TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

HHH going over at Wrestlemania again

There is a rumour circulating that HHH does not want to work with Chris Benoit after Wrestlemania XX and is pushing to have Edge on RAW so he could work an angle with him. If this rumour is remotely true expect HBK to cost Benoit and himself the title at WrestleMania. That could lead to a match between HBK and Benoit in Edmonton with HBK being the heel.

Credit:Rajahwwf

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest Salacious Crumb

I honestly can't even be surprised by this anymore. The potential for Triple H to pull this was there the instant HBK was included into the match.

Benoit could still win but it'll be by pinning HBK or a cheap win in a ladder match.

Guest PowerPB13

...if anyone is surprised by this...well, you're an idiot, no better way to put it.

-Patrick

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

RAJAHWWF.com? Really, how CLOSE are they when not stealing WrestlingObserver news?

I love the "Sting is joining WWE in 2 weeks" news every other month.

I knew this as soon as they moved him to Raw.

Honestly, I wouldn't be watching if it wasn't for Eddy and his upcoming Angle match as well as my desire to watch John Cena's rise to Rock-esque popularity.

Guest PowerPB13

The entire, single-minded purpose of World Wrestling Entertainment in 2004 = Putting Triple H over.

-Patrick

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I didn't think HHH would be this much of a shithead (how silly of me) as I actually defend the bastard. If this shit is true I'm jumping on the HHHate HHH band wagon.

What does it matter?  Even if Benoit "wins" at WM he still "loses".

Going back to your "but he didn't beat Shawn" argument because he would have even if he does pin Hunter, he gets a defacto win over Shawn. I dont think he and Eddie got their jobs back to the Dudleys on a PPV a couple of years ago, but you wouldnt say "but he never pinned Bubba Ray!"

Oh, and this news makes me ill and want to sell my tickets.

And how the hell would Edge just jump into the ME picture after being gone a year?

Shawn *costing* Benoit the title at Mania? He's involved in the main event so how would that turn him heel?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
What does it matter?  Even if Benoit "wins" at WM he still "loses".

Going back to your "but he didn't beat Shawn" argument because he would have even if he does pin Hunter, he gets a defacto win over Shawn. I dont think he and Eddie got their jobs back to the Dudleys on a PPV a couple of years ago, but you wouldnt say "but he never pinned Bubba Ray!"

Oh, and this news makes me ill and want to sell my tickets.

And how the hell would Edge just jump into the ME picture after being gone a year?

Shawn *costing* Benoit the title at Mania? He's involved in the main event so how would that turn him heel?

If I had the money I'd buy them from you and attempt to assassinate HBK and HHH forcing Benoit to win.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I say that Benoit vs. HBK in Edminton for Backlash will involve the WWE Title in some way.

Guest Dynamite Kido

The entire, single-minded purpose of World Wrestling Entertainment in 2004 = making me the most cynical/sarcastic bastard on the face of the planet.......except for RRR. :P

I say that Benoit vs. HBK in Edmonton for Backlash will involve the WWE Title in some way.

Agreed. I'm standing by my prediction (which is also what I would like to see happen) that Michaels wins the belt at Wrestlemania, turns fully heel on Benoit, and then Benoit wins the belt at Backlash.

I can't honestly believe any of you even suspected that HHH might lose.

You know, I still don't think he will. Yes, i know the HHH as a heel has left Mania the champion before, but it's obvious they're going for the whole 'celebration' schtick so they should end the PPV on a high note.

*clenches Benoit action figure* Benoit will win...Benoit will win....Benoit will win....Benoit will win

Yep, and most recently he hasn't gotten his win back from Eddie (Vengeance 03), Angle (RR and a Smackdown a few weeks later) and Brock (Smackdown). It didn't make sense for him to leave Smackdown with all those issues unresolved (which I _did_ say). With this storyline you have to compromise some things in order make it "work" (like history). This is a direct issue, however. If Benoit is happy with a "defacto" win, rather than getting the actual best of Michaels, then what sort of champion is he? Oh wait *smacks head* he's an idiot; I keep forgetting details like that.

Who bloody cares about what some second-rate newsboard had to say?

All this does it piss off the optimists and cause the pesimists to say "I told you so."

Wait until March 15th before you start bitching.

Guest Super Pissed Smark
I say that Benoit vs. HBK in Edminton for Backlash will involve the WWE Title in some way.

It certainly will when Triple-H comes out, title slung over his shoulder, for the angle that gets him involved with the special referee for that match: Edge.

Yep, and most recently he hasn't gotten his win back from Eddie (Vengeance 03), Angle (RR and a Smackdown a few weeks later) and Brock (Smackdown).  It didn't make sense for him to leave Smackdown with all those issues unresolved (which I _did_ say).  With this storyline you have to compromise some things in order make it "work" (like history).  This is a direct issue, however.  If Benoit is happy with a "defacto" win, rather than getting the actual best of Michaels, then what sort of champion is he?  Oh wait *smacks head* he's an idiot; I keep forgetting details like that.

Well, I agree with all of his unresolved issues on Smackdown, but now that he's on another brand they shouldnt be an issue. Illogical I know, but we're suppose to be conditioned to see Benoit as a RAW superstar now who *could* have beaten Eddie, Angle and Brock (although he has traded wins with all of them, save for Brock) but now its a non-issue.

The best way to look at the Shawn scenario is to hope he gets the win over HHH, and even though it's merely a defacto win over Shawn, there's the notion of 'unfinished business' for the next PPV, much like Owen showing up post WMX celebration. In that sense it adds more intruige to the possible Benoit/Shawn much, rather then HBK wanting revenge for beating him twice or '1 and a half' times if you will.

Triple H and HBK will not win the title at Wrestlemania.

It just won't happen.

Crippler is going to win the title and then defend it against HBK in Edmonton. No way would this company be dumb enough to hype up "This is the chance for Benoit" and then have him lose again under any circumstance.

Chris wins over Trips then defends the title at Backlash.

I find them crazy but they can't be THIS stupid.

Who bloody cares about what some second-rate newsboard had to say?

All this does it piss off the optimists and cause the pesimists to say "I told you so."

He's right, and I was as pissed as everyone else before I read his post. I'll wait until March 15 before I mail an envelope with a white powdery residue to Vince and co.

I haven't even commented on the possibility of HHH winning because Benoit's quest is already ruined by (a)the insertion of HBK and (b)HBK's win on RAW and ©the horrible booking of Benoit.

Shit, I was told that before Benoit even won the rumble and was on RAW. I WAS RIGHT! Haven't I earned the right for, as AS calls it, "pre-emptive bitching"?

Quite frankly, I don't even know what to think about HHH keeping the title at Mania. I continue to give HHH the benefit of the doubt when dropping the strap; I did it with Goldberg at SSlam and with Booker at WM last year, yet even now I can't see him doing that.

Fuck, *I* am one of those optimists!

Guest Super Pissed Smark
No way would this company be dumb enough to hype up "This is the chance for Benoit" and then have him lose again under any circumstance.

I find them crazy but they can't be THIS stupid.

Are you sure you're in the right folder? This must've been meant for TNA or Puro one, you just couldn't be talking about the same WWE I'm thinking of.