behind an apartment building in the ghetto.

It'd look cool, but would you rather wrestle:

surrounded by 100s of arguably the best-trained, best-armed soldiers on Earth in the confines of their base

-OR-

In the middle of a broken-down, bombed-out city surrounded by 100s of soldiers and civilians (many of whom are hostile to US troops) in the shadows of tall buildings that could double as sniper posts

?

Huh? Who marks out for what WrestleMania IX?

I do. Because I was there.

I know...

You liked seeing Mean Gean in a toga...

Was Mean Gean even there?

I don't remember BECAUSE THAT PPV SUCKED BIG BALLS.

Eh, whatever floats your boat.

WM IX overall > WM XIII overall

Not match-wise.

You know what could have been cool?  If they would have held the show IN the city, surrounded by the buildings and cars and stuff.  Kind of those Japanese indy shows which look like they are being held behind an apartment building in the ghetto.

surrounded by 100s of arguably the best-trained, best-armed soldiers on Earth in the confines of their base

-OR-

In the middle of a broken-down, bombed-out city surrounded by 100s of soldiers and civilians (many of whom are hostile to US troops) in the shadows of tall buildings that could double as sniper posts

?

I didn't say it would be safer, it would just be aesthetically different/cooler

You know what could have been cool?  If they would have held the show IN the city, surrounded by the buildings and cars and stuff.  Kind of those Japanese indy shows which look like they are being held behind an apartment building in the ghetto.

-OR-

?

I didn't say it would be safer, it would just be aesthetically different/cooler

Well I unquestionably agree with you there.

You know, after seeing Big Show on MSNBC, I really think the guy could be an asset to the company after his ring career is over & done with.

Never thought I'd be giving the guy props, but he comes off as very personable & good-natured. He'd be perfect for P.R.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Oh, pfft. What does crowd have to do with the match quality?

This subject is more on crowds that match quality. My comments on Hogwild 96 are strictly crowd-related.

Didn't the redneck bikers cheer Hollywood Hogan more than anyone?

Pffff...holding shows in front of non-wrestling fans.

Random Redneck Biker: "Eddie who? Fuck that spick, I'm gonig with Hogan cause he's white....almost!"