TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

American Idol 3

Yeah, what's the deal with the copious amounts of cleavage tonight, anyways?

The Bible Twins didn't blow me away - after a while, they all start to sound the same (and by "they" I mean male singers - and female singers too)... it takes a rare person to break from the moooooOOOOOldaaaaaahyaeeIIIIIeeIIII - if you catch my drift. The guy who sang "the best version of that song I've ever heard" - Simon almost had me asleep... jesus christ, just say the word dammit!

it would be nice to see them pick someone who is not your typical Top 40 prototype, but by the end of the show, that is exactly what will be left standing. This is the first time I have seen a full episode, cause my family was playing scrabble, and I must say this show sucks. It is painfully obvious that it is all about drama and has nothing to do with singing or talent, at least for the first week. If it was they could easily screen people so you at least had to have some talent to get on tv.

Yeah but the "drama" is what gets the ratings. Kelly Clarkson's look changed once she made it into the top 10 or whatever. When she first sang, she looked like a regular girl. Then they gave her a make-over and she got hot.

Yeah but the "drama" is what gets the ratings. Kelly Clarkson's look changed once she made it into the top 10 or whatever. When she first sang, she looked like a regular girl. Then they gave her a make-over and she got hot.

I wouldn't exactly call her an IDOL either, in fact I am kind of offended that they even use the term, "American Idol" for the show. How about "American vocalist" ?

Edited by NoCalMike

it would be nice to see them pick someone who is not your typical Top 40 prototype, but by the end of the show, that is exactly what will be left standing. This is the first time I have seen a full episode, cause my family was playing scrabble, and I must say this show sucks. It is painfully obvious that it is all about drama and has nothing to do with singing or talent, at least for the first week. If it was they could easily screen people so you at least had to have some talent to get on tv.

The first couple episodes are all about showing off the worst of the worst and the quirkiest of the quirky and then the few of the good singers who are interesting enough to show off, like Dean Martin Guy, Scooter Girl, and the Jesus Twins. I honestly couldn't see myself actually watching the show post-opening episodes too, if not for Scooter Girl and maybe Dean Martin Guy.

Oh, and I can buy Scooter Girl being kicked out early on to show that it's a competition and all that too. She was the only one of the people who passed that we saw who went in 2-1 as opposed to 3-0.

I wouldn't exactly call her an IDOL either, in fact I am kind of offended that they even use the term, "American Idol" for the show. How about "American vocalist" ?

The reason it's called "American Idol" is obvious - the title meant to capitalize on people's sense of patriotism, either conciously or subconciously. The original title ("Pop Idol") makes a lot more sense, but call it that here and maybe not as many people tune in to see it.

Of course, if it's "American Idol", why do they have a Brit as one of the judges?

Scooter Girl: I have to agree with Randy, her voice is perfect for Broadway. But since the Cult of Clay Aiken managed to have him finish second - and he has a Broadway-quality voice as well - I suppose that anything's possible.

The Dean Martin guy won't go much further. Great singer, but this ain't the competition for him. They had a Sinatra-type singer last year, and he didn't make the semis, so I don't expect it to be different for the Martin guy.

I liked the Army chick, she was an alright singer, and cute.

I went to bed after the first hour (work at 2am). I didn't see the Klingon or Scooter girl.

The Dean Martin guy almost blew it by starting out as a gimmick. I didn't think much of the singing brothers (Jesus and Noel), but they seemed to like them. Scatgirl was the shit...I wonder if these people stop and think "would someone actually pay to hear this?"

....This 'Simon' scares me.

...Great. More cleavage. Ugh. Scratch that, this chick scares me too.

I'm not watching this willingly, for anyone cares....compy is in the same room as the TV, unfortunately.

The only person in that entire first episode that could even begin to be called an "artist" was Scooter Girl, and that is only because she at least put an entire act. She even wrote her own song. Now, I am not saying she is a GOOD artist, but the fact remains, she came with her own lyrics/song and didn't just come there singing the last lame pop hit. Just my opinion though.

Guest Ghettoman

I had to turn away from the fat girl doing flash dance after she said "I lost 80 pounds to get here" and started crying. Some reality TV is funny in a sad way.

When the judges are laughing insanely during your singing...I think that'd be a hint to, oh I dunno, stop.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

Running down the checklist...

- chick with wild coloured hair? Check

- guy with giant smile? Check

- singing beefcake for the ladies and non-traditional males? Check

- people who stand a chance of winning the competition? Maybe a couple.

I haven't seen anyone who I think could actually win this competition.

Lateta comes close though. Scooter Girl will make it to the top 12 maybe but charity cases don't really do good in American Idol. She can go the Nikki route and make it far but not win or go the Vanessa route and get booted first week.

Fantasia may not have a voice that would work well with different types of songs. Black Velvet girl was ok and I thought of Caldwell too.

Jesus Twins I have mixed feelings towards. Jesus was good but Noel I dont know.

I hope, I'm not the only one who enjoys it more when a black person gets put through. They seem to appreciate it much more with there families and friends.

I hope, I'm not the only one who enjoys it more when a black person gets put through. They seem to appreciate it much more with there families and friends.

When the girl with the Macy Gray voice got put through, it looked like her man was gonna tap that ass right there.

These casting specials, or auditions, or whatever they call them, are the best episodes of the show by far. I hardly ever watch it when the show really kicks off, but watching talentless idiots get ripped on by Simon is endlessly amusing. My highlights of the night are probably the same as everyone else's, though I wish Simon would have been harsher with that hippie idiot.

Btw, Colonel KKK, I must agree that Paula Abdul is still a fine piece of ass.

When the judges are laughing insanely during your singing...I think that'd be a hint to, oh I dunno, stop.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

Running down the checklist...

- chick with wild coloured hair? Check

- guy with giant smile? Check

- singing beefcake for the ladies and non-traditional males? Check

- people who stand a chance of winning the competition? Maybe a couple.

Then again, if these kids are dumb enough to think they have a good voice, then they're probably dumb enough to believe that the judge's laughter was celebrating them...or something.

What's with all the gay dudes? Now, I obvioulsy love gay bois, but I know they're not the only guys that can sing. So, either straight guys are too afraid to sign up, or they think they have to act 'gay' to win, or...they just didn't feel like showing all the straight guys. Whatever the case, even I was getting sick of all femmales.

EDIT: Oh, and that 'singing beefcake' didn't impress me one bit. My mom is practically drooling and I'm just like 'what..the fuck..ever'.

Edited by Yuna_Firerose