TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Dream WrestleMania venues

I like most of those venues, but Petco Park fucking rules.

Oh, how sweet it would be if a WWE high-up was browsing this thread...

Guest Anglesault

^What a Fugly Stadium.

Anyway, a lot of really strange choices. To think that Mania as any chance whatsoever of being held outside of the big three (US, Canada, UK) are kidding themselves.

Frigging Brazil?

I guess if it's a Dream thread, it works, but really, come on.

It's just that.

When it comes to outdoor waterfront stadiums, San Fran's beats all , even if we lost the easily-recallable PacBell Park name for SBC.

pacbell1.jpg

pacbell2.jpg

Often boats just sit outside the arena during MLB games and wait for home runs to pop into their area, but aside from that, there's docks and piers just nearby.

Imagine, if they hired a big ass ship for post-WM activites sitting somewhere not too far away, had a party after the show with all the talent, and sold tickets at (likely outrageous) prices?

A wrestling boat > Everything

^What a Fugly Stadium.

Anyway, a lot of really strange choices. To think that Mania as any chance whatsoever of being held outside of the big three (US, Canada, UK) are kidding themselves.

Frigging Brazil?

I think that WWE would love to break the attendance record for a wrestling event (which is 175,000 or so I think), and that's about the only place they could do it short of building their own stadium.

^What a Fugly Stadium.

Frigging Brazil?

I think that WWE would love to break the attendance record for a wrestling event (which is 175,000 or so I think), and that's about the only place they could do it short of building their own stadium.

Is it really that big?...

What a gay post ;)

Guest Anglesault
^What a Fugly Stadium.

Frigging Brazil?

Is the fanbase that big in Brazil to support it?

Because honestly, I only see about 20 percent (And I'm being generous) of their American and Canadian fanbase making the trip to South America solely for Wrestlemania.

Imagine, if they hired a big ass ship for post-WM activites sitting somewhere not too far away, had a party after the show with all the talent, and sold tickets at (likely outrageous) prices?

HA! Someone doesn't remember the WrestleVessel...

^What a Fugly Stadium.

Frigging Brazil?

Is the fanbase that big in Brazil to support it?

Because honestly, I only see about 20 percent (And I'm being generous) of their American and Canadian fanbase making the trip to South America solely for Wrestlemania.

I should have amended that to say that if it were feasible, they'd love to do it.

Of course, this is a dream scenario thread...

HA! Someone doesn't remember the WrestleVessel...

Someone's only been watching since 99, and I never heard of such a thing. I don't think it's the same thing, though.

I wasn't talking about WM on a boat (though that would be kind of neat, I was talking about WM in a seaside stadium and a party event on a boat seperate. It wouldn't even have to go anywhere or anything. The reason is that the Bay Area is honestly quite cramped, but is a number of harbor towns with the ability to service most anything but those luxo-liners. Something that can hold enough numbers to still be an event yet still be exclusive would definitely work though.

Also, while I know there's no plane big enough for a stadium of people, I really want to see a wrestling match in the air some day. Not sure why, not sure what gimmick they'd use, just do.

Guest TheHulkster

tokyo_dome.jpg

The stadium that has probably held more wrestling events than any other stadium in the world......

THE TOKYO DOME!

Colonial Stadium in Australia pulled a 54,000 crowd. Just imagine what the demand would be like for a MEGA-SUPER-Card

As if WWE would ever do anything but House Shows in Japan.

But, ironically, Japan is where wrestling is taken more seriously than anywhere else in the world.

By the way, dean, the Azteca Stadium may just overtake Petco Park as my favourite venue so far.

Guest Jimbo

Meh, all those venues would be aeosme because of the crowd size, but nothing is really special besides that...

I think it would be pretty cool to have Wrestlemania in somebody's backyard.

Sure, the venue wouldn't be able to hold more than 20 people, and I doubt they'll be able to set off all the pyro's and invite Limp Bizkit to play in the middle of a neighborhood, but it would be awesome. It would be a dream for all those guys who started out foolin' around in their backyards and who still do today.

Michigan Stadium.

Wouldn't get much bigger than that.

We crammed in what `112,000 for the OSU game. That would be my dream to see a Wrestlemania here. Vince could get 130,000 but the drawback is its too damn cold in Michigan for an outdoor show in March/April/May/June

Guest Jimbo
How cold is our nation's capital in the first week of April?

Depends on the day...could be anywhere from the 40's to the 70's.

I'd agree on The Millenium Stadium, because it's awesome, but

a) The weather in March is so unpredictable. I realise it has a retractable roof, but still.

b) A Wrestlemania in the UK. Doubtful. Especially Wales. :P Nah, but seriously, most of Vince's fanbase wouldn't make the trip to Wales.

c) The transport in Britain sucks.

I could see the McMahon stadium being used for irony's sake.

The Edward Jones Dome looks like a mall from that aerial shot.

Meh, all those venues would be aeosme because of the crowd size, but nothing is really special besides that...

Sure, the venue wouldn't be able to hold more than 20 people, and I doubt they'll be able to set off all the pyro's and invite Limp Bizkit to play in the middle of a neighborhood, but it would be awesome. It would be a dream for all those guys who started out foolin' around in their backyards and who still do today.

Yes, but WWE hate backyard wrestlers. Otherwise, an awesome post.

So it's settled - WWE WrestleMania 22 in *My Backyard!

htbackyard%202.jpg

*Beau's actual backyard may differ from backyard shown.

Guest Choken One
The Edward Jones Dome looks like a mall from that aerial shot.

:headbang:

20 people? How small are you backyards?

I could put 500 people in my backyard...