TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DMann2003

The Passion of the Christ

Being a Catholic (though not traditionalist like Mel Gibson) I'm am very much anticpating the film's release this Wednesday (Ash Wednesday). Despite the concern of possible anti-semetic content, I will wait to make any judgement until I've seen the film.

Anyone else interested in seeing what all the fuss is about?

Guest Choken One

I'll wait until The DVD comes out since I'm sure it'll include english subtitles there.

I will be seeing it with a bunch of people from the church that I am a member of. We have rented an entire screen for the evening.

For those who don't know if they'll see it or not, just think of it as any other movie. I don't know why so many are thinking of it as nothing more than a Christian flick.

I've went to see movies about other religions and cultures, and loved them even when I don't believe in or agree with the subject matter. I just wish more people could look at it as a film, a movie, entertainment.

Me and My Mother will be seeing it in 13 days or so (Its my V-day gift to her)

That's funny cause I talked to my Mom about the film and she's said she'll see it, but she's not that good at watching films with intense violence.

She told me she'd turn her head during the squeamish parts, I said you'd kinda miss the point.

Guest Astro

My Mother raised me to be a rather relegious puppy, although I've gone agnostic the last few years

Guest Astro
My Mother raised me to be a rather relegious puppy, although I've gone agnostic the last few years

And a poor speller

Guest thebigjig

I definitely wont be seeing it on opening night... nothing is more annoying than a theater full of ultra religious texans who will no doubt all be emotionally devestated by the film. I'm interested in seeing it from a film standpoint, but I'll wait for the crowds to die down first

I had an interesting conversation about this movie with my parents.

My Mom:"So is this a Mel Gibson film?"

My Dad:"Yes."

My Mom:"Did he write it?"

My Dad:"No I think it was written by The Apostles (Starts Laughing)!!!"

Thanks.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Thanks.

Your family sucks.

Thanks.

Your family sucks.

You just passed the line!!! Can someone get banned for saying something like that about someone else's family like that? That just fucking pisses me off rip me all you want but when you start saying shit about my family well FUCK YOU because that is just fucking rediculous you asshole!!!

Thanks.

Whatever I said what I had to say so lets just drop it because it will start what happens in every thread and that is a huge argument BBCW and myself and I do not feel like getting involved in that.

Thanks.

Whatever I just do not care anymore because I just want to move on from this like rivalry or whatever you want to call it and just continue posting without flaming back and forth.

Thanks.

Guest SP-1

I'll be there opening night in all probability. Well, unless I'm still editing the short film we shot today. Which we probably will be. But we'll hopefully put it off that night and go see the movie.

My comm department has been focusing on the movie since I first got here, and we've all heard alot of positive feedback about it from some pretty respected Christian leaders who have seen it.

As for the people who think it has an anti-semetic message, I suggest reading the gospels. The gospels clearly portray the Jews having a hand in the crucifiction, but the message isn't anti-semetic. The theological meaning behind those events completely overrides the cultural elements of blame.

Catholics and Christians who are anti-semetic are operating in false doctrine and have missed the point entirely.

Anyone else interested in seeing what all the fuss is about?

Not really. I've heard about it every freakin Christmas for the past 21 years of my life in one of the most boring places you can go to (church), so forgive me if I can't get excited about this :)

I'm curious to see it, just to see if it projects an accurate portrayal of the events. It sure as hell can't be any worse than the dateline special (read: crap) on Friday night.

I have a feeling this movie may end up challenging Titanic for most watched movie of all time if the pre-screening sales are any indication.