Kahran Ramsus

2003 Razzie Award Winners

The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation

presents

The 24th Annual RAZZIE® Awards "WINNERS" Announced

For Immediate Release

‘GIGLI’ Really Wows

RAZZIE® Voters

Although it fell one statuette short of the record 7 “wins” racked up by all-time champions SHOWGIRLS and BATTLEFIELD EARTH, the Bennifer Box Office Blowfest GIGLI set an impressive new record of its own at Saturday’s 24th Annual RAZZIE® Awards, dis-honoring 2003’s WORST Achievements in Film. It’s six award sweep of Tinsel Town’s Tackiest Trophy Derby make GIGLI the equivalent of IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT – The first film ever to take ALL SIX “top” RAZZIES®: Worst Picture, Worst Actor (Ben Affleck), Worst Actress (Jennifer Lopez) and Worst Screen Couple (Affleck & Lopez combined) as well as Worst Screenplay and Worst Director (both the work of Triple-Crown “winner” Martin Brest, who also co-produced the film). As usual, no “winners” were expected to be in attendance when envelopes were opened and results revealed in The Penthouse Suite of the 4-Points/Sheraton Hotel in Santa Monica, California.

Stopping GIGLI from collecting every award given were two RAZZIE® stalwarts. All-Time RAZZIE® Cham-Peen Sylvester Stallone beat out GIGLI Supporting Actor nominees Al Pacino and Christopher Walken to set a new record of his own: a staggering 30 nominations and 10 “wins.” Another long-term RAZZIE® target took the OTHER Worst Supporting award from GIGLI nominee Lainie Kazan: Two-time Worst Actress “winner” Demi Moore not only “won” Worst Supporting Actress, but her “comeback vehicle” CHARLIE’S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE was also picked as Worst Remake or Sequel. Landing with a resounding ker-splat in the litter box next to these box office duds was the RAZZIE® voters’ choice in a new category, Worst Excuse for an Actual Movie, the over-hyped, hopelessly tasteless Mike Myers version of THE CAT-IN-THE-HAT, which entered the competition with an impressive 8 nominations. Also presented in the one-hour ceremony satirizing Hollywood award shows in general (and the Oscars® in particular) was a Special Governor’s Award for Distinguished Under-Achievement, given to Travis Payne, whose choreography for Worst Picture nominee FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY was deemed too amusingly awful to go un-dissed.

“Winners” were determined by mailing ballots to 617 Golden Raspberry Award Foundation members throughout 39 U.S. states and 15 foreign countries. The award itself is a handcrafted gold spray-painted golf-ball-sized raspberry atop a mangled reel of Super 8 film, with an estimated street value of $4.89. The RAZZIES® were created in 1980 by John Wilson, a life-long cynic and Cine-Maniac as well as the author of both EVERYTHING I KNOW I LEARNED AT THE MOVIES and the up-coming Warner book THE OFFICIAL RAZZIE® MOVIE GUIDE, scheduled for release to tie-in with next year’s 25th Annual RAZZIE® Awards.

For more info on The RAZZIES, or to Interview JOHN WILSON

Please E-mail [email protected]

24th Annual Golden Raspberry (RAZZIE®) Award “Winners”

WORST PICTURE

GIGLI (Sony-Columbia/Revolution) Produced by Casey Silver & Martin Brest

WORST ACTOR

Ben Affleck / DAREDEVIL, GIGLI and PAYCHECK

WORST ACTRESS

Jennifer Lopez / GIGLI

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Sylvester Stallone (Playing 5 Roles, All Badly!) SPY KIDS 3-D: GAME OVER

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Demi Moore / CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE

WORST SCREEN COUPLE

Ben Affleck & Jennifer Lopez / GIGLI

WORST EXCUSE for an ACTUAL MOVIE (All Concept/No Content!) (New Category)

THE CAT-IN-THE-HAT

WORST REMAKE or SEQUEL

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE

WORST DIRECTOR

Martin Brest / GIGLI

WORST SCREENPLAY

GIGLI, Written by Martin Brest

GOVERNOR’S AWARD for DISTINGUISHED UNDER- ACHIEVEMENT in CHOREOGRAPHY

Travis Payne for His Work on FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY

AWARDS PER PICTURE:

GIGLI – 6 (Picture, Actor, Actress, Screen Couple, Director & Screenplay)

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE – 2 (Worst Remake or Sequel, Worst Supporting Actress)

CAT-IN-THE-HAT & FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY – 1 EACH

Sylvester Stallone has now “won” 10 RAZZIES® and has a career record of 30 nominations.

Demi Moore has now “won” 4 RAZZIES® and has a career total of 9 nominations.

http://www.razzies.com/asp/24thAwards.htm?...w&articleid=185

No surprises here.

WORST EXCUSE for an ACTUAL MOVIE (All Concept/No Content!) (New Category)

THE CAT-IN-THE-HAT

Mmmmhmmm. Certainly not because it was the most famous movie nominated in this category. Riiiight.

I can't really argue with most of these, but how Cat in the Hat beat Real Cancun or Justin to Kelly (wasn't that nominated) I will never know. Okay, wait, I DO, but blech.

Guest The Midnight Rocking Warrior

Gigli was honestly the worst movie I've ever seen, I was envious of the chick that slit her wrists. Oh well, Daredevil has one positive award that could cancel out the razzie since he was nominated for three films ( It's like, a theory from Film critics throughout history), Observe:

Razzie nomination for one performance- Canceled out by an oscar nomination ( Last Temptation of Christ)

Razzie nomination for two performances in two different movies - Canceled out by a Golden Globe or Golden Satillite nomination (Dogma)

Razzie nomination or win for three different performances- Canceled out by an Mtv movie award win or nomination . I'm going to bed, goodnight

The Razzies is a case of great concept, horrible execution most of the time. See Chris Walken being nominated for Worst Supporting Actor because he was famous and in a bad movie, rather than actually being bad in it.

why does someone get nominated for every movie they do that year? Ben for Gigli makes sense. But why do they throw in all of the other movies, especially if they don't deserve to be there

Razzie nomination or win for three different performances- Canceled out by an Mtv movie award win or nomination.

An MTV movie award should *NEVER* excuse you from a Razzie. However, the Razzies have become just as big a joke as the MTV awards.

House of the Dead was robbed!

Gigli and House of the Dead are up there in my "WORST MOVIES of ALL TIME" category. HOTD had some of the WORST ACTING EVER! Especially that black chick, who uttered out that half-smiling "It's HORRIBLE" line in the movie. And then...the cheesy Matrix shooting scenes...

I don't see how ANYONE can call Gigli the worst movie of all time. It doesn't crack the top 100. Don't get me wrong. Its not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination...its just kinda there. Not good...not GAWD AWFUL~!...just there.

Although, I would concede the Affleck Nomination, Jennifer Lopez actually gave a good performance in that movie.

That movie isn't good, but there are at least 10 movies LAST YEAR that was worst that Gigli, let alone alltime.

Here is the difference between Gigli and House of the Dead. HOTD was dead in the water from the beginning. There was no chance in hell that could have been even halfway decent.

Gigli should have been good with the budget and talent involved. It was the biggest crime.

The Razzie stuff is silly. Bear in mind at the 1991 Razzies Ford Fairlane swept the boards and that is actually quite a badass movie with a cult following nowdays.

Guest The Midnight Rocking Warrior

LTOC was nominated for worst supporting actor for Harvey Keitel, but also nominated for best director for Scorsese. Walken and Pacino were in for a combined ten minutes, I didn't think they should have been nominated before Justin Bartha. T3, Freddy vs. Jason, The Hulk, and somehow LXG avoided nominations, so I can breathe easy for another year

LXG was probably on the short list, but there was no reason for Hulk, T3 or Freddy vs. Jason to get nominated.

Hulk deserved the nomination. It just wouldn't deserve to win.