TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

Guest OraleHolmes

Screw Ric Flair. Karl FUCKING Malone is the dirtiest player in the game. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'll admit it, and I'll revel in it, too!

I hope the Mailman delivers elbow after elbow after fucking elbow to the Timberbitches in Game 3, baby! HA!

Screw Ric Flair. Karl FUCKING Malone is the dirtiest player in the game. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'll admit it, and I'll revel in it, too!

I hope the Mailman delivers elbow after elbow after fucking elbow to the Timberbitches in Game 3, baby! HA!

That's if he makes it to Game 3. And if he keeps it up.....kiss his ass goodbye for the rest of the series.

Guest Salacious Crumb
Well, as Ripper said, Malone could be suspended for last night. It wouldn't surprise me, as guys have been suspended for less than that this season. Even if he does, I could *still* see the Lakers winning game 3, but it won't be a blowout.

Oh please, if Malone had been on any other team I'd agree with you but we all know he won't get shit because he's on the Lakers.

Guest OraleHolmes

Just seeing Malone have absolutely no remorse and to hear him reiterate that the elbow was undoubtedly INTENTIONAL has me in stiches, man.

Edit: No, Karl Malone won't get shit because he's umm....the GREATEST POWER FORWARD TO EVER PLAY THE GAME AND THE 2ND MOST PROLIFIC SCORER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA. Not to mention, he's a veteran's veteran who will get respect from the league unlike a former crack addict in Anthony Peeler.

Just seeing Malone have absolutely no remorse and to hear him reiterate that the elbow was undoubtedly INTENTIONAL has me in stiches, man.

Edit: No, Karl Malone won't get shit because he's umm....the GREATEST POWER FORWARD TO EVER PLAY THE GAME AND THE 2ND MOST PROLIFIC SCORER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA. Not to mention, he's a veteran's veteran who will get respect from the league unlike a former crack addict in Anthony Peeler.

Yes the greatest power forward ever....that proved he's got nothing on KG or the T-Wolves when the playing field is leveled!

If he keeps this shit up I hope the league tosses his punk ass.

The official announcement is a $7,500 fine for Malone.

And as far as tonight's game goes, I just want to say that I NEVER want to hear ANYONE bitch about the Pistons not drafting Carmelo again. EVER.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Too bad he's not even the best PF in this series.....

or the last series for that matter.

Guest OraleHolmes

The league won't toss his ass until he murders somebody on the court. Karl Malone has been a staple member and cornerstone of the NBA since 1984. By tarnishing Malone's reputation, the NBA will indirectly tarnish its own.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I like how Artest gets suspended for taking a few steps off the bench and doing nothing but Malone gets a nothing fine for what was an obvious dirty play.

Guest OraleHolmes

Malone is 40 f'n years old. Even Jordan wasn't THAT good at age 40. The bottom line is that star players get star treatment, and this is no different. Even when a superstar does mess up (i.e. Michael Jordan suspended for gambling in 1993) the NBA uses a cover up job in the form of a year-and-a-half "break to play baseball." It's all about the league's reputation. Nobodies like Darrick Martin will have to take a back seat...

Guest Vitamin X

By the way folks, Kobe will be able to make it back to LA in time for Game 4, so expect a huge performance since every time he's played a game after court he breaks out huge performances.

Maybe it pisses him off enough to make him realize that he shouldn't take what he has now for granted and play harder. Either way, Game 4 is all Kobe. :) Now if the rest of the team can show up...

By the way folks, Kobe will be able to make it back to LA in time for Game 4, so expect a huge performance since every time he's played a game after court he breaks out huge performances.

Maybe it pisses him off enough to make him realize that he shouldn't take what he has now for granted and play harder. Either way, Game 4 is all Kobe. :) Now if the rest of the team can show up...

I think it's more that he comes back from Court all pissed off and feeling confined and stuffed up wearing the suit and listening to old guys tell him what to do that he's just ready to bust lose and kill something.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Detroit/Indiana may have been the only game to not reach 80 points that hit a 10 on the Fun meter. Just a really really exciting game with every weak shot being thrown into the rafters. Great hard nosed stuff.

Guest TheArchiteck
Well, Indy/Det, that was kind of an ugly game for the first half, but man Detroit's defense came ALIVE in the 2nd half (particularly in the 4th). Stops, blocked shots, blocked shots, and a few more blocked shots. NINETEEN BLOCKED SHOTS by Detroit. Tayshaun with an INCREDIBLE hustle play to SAVE THE GAME, I mean look at how far ahead Reggie was, Tayshaun BOUNDED across the court and dived ten rows into the crowd!

I'd been waiting all series for that Defense and finally it showed up! Bring it back to the Palace!!!

:headbang: :headbang:

That was freakin amazing. Tay should be fired up the rest of the series.

The whole 2nd half was an explosion of great defense.

Absolutely NO ONE was getting to the hole easy. No telling how many blocks they would have had if Ben played the 1st half. Man, I yelling hard as hell after those blocks but that last one killed my vocal chords.

Thank god for Sheed that the Pistons pulled this out. The team was trying to get him in it early but he kept shooting up bricks. I love when he taunts the crowd, they absolutely dispise him everywhere. He's definately a heel. :D

"I told yall muthafucka!"

Wooooooo game 3 at the palace....I MUST get tickets!

Guest MikeSC
Malone is 40 f'n years old. Even Jordan wasn't THAT good at age 40. The bottom line is that star players get star treatment, and this is no different. Even when a superstar does mess up (i.e. Michael Jordan suspended for gambling in 1993) the NBA uses a cover up job in the form of a year-and-a-half "break to play baseball." It's all about the league's reputation. Nobodies like Darrick Martin will have to take a back seat...

Wow, such deep insight.

-=Mike

Guest OraleHolmes

Of course it's deep insight. Betcha didn't know about the Jordan situation until I told ya, buster!

Guest OraleHolmes

C'mon. Anyone "in the know" knows (excuse me, except you uninformed smackeroos)

Guest NCJ

Normally I never bash people on the internet, because net warriors are the most pathetic people in the world, but this must be said. OraleHolmes is the biggest dumb ass that I have ever seen. Jordan left basketball because his father was killed you idiot. Of course you were probably not born yet so you don't remember that fact. Karl Malone is one of the greatest power forwards ever, but in their primes Duncan, Garnet, and Barkley are all better than Karl at his best. The Lakers are a great team, but they can be beaten. And if a league is going to have rules and enforce them they must enforce them unconditionally. For Karl Malone not to be suspended for that elbow is one of the most blatantly idiotic things I have ever seen. Doing things like that is why some people will always feel that everything the league does, from the draft lottery to the officiating in the playoffs is fixed.

Guest OraleHolmes

How dare you imply the NBA is fixed? Just because the Lakers are an indomitable machine on the prowl that is able to surmount the insurmountable with aplomb, doesn't mean you have to invoke trifling excuses.

Lakers rule! DUH

Karl Malone is the greatest power forward in the history of the NBA! DUH

Jordan left because he was really suspended! DUH

The Draft Lottery has never been rigged for that would sully a game many look up to! DUH

The officiating has always been impartial! DUH

You're an idiot, and I've been bestowed with the divine gold radiance of the Lakers franchise, thereby increasing my mental acumen! DUH

The league won't toss his ass until he murders somebody on the court. Karl Malone has been a staple member and cornerstone of the NBA since 1984. By tarnishing Malone's reputation, the NBA will indirectly tarnish its own.

Tarnish what rep? That he's a dirty piece of shit even without Stockton? People have called Malone "dirty"(and the Jazz, for that fact) for YEARS. Him being suspended wouldn't mean DICK to his "rep".

Guest OraleHolmes

In what may exemplify patheticism, I've been informed that many of you have complained because of my EXTREME LAKER FANDOM.

Now, for anyone who has read my posts, I have one question to ask each and every one of you:

Couldn't you see my posts about the Lakers dripping with sarcasm and facetiousness? Relax, people. If the posts seem too "stupid" to be true, then it probably isn't. Okay?

I'm really a closeted Timberwolves fan if you hadn't noticed.

Yeah, I'll admit it.

Damn straight, I'll admit it with glee. :headbang:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Kobe has a subpar game 4. That would be the next game following another court date. Kobe has been brilliant after all those games where he flies in from court an hour or so before the game. The law of averages says that eventually that is going to wear off. I just get the vibe he won't have an explosive game. I didn't say the Lakers would lose game 4, just that Kobe won't have one of his superman games that day.

Guest Crazy Dan

Sure Karl Malone is a future Hall of Famer. But man, what does not make him the greatest Power Forward of all time is one simple thing. When the game is on the line, Karl Malone can not be counted on to make the big shot, or hold onto the rebound (like he did in the deciding game against the Bulls in 98). In fact Malone has choked on numerous occasions. So great career, yes. Greatest ever, no. Too many gag jobs. In fact the clutch one when he was playing on the Jazz was Stockton. Now there is a player I would want taking the last shot. Fortunately for Malone, he has Kobe, so he doesn't have to worry about that.

As for tonight's game, no suprise with the Pistons victory. I figure this series to go back and forth. This will go to at least 6 games. But man, after seeing the some of these stats, this could be an ugly offensive series. Fortunately I like it when series go longer than 4 or 5 games. And Rasheed comes through on his prediction, good thing his teammates were there to back him up, because I do think that foot injury is hurting his effectiveness. Look for another close game for Game 3, with maybe the Pacers making some adjustments to steal this one from the Pistons. Just call it a hunch, I haven't watched this series enough to get a real good feel for this.

And for Game 3 between the T-Wolves and Lakers, hmmm. It really depends on which Lakers team shows up. Is it the Game 1 team, or was it the lethargic one that played like a bunch of hearless slugs, sans Kobe, in Game 2. And sure they showed life in the fourth, but by then, the game was out of reach. Also, remember that the T-Wolves didn't play all that great either in that game, and they still beat the Lakers by a sizeable margin. So it will be interesting to see who wins Game 3. The Lakers missed a great opportunity to put the Wolves in a 2-0 hole, but man, they tried pushing the button and suffered a malfunction or something. Still, I think the Lakers take Game 3, but it won't be a blow out (I hope). This is a flawed Lakers team, and if they play lethargically at any given moment, they are very beatable. I still think they will win this series, but this is not a guaranteed thing. They better bring their A-Game. And yes, I am hoping that the Wolves do win this series, but that probably will not happen.

Do you have a source?

Jordan is/was a big gambler. I'd heard that "reason" too, but I doubt anyone will ever come out & confirm it as 100% true. It's very conspiracy-laden, but it woudn't shock me if it was in fact true.

Do you have a source?

Jordan is/was a big gambler. I'd heard that "reason" too, but I doubt anyone will ever come out & confirm it as 100% true. It's very conspiracy-laden, but it woudn't shock me if it was in fact true.

So did he also kill his father for this plan to go through.

He retired a VERY short time after his father died. VERY VERY short time. Thats the reason he left. I am not even a jordan fan and I don't buy into that crap.

I've figured it out. OraleHolmes is actually a top secret robot created by LA to convert or destroy any "non-believers" out there.

Only instead of giving it a cloned brain of Phil Jackson like originally intended it's been given the brain of an 8 year old child that's never watched basketball in it's life.

It all makes sense now!

Hold on...

I'm not really interested in aligning myself with a dude that pays for bj's, but that Jordan thing is pretty common knowledge. Also, where were the fairness whiners for KG's equal shot on Peeler? Both players used the same force in their respective altercations and were fined the same amount. Where's the problem?

GREAT to see Tay stuff Reggie. That game had two of the worst calls I've ever seen, the Prince "blocking" foul and the phantom double dribble. But I'm glad Detroit fought.