TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

Can't really add too much more on the Nets-Pistons, great game, woke up roommate on Billups's shot and the Nets are closer to cementing their place as the Buffalo Bills of the NBA.

Just like last night's game, it is a shame one team had to lose.

If that would have gone 4 OT's Darko may have got some PT after all of those foul outs!

Guest Choken One
Non-Mavericks?

Hey, Teal Dude, I don't see the Utah Jazz bagging all the nationally televised ABC games...

But, the Mavericks? :huh:

They do something most teams can't do that the fans like.

SCORE. A WHOLE FUCKING LOT.

Guest Crazy Dan

Man I think I know what really ticks me off the most about the Kings. They shoot way too many jump shots. Chris Webber is so guilty of this, and I know that he is worried about hurting himself, but come on Chris, drive it to the hole. Not too many big men can stop you from going to the basket, but you instead decide to take that 20 foot jumper, which is sweet when it goes in. But unfortunately he misses way too many. Actually I think many of the Kings do this, and this year they are not hitting their shots as they did in past years. I wish Aldelman would design some more plays which get them cutting to the basket. This is usually the best way to get your offense out of a slump. The Kings used to do this all the time. Now I see a lot more standing around. Unfortunately this might be their downfall, but not Game 6. The Kings I think will win this one on the will of their fans. But without having Game 7 at home might prove to be the back breaker.

Props to my boy Madsen, who was a rebounding machine. I went to school with him, and there is a reason we called him "Mad Dog", because he goes balls out on the court, yet is the nicest guy off it. Go figure. Also, Latrell was on fire tonight, and a big reason the T-Wolves have a 3-2 lead. I don't know, the T-Wolves look more hungry for some reason this year. The Kings had this hunger the last few years, but the T-Wolves look like they really want this. Hopefully the Kings can regain that passion, but I just have a feeling that this is not their year. Damn your bum knee Webber, that is what cost them last year and might have been the King's best opportunity to actually win it all. Oh well, this series is far from over, so I will keep pulling for the Kings, but this feels like the T-Wolves will be moving on.

And what a pretty crazy 3-OT game between the Nets and Pistons. The final score reminded me of what regular regulation games in the NBA used to be. Crazy last second shot to send it into OT. Unfortunately the Pistons didn't win. That is the worse when your team ties it on a last second shot, only to lose regardless in OT. Man the Nets know how to win the Eastern playoff games. They are looking like they might make it to their third straight East Confrence Final. I unfortunately did not get to watch this game, but this might take over as the best playoff game so far. The Nets are in prime position to make it to the next round with Game 6 in their home court. Gut check time for the Pistons. But I have feeling the Nets will move on. Losing games like this definately can just punch you in the stomach, knocking you out for the count.

Guest OraleHolmes

Umm...no

The best playoff game so far is the the game 5 matchup between the Lakers and Spurs. Greatest finishing sequence ever.

The Nets/Pistons 30T was Ok, but nothing to write home about. It's not like either one of these teams is a serious contender for the championship.

Lakers in SIX!

Guest Crazy Dan

I was actually just suggesting it as consideration. My favorite game was Game 3 between the Kings and T-Wolves. Where the Kings made a great comeback, only to fall short..

Guest OraleHolmes

The Lakers/Spurs game was like a technical wrestling match that was able to methodically incite, provoke, and galvanize with impeccable precision. Eventually, the splendor of the Lakers' offense and paramount nature of San Antonio's defense culminated with three succeeding clutch shots, two of which were inconceivable and implausible according to most basketball pundits, piquing the emotion of the viewer or depredating the divine elation most San Antonio Spurs fans were harboring, for instance. The last two minutes of the game were akin to the most spine-tingling, awe-inspiring highspots you see on WWE television. If I were to compare the game to a wrestling match, it would be the HHH vs. Cactus streefight at Royal Rumble 2000. The match was filled with excitement, usually with the assistance of suspense, along with the shifts in momentum for each wrestler. In the end, the match ended with one of the most memorable moments in wrestling history, Cactus Jack being pedigreed into a callous, unfeeling, and unnerving heap of stainless steel thumbtacks. And just like that match, game 5 of the Lakers/Spurs deserves *****.

First off, we come to this thread to talk about BASKETBALL GAMES...not the fucking Neilsens for the Finals. This isn't the WWE.

Start a new fucking thread for that shit if you're so obsessed with it.

As far as Spurs-Lakers go, I think whoever wins tonight's game will win the series.

Non-Mavericks?

Hey, Teal Dude, I don't see the Utah Jazz bagging all the nationally televised ABC games...

as a Jazz fan, I was pissed. The only national game they were in was against Golden State on MLK Day. One freaking game.

Non-Mavericks?

But, the Mavericks? :huh:

The Mavericks are a fan-friendly team. I mean, they won me over. They score a lot whether they win or lose, the games are often close, and watching Cuban and Nelson is always amusing. Nowitzki and Nash are cool. Nuff said.

as a Jazz fan, I was pissed. The only national game they were in was against Golden State on MLK Day. One freaking game.

Commemorating the life and legacy of Dr. King with the whitest team in basketball?

First off, we come to this thread to talk about BASKETBALL GAMES...not the fucking Neilsens for the Finals.

If the NBA doesn't give a shit about gameplay, why should we? We've seen the Blazers and Kings get extreme ref bias to make sure a big-market team made the Finals. Don't even try to make a case for ratings not counting.

the Pistons-Nets game was so much better because it had so much more drama involved, you had the Pistons battling back from being down by 10, blowing a 4 point lead by not making anything down the stretch, Pistons are down by three with 2.1 seconds left and no timeouts, and you have to figure the game is over, but then Billups hits a prayer from half court to send it into overtime. Then you have three overtimes of stars fouling out left and right, both teams battling with guys coming off the bench and then the biggest shot of the season is hit by some little used role player from USC. An amazing game which would have only been better had the Pistons won.

Pistons in 7 by the way

Ratings may count to the NBA.

But they probably don't matter to the majority of the people in this thread...which was the whole point of me saying that. We're talking about the teams and their play.

And if you seriously think an NBA Finals that includes Kevin Garnett will be "pretty unwatched", you're delusional. It would be a great story, going from never winning a series to the NBA Finals in one year.

Guest Vitamin X

I sure haven't seen it.

I think NBA games are pretty well-reffed actually as a whole, ESPECIALLY compared to "whoops you should have got the win there, sorry about not making the playoffs on account of my failure" referees of the NFL.

Make or break time for the Spurs tonight. One thing I agree with is Barkley's assertion that the Spurs need to still be in the game with a lead or only a small margin behind because the Spurs haven't played coming back from behind against the Lakers. I think this game will be more mental than physical from both teams standpoint. The Spurs need to forget about game 5 and concentrate on winning a game on the road. The Lakers need to humble themselves into not thinking they are hot shit and come out aggressive against SA because if they let up just a little, they'll find themselves back at SBC on Wednesday for game 7.

While the Heat are getting some love for the job they've done against the Pacers, hopefully Indiana gets their heads out of their asses and jump on these guys. I really don't want to see Miami in a 7 game series vs. the winner of Nets/Pistons.

Kings last stand is tommorrow at Arco. I feel they should pull it out and force game 7, but with this helter skelter group, who knows. Each game has had a superstar put their stamp on a game.

Game 1-Mike Bibby

Game 2- Sam Cassell

Game 3-Kevin Garnett

Game 4- Chris Webber

Game 5- Latrell Sprewell

Who will step up for their team to make Game 6 theirs is the question?

Guest OctoberBlood
I heard that song again on the Lakers game...what the hell is that called? AHHHHHHH

I'm watching my Reds game. What song?

I heard that song again on the Lakers game...what the hell is that called? AHHHHHHH

I'm watching my Reds game. What song?

Well that's the thing I don't know the name offhand. It's mostly trumpets, and goes, dot-dot-dot, dah-dah-dot, dot-dot dah-doo-dot, daah-doo-dot, dah-dah dahhh dahhh dahh dahhhhhhhh....something like that, only, you know, with pitches assigned to the notes. F-E-F, F-E-F, C-B-C-C# maybe?