TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

Guest Vitamin X
In what may exemplify patheticism, I've been informed that many of you have complained because of my EXTREME LAKER FANDOM.

Now, for anyone who has read my posts, I have one question to ask each and every one of you:

Couldn't you see my posts about the Lakers dripping with sarcasm and facetiousness? Relax, people. If the posts seem too "stupid" to be true, then it probably isn't. Okay?

I'm really a closeted Timberwolves fan if you hadn't noticed.

Yeah, I'll admit it.

Damn straight, I'll admit it with glee. :headbang:

SWERVE~!

Has anyone else noticed anytime someone insults Orale's intelligence, he seems to bust out a thesaurus or dictionary and going nuts with complicated words for fun?

Do you have a source?

Jordan is/was a big gambler. I'd heard that "reason" too, but I doubt anyone will ever come out & confirm it as 100% true. It's very conspiracy-laden, but it woudn't shock me if it was in fact true.

So did he also kill his father for this plan to go through.

He retired a VERY short time after his father died. VERY VERY short time. Thats the reason he left. I am not even a jordan fan and I don't buy into that crap.

The other part of the rumor is that his father was killed because Jordan owed a bunch of money (or something related to Jordan's gambling).

*That* part I don't buy. I'm skeptical on the retiring rumor, but, as I said, it wouldn't shock me.

In what may exemplify patheticism, I've been informed that many of you have complained because of my EXTREME LAKER FANDOM.

Now, for anyone who has read my posts, I have one question to ask each and every one of you:

Couldn't you see my posts about the Lakers dripping with sarcasm and facetiousness? Relax, people. If the posts seem too "stupid" to be true, then it probably isn't. Okay?

I'm really a closeted Timberwolves fan if you hadn't noticed.

Yeah, I'll admit it.

Damn straight, I'll admit it with glee.  :headbang:

SWERVE~!

Has anyone else noticed anytime someone insults Orale's intelligence, he seems to bust out a thesaurus or dictionary and going nuts with complicated words for fun?

Who else did we know like that? OMG~!~! IT'S RAWMVP!

Peeler was suspended for 2 games and Karl got fine. thats why people are like "Hold the fuck up"

He hit him with a fore arm, above the shoulders while not making a play on the ball..Why this isn't a suspension is beyound me.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Also consider Artest got a suspension for taking a few steps off the bench and not doing anything.

This just furthers my opinion that it's all been a big conspiracy for the Lakers to win the title. You have the Lakers/Wolves series from last year, the Fisher shot, Malone not getting suspended for an offense that has precident in these very playoffs and the Wolves being thrown right into the next series despite the lupicrious amount of time between games 6 and 7 for round 2.

Peeler was suspended for 2 games and Karl got fine. thats why people are like "Hold the fuck up"

He hit him with a fore arm, above the shoulders while not making a play on the ball..Why this isn't a suspension is beyound me.

What about KG in the Peeler situation?

Yeah, the NBA was suppose to be cracking down on contact to the head and face. That is why Peeler got the suspension. Same thing Malone should be having right now.

I thought Malone got him at the top of the chest/bottom of the throat... I know it wasn't in the face.

Should Sprewell be suspended for his shot to Derek Fisher's face on that illegal screen?

I thought Malone got him at the top of the chest/bottom of the throat... I know it wasn't in the face.

Should Sprewell be suspended for his shot to Derek Fisher's face on that illegal screen?

1: Setting a screen that is illegal.

2: Hitting a guy in the head because you are frustrated and ADMITTING it after the game.

They are two different things.

By David Aldridge at ESPN (a devout laker lover if there ever has been one)

By David Aldridge

Special to ESPN.com

This is ridiculous.

Not suspending Karl Malone for Game 3 for his elbow to Darrick Martin's noggin gives aid and comfort to every Looney Tunes wing-nut conspiracy theorist who thinks it's preordained that the Forum Blue and Gold will be the West's representative in the Finals. No fewer than two coaches and three personnel guys at the Detroit-Indiana series had the same reaction within seconds of hearing that the league was only fining Malone $7,500: You know who they want in the Finals.

How can I counter that argument?

Believe me, I want to.

I know how hard the refs work, and when they do make mistakes, it's because they're human beings, not because they have a Nassau on the road team. I know the commish always points out that fixing games is a felony that would subject a lawyer such as himself to disbarment. But how on earth can Malone skate when the Kings' Anthony Peeler did the exact same thing to Kevin Garnett eight days ago, and (rightly) was deactivated for two games -- including the decisive Game 7 of the Minnesota-Sacramento series? I don't think Malone should have gotten two games, but he had to get one.

Look, I love Karl Malone. He's one of the great players of all time and he's on the short list of the most decent people to have graced a court. He has almost always been generous with his time to most reporters. (He wouldn't talk before games sometimes, but if you waited him out after a game, you got really good stuff.)

But what he did Sunday was vicious and unnecessary, with the game having long since been decided. It certainly looked like Malone was trying to either send a message for Game 3 or finish what had become a chippy fourth quarter for both teams. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall Martin instigating anything, and even if he did, he's a 6-foot, 190-pound guard.

I would not feel so strongly about this if the league A) hadn't been so adamant over the years about condemning any contact above the shoulder, whether it came from a punch or an elbow. The league's various chieftans of discipline have all said the same thing: windup, contact and follow-through are a flagrant foul, subject to suspension. And even if there's some question about whether to suspend a guy, this brings me to B).

The league always says that patterns of behavior are taken into account when disciplining players; i.e., if you do something once, you get disciplined X. You do something twice, you get disciplined X-plus. And so on. This escalating scale certainly seemed to be in place (correctly) with Dennis Rodman and Dikembe Mutombo. How many times over the years have we seen The Mailman hit somebody in the head? Isiah Thomas, Steve Nash, Brian Grant and David Robinson come to mind. Every time, Malone is utterly unrepentant, and that's his right. But the league shouldn't condone that kind of behavior.

I'm sure if I called Stu Jackson, he'd give me a rational, detailed reason why Malone gets to be introduced by my man Lawrence Tanter at Staples on Tuesday in the starting lineup. But this time, I don't buy it.

In this case, I'll believe my lying eyes.

If this was Sacramento playing LA in this situation, it would be better, because the Kings only go seven deep. That means they have four guys (not including Jackson) they can send out in a Brandon Hunter-type situation. Minnesota can't afford to do that.

Yeah because you know elbowing somebody in the throat isn't as bad as elbowing them in the face. :rolleyes: Malone deserved to be suspended. Just because he's got a name he gets to stay. I mean you should've known that was going to happen anyways. I mean if the ref's felt like going after him the man would foul out in the first 3 minutes of the game.....every game. But for some reason he's ignored because he's a vet. Fucking stupid.

I've been anti-Laker ever since Kobe elbowed Bibby in game 6 of the conference finals two years ago and Bibby got charged for the foul because he didn't move his face out of the way in time.

You could argue that Kobe's elbow two years ago was worse than what Malone did on Sunday, so you all should have known nothing was going to happen.

Either way, this sets a double standard, and even if you're indifferent to the NBA and kind of casually follow the playoffs, you have to be thinking to yourself "How the hell can that happen" right now.

The official announcement is a $7,500 fine for Malone.

...Meanwhile, Ron Artest gets $10,000 for flashing two middle fingers, below his waist, that is unnoticeable to anyone in the arena, and probably not cared about even after.

Guest TheArchiteck

Yeah exactly.

What kind of bull is that? Malone illegally made physical contact to someone and gets fined less that Artest who just give a finger?

Guest Redhawk

Because the NBA is looking for any reason to fine Ron Artest, and Karl Malone is a future Hall of Famer. Basic example of favoritism.

And I STILL wanna know why Tim Duncan didn't get suspended for leaving the bench in Game 1 against L.A.

So this game Payton and Malone decide to be the main offense for the Lakers? Payton+Malone=20 points, Kobe+Shaq=4 points. I keep thinking one of these days they're going to spread it around.

Good game.

I think the teams were drained due to the damn DEAD crowd, i've seen that place get louder for CLIPPERS GAMES!

T'Wolves came back strong thanks to my boy Wally, but Martin could'nt get that last three to cut it to 4.

And why in the hell were the fans chanting MVP at Bryant?? Come on now...

Guest OraleHolmes

The crowd was dead because they don't see the T'Wolves as the threat, and of course, the Lakers don't respect the Wolves, either.

It's a foregone conclusion that the Lakers will win the series; hence, no suspense or energy.

The crowd was dead because they don't see the T'Wolves as the threat, and of course, the Lakers don't respect the Wolves, either.

It's a foregone conclusion that the Lakers will win the series; hence, no suspense or energy.

Yeah right. The Lakers fans are dead because they're asshole movie stars that don't know a thing about basketball. Or they're bandwagoners(like Orale) that don't know anything about basketball and just know the name.

Maybe if they filled some real fans into that place on a more regular basis!

Yeah don't see the T-Wolves as a threat.....that's why they got there BUTT's handed to them the other night and nearly let the T-Wolves come back tonight. They'd better see Minnesota as a threat or there asses can sit in there recliners in LA and watch the Finals on TV.

Guest OraleHolmes

It just makes me sick to see the Laker fans treat the T'Wolves with such blatant disrespect. Nothing was more sickening than seeing the fans chant "MVP" when Kobe was at the free throw line. Unfortunately, my boy, Darrick Martin, couldn't make that last three to cut it to 4, but all is good in Minnesota land.

The Lakers will probably be really overconfident and complacent this Thursday, so I expect the Timberwolves to come out with more energy, and hopefully get the split.

Minnesota in 7, baby!

It just makes me sick to see the Laker fans treat the T'Wolves with such blatant disrespect. Nothing was more sickening than seeing the fans chant "MVP" when Kobe was at the free throw line. Unfortunately, my boy, Darrick Martin, couldn't make that last three to cut it to 4, but all is good in Minnesota land.

The Lakers will probably be really overconfident and complacent this Thursday, so I expect the Timberwolves to come out with more energy, and hopefully get the split.

Minnesota in 7, baby!

Ok this guy is obviously trolling. Can we can him yet?

Guest OraleHolmes

What!?

I told you guys I was a Timberwolves fan.

I was being sarcastic about the Lakers. I can never be a fan of a team that sleepwalks during games.

Yeah whatever. Go back to your hole.

You know what's funny? People have been waiting for The Lakers to gel together all season. People have been waiting to see what the hall of famers can do when they play as a collective unit. Funny they waited till Game 3 of the SA series to do it.

But tonight they really did it and that's why they won. They played some team ball. They'd better stick to this if they know what's good for them.

I'm sorry, but that was a bad game. The first half was ok, but the second half became a free throw shooting exhibition. Even Phil Jackson said that in the post game comments. I'll take game 2 of the Indiana/Detroit series than that shit. Add to that the fact that Cassell is a fucking cripple out there and he's a key guy and you can figure out that the Lakers are going to the Finals.

However, they are NOT a shoo-in for the championship. I think Detroit and Indiana matchup well against them and will push them to a 6 or 7 game series, hell, Indy or Detroit might even beat the Lakers. You just never know.

Cripple Sam Cassel is killing the Lakers. He just can't play late. That is where Laker chance lays. Sprewell, although he had 18, had his off game, so expect a big one next game. But they need a extra day for Cassell. Get him HALF WAY healthy, and I think the Wolves take the Lakers.

Cassell shouldn't have played last night.

It was clear by Malone not being suspended who was being favored to win. He should have taken the rest.

I'm sure there are Lakers fans who respect basketball and think the team is really good when it comes together, but whoever started that 'MVP' chant for Kobe should be shot, seriously.

I don't think the NBA would want a person like Kobe Bryant to be this years league MVP, not until he cleans up a little with that court mess.