TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

Damnit,Kanyon Has A 90 Day No Compete Clause

The no compete clause (I read this when Spanky got cut) has only meant TNA for a while now. He can go compete in any other indy. It's funny that WWE and TNA both have contracts that in one way or another mean "can't work for the other guy". With TNA you can work for anyone but WWE when you sign. For WWE you can work anywhere but TNA for 90 days when you are released.

I guess so. Which makes sense. In theory. It's just so weird since TNA and WWE are so far apart...and hell...a guy like Kanyon hasn't been on WWE TV in forever anyway.

I understand the concept of not wanting a guy showing up on the other show...but TNA isn't even that.

Raven didn't have to wait 90 days...I wonder why that was.

No that's been in contracts for a long time. It's just that only TNA meets the requirements now. We were talking 90 day no compete clauses for the guys released before Raven like Mike Sanders and whoever else got fired that week (there were a bunch of people)

Guest PowerPB13

Goes to show how COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY FUCKING PETRIFIED AND SPINELESS they are with regards to any other wrestling organization even coming close to competing with them.

-Patrick

Anybody else think that when the WWE lets a wrestler go they should just let him altogether. No 90 day bullshit. Why should they have the 90 thing when they don't care enough about him to give him something to do.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Anybody else think that when the WWE lets a wrestler go they should just let him altogether. No 90 day bullshit. Why should they have the 90 thing when they don't care enough about him to give him something to do.

If I remember, Mike Awesome had the same problem, and when he was allowed to compete elsewhere, he was a little out of shape.

Raven didn't have to wait 90 days...I wonder why that was.

I can remember reading awhile back that the WWE made some sort of deal with Raven where they agreed to let him out the 90 day clause if he didn't badmouth on the air or something of the sort.

Goes to show how COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY FUCKING PETRIFIED AND SPINELESS they are with regards to any other wrestling organization even coming close to competing with them.

-Patrick

Keep the faith man, in 90 days Kanyon will be coming to NWATNA, and then begins the end of the WWE.

Muppet.

I don't know why you're complaining, he definitely will make some sort of appearance in the near future on TNA. I remember hearing Don West mention (on Xplosion) he talks to Kanyon frequently. So I do think he will still wrestle

It's funny that WWE and TNA both have contracts that in one way or another mean "can't work for the other guy".

I dont understand why TNA have the same stipulation. WWE would never sign someone who was able to work TNA anyway.

And on the TNA side, surely it wouldnt be bad to have a guy on your roster that is also working for the WWE, and is getting massive exposure on a weekly basis because of it.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I would imagine though that he could work for ROH or one of the Japanese organizations though, right???

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

-Patrick

And that's just smart business.

Hopefully if/when Kanyon gets there, TNA puts a Kanyon-Delirious match on the ppv. If Don West is to be believed, he made a comment that Delirious is one of Kanyon's favorite wrestlers.

That and the two could have a very good match.

Guest PowerPB13

-Patrick

And that's just smart business.

Except that WWE's historically at their best when they have competition, and that pushes both companies to do better. As is, WWE's the only game in town and if they have a chip on their shoulder with regards to you, you can forget about getting a major push in a national wrestling company.

-Patrick