Sign in to follow this  
justsoyouknow

Yet another reason to hate Nickelback.

Guest Choken One

this is something new?

AC/DC pulled this act off for 25 years.

this is something new?

Yes, "Thunderstruck" and "Hell's Bells" are the exact same song.

Definitely not... and let me make sure that I note that I love AC/DC... but you must admit that he has a point. A good portion of their discography was very, very similar, and it's often only the hits that stick out as different from the rest.

But comparing them to Nickelback is absurd. Nickelback is untalented as a whole and is playing the same song over and over because they're completely untalented songwriters and they can't come up with anything remotely varied from the rest of their catalogue, especially that they would release as a single. AC/DC however, varied much more in sound, despite some of their songs being painfully similar, and when they DID seem like they were playing the same thing over and over, it was quite clear that they were doing it just because they LOVED to do it and had such passion for the type of music they were producing; not because they were sticking to the commercial formula or because they were talentless in anyway.

Anyhow... uhh... yeah, that was a semi-rant... but... *cough* Yeah, Nickelback is really, really bad, and the epitome of the bland, craptastic pop music of today.

Nickelback is perfectly fine top 40 music.

People liking them doesn't affect you at all.

Go back to listening to your hatebreed album or....whatever the hell sort of silly metal band you young folk listen to today.

this is something new?

Definitely not... and let me make sure that I note that I love AC/DC... but you must admit that he has a point. A good portion of their discography was very, very similar, and it's often only the hits that stick out as different from the rest.

I'd say "TNT" and "Dirty Deeds" sound more alike than "Thunderstruck" and "Hells Bells."

Oh, and I love the quote by one of the AC/DC members that said (paraphrasing here) "We haven't been doing the same music for the last 10 years -- we've been doing the same music for the last 20 years..."

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I can't stand AC/DC anymore. They used to be kind of cool when I was drunk, but anymore, their sole purpose is time filler on classic rock radio. I suppose I enjoy them in the Dio sense, where they have to be played at exactly the right time, or else they lose all appeal.

I'd say "TNT" and "Dirty Deeds" sound more alike than "Thunderstruck" and "Hells Bells."

Oh, and I love the quote by one of the AC/DC members that said (paraphrasing here) "We haven't been doing the same music for the last 10 years -- we've been doing the same music for the last 20 years..."

That's one of my all-time favourite music quotes. I think it was Malcom who said that, or something very similar.

The Bon Scott-era, and the very first few Brian Johnson-era, albums had more variety than the recent stuff (and by recent I mean late 80s to the present.) Some of the earliest stuff might sound similar, but it's because they'd release 2 or 3 albums in a year or 18 months. My guess is that they wrote a lot of the songs simultaneously. But their stuff now, each album sounds exactly the same.

I wish they'd just have broken up when Bon died. Yes, that would have meant no Back In Black or FTATR(WSY) but that'd be preferable to them becoming the joke that they now seem to be.

How have AC/DC become a joke? I never see or hear about them doing anything embarrassing. I never even see them on TV. They put out a new album once in a while and go out and tour for it like a good older band should so old fans and newer fans can see them.

this is something new?

I was being sarcastic, considering that the intros alone are entirely different for both songs.

Guest Nanks

I love how because AC/DC are an older band from a "cooler" era to be seen to enjoy this means that

it was quite clear that they were doing it just because they LOVED to do it and had such passion for the type of music they were producing; not because they were sticking to the commercial formula or because they were talentless in anyway.
That is the biggest load of shit I think I've read in ages. Who are you to say that Nickelback don't love the music they do?? They did the EXACT same thing that AC/DC did in use the same song twice with different lyrics, but because it's "uncool" to enjoy music that is widely popular and played on the radio that makes what they did wrong.

You dickhead.

Whoopty shit, somebody knows the basics of using Windows Sound Recorder. It ain't there though.

Now if you really want bands guilty of soundalikedness, check out your average power metal band

That is the biggest load of shit I think I've read in ages. Who are you to say that Nickelback don't love the music they do?? They did the EXACT same thing that AC/DC did in use the same song twice with different lyrics, but because it's "uncool" to enjoy music that is widely popular and played on the radio that makes what they did wrong.

I dislike Nickleback because of the cripplingly banal nature of their songs and lyrics. Too bad because before they got signed and decided they were no longer from Medicine Hat, they could knock out a decent rocker.

That is the biggest load of shit I think I've read in ages. Who are you to say that Nickelback don't love the music they do??

Because it isn't possible. They found their way to sellout and have repeated it enough to make me want to vomit. Someone will either quit or kill themselves very soon in that band, mark my words.

Guest Choken One

at least CREED changes it up a little...

NB uses the EXACT SAME SONG.

Guest Fire and Knives

Yes, Nickelback sucks. Yes, Nickelback REALLY sucks. Yes, Nickelback fanboys defend it because "we like it, so it's good". Yes, that's stupid.

Yes, we've had this discussion before.

Yes, I've been drinking.

Yes.

K.

I love how because AC/DC are an older band from a "cooler" era to be seen to enjoy this means that
it was quite clear that they were doing it just because they LOVED to do it and had such passion for the type of music they were producing; not because they were sticking to the commercial formula or because they were talentless in anyway.

You dickhead.

I'm not comparing/contrasting the bands based on what era that they're from. I'm comparing/contrasting the bands based on their music, their actions in concert (just watching AC/DC live is proof of my "they LOVE what they're doing" statement,) and various interviews I've read from both of the bands. I don't think this is a matter of being cool or uncool. I don't listen to the radio or watch MTV, but I do know that I like quite a few bands that get airplay. Just not Nickelback. Because they are terrible. Good day.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

I fucking hate Nickelback, as well as all other generic rock "bands", i.e. Three Doors Down, Lit, Matchbox 20, etc.

There will be on Pearl Jam. One.

Fuckers.