TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Ohtani of Time

Are you a Sensei?

Give me an RPG and I get most of the way through it in, oh, 20 hours no breaks. Give me 30 and I'm most likely at the final boss.

You waste alot of hours...

*plays chrono trigger again*

I just spent only TEN hours on La Pucelle Tactics.

I'm already on Chapter 7 and I'm guessing there's only 10-11 Chapters (if it is like Disgaea). Mind you, I've hit that funny area where you must either grind it out, or actually spend some time figuring out a strategy that involves a lot of skill and luck.

Usually I follow the later of the two resolves. However, having all of my characters under level 20 even has me wondering if I can manage to continue my fighting ways.

All right we have a Tony Hawk fan here. Please explain to me the appeal of the Tony Hawk games. Is it because of the skateboarding appeal? Is it possable for someone who's had a disdain for skateboarding his whole life to like these games? I just don't understand the appeal of skateboarding never mind the appeal of wanting to do skateboarding tricks on a video game screen. I don't mean to diss Tony Hawk fans here but what's the point? Am I just missing something? Basically what I'm saying is this:

Sell me on this game

IMO I only liked Tony Hawk 2. 3 and 4 abandoned the career mode in 2 in favor for a weird mission by person mode where you have to do missions based on what someone told you to do. So if you like a Hawk game that actually makes sense, THPS2 is the one for you. Mind you, havent played THUG yet.

NBA LIVE 95 on Genisis. I have beaten the game on the hardest level ONLY taking half court shots. I never lost to ANYONE. Every Live game after that, it was a fair battle, but in that game...flawless.

How did you hit that shot consistently? I love NBA Live 95, and Coach K, and I thought I was pretty good. I might get into emulation just for those games. I'm sure you'd beat my ass though. But I was awesome at 97 & 98 on PS.

NBA LIVE 95 on Genisis.  I have beaten the game on the hardest level ONLY taking half court shots.  I never lost to ANYONE.  Every Live game after that, it was a fair battle, but in that game...flawless.

How did you hit that shot consistently? I love NBA Live 95, and Coach K, and I thought I was pretty good. I might get into emulation just for those games. I'm sure you'd beat my ass though. But I was awesome at 97 & 98 on PS.

That game had one release point. If you realased it at the right time, you would hit every shot in reasonable range and go about 50-60 percent from half court.

And it is the same for every player. Shaq can knock down 3s at about 70 percent.

The game wasn't slightly realistic, but hey...I am da MASTA.

They changed it in 1996 so I was never as good at it as I was in 95. Fuckers.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'll whip your ass at checkers and euchre. Not video games, but they still count.

I am the man at No Mercy, I had a undefeated CAW for over a year, granted 6 months of that the game was stuck behind a couch at my friends house, but that still counts damnit!!!!!

and Super Mario Bros. for NES. I beat that game when i was 4.

NBA LIVE 95 on Genisis.  I have beaten the game on the hardest level ONLY taking half court shots.  I never lost to ANYONE.  Every Live game after that, it was a fair battle, but in that game...flawless.

That game had one release point. If you realased it at the right time, you would hit every shot in reasonable range and go about 50-60 percent from half court.

And it is the same for every player. Shaq can knock down 3s at about 70 percent.

I'm sure you scored like 60 points a game with Dan Majerle....

Yeah, it changed in 96... didn't they add crossovers, etc...realism took the fun away.

I'm sure you scored like 60 points a game with Dan Majerle....

Yeah, it changed in 96... didn't they add crossovers, etc...realism took the fun away.

Actually, I usually had KJ averaging like 60 points, 30 assist, 20 rebounds 10 steals and 5 blocks. He would lead the league in like every statistical catagory. Everyone on the team would average at least 30.

Damn i miss that game.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Just finished beating Mario RPG. Started it Tuesday night, and finished it earlier this morning.

The ONLY boss that took me more than 1 attempt to beat was Culex, because of those damn crystals. First time I think I've ever beaten him. (I was only @ Level 21).

I still have 24 treasure chests to find, but there's no 100% completion tally in the game, so it doesn't matter.

I found that game so non-difficult.

I beat the last boss the first time I played him, and I didn't even squander a whole lot of time searching out bonus items and upgrading and shit.

I'm sorry, but when you can beat the LAST boss on the FIRST try, it's a huge friggin' letdown. Not that I wanna get my ass kicked every time, but I do want some challenge, you know?

I think I only had trouble with the Axem rangers, and that was only until I realized which ones casted which spells and attacked accordingly.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

It all depends on what level you're at. If you're at Level 11 with 5 Stars, it's going to be a bitch to beat. Level 18 or so is clear sailing until you get to Smithy, and anything less will be challenging, and if only on a level starting with the digit of 1_, I wouldn't even bother fighting Culex (Fucking tough son of a bitch)

I was devastating on Live 95 and 96. I had my Orlando Magic set just the way I wanted it on 96, with the CAPs for Kobe, Iverson, et. al. made and the rosters as close as I could get them to the actual ones for the 99-00 season, then my erstwhile roommate steals my Genesis and my carts.

Bastard.

Tekken 3, everything is unlocked, Ive beaten the game in every possible way with everyone in the game and I have still yet to be defeated going up against someone else.

I became the greatest I've ever seen at Super Mario Brothers 2.

Still an all time favorite of mine.

Can you beat the game using the Princess without getting hit and without warping, while getting all the mushrooms in each level? That would probably be my greatest video game achievement.

My second greatest was beating Contra 3 The Alien Wars for SNES on the Hardest mode without dying once. I've only did that once and haven't come close since.

My greatest achievement was beating Chrono Trigger in under ten hours (9:59~!), no dying, doing every little thing to get the best ending, and might I add that it was a non-plus game.

Yeah, who's the man?! ...ok, it's about all I got besides playing about 100+ RPGs and beating about that many.