TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

Game 1 tonight. However since the first 2 games are at home I still don't trust it if Minnesota gets off to a 2-0 lead.....because so did the Spurs and we saw how that turned out.......but still......go T-Wolves.

Lakers in 5.

And Kobe does not get the respect he deserves in this thread. Sprewell? Ha!

*looks at Sprewells numbers against Kobe*

I mean if the guy is putting up 25 per game on him, he's just putting up 25 a game on him.

Kobe is not a good one on one defender. He is like Jordan in that you better know where that fucker is on the court because he will make you pay on team D, but one on one, he get murdered.

16.4 last year, 25 per game this year.

Sprewell plays well against Kobe, bottomline.

Kobe does plays well against him also, but lets not act like Kobe can shut him down.

Come to think of it, who the hell has kobe ever shut down?

Reggie Miller? AI? Richard Jefferson?

Those are the guys he guarded during their championship run, but I don't think he shut down AI(I'd have to pull up the numbers to see).

Reggie scorched him, they had to switch him from AI because Allen KILLED him in game one(giving Tyronne Lue his chance) and I guess I can give you RJ...except Richard Jefferson was averaging 11 points a game that year...his rookie year.

Hudson killed him last year, we all remember the Kobe on Bibby embarassments, Hell, their first championship, Penny Fucking Haradaway was putting up 24 a game on him. And Penny was playing on one leg.

Before Spicy comes in and says that I don't give Kobe his props, he is one of the best off the ball defenders in the game. But like guys like Doug Christie if you go right at him, he cant stop you.

Guest NCJ

Kobe's all defensive first team selection is still one of the biggest pieces of crap I have ever seen. Jalen Rose was who Kobe guarded for most of the first title run finals and he absolutely ate him up. Kobe is a good team defender because he is long, quick, and has good instincts. But one on one he geats destroyed by the best players. I will admit that he is the best two guard in the game today. Nobody except T-Mac can even be put into the picture, but he is not 1st team all defense. Carter, Allen, Iverson, McGrady, Francis, and Marbury all put up huge numbers on Bryant. Even Jason Williams, Mike Bibby, Troy Hudson, Tony Parker, and Sprewell put up good numbers against him. He is not a one on one stopper at all.

Now onto this series. Garnet and Troy Hudson almost beat the Lakers by themselves last year even with the refs making some of the stupidest calls that you will ever see. The Wolves are far from being a spped bump, and the Lakers, even if they win the title, are the most overrated team in NBA history. Honestly at this point only Shaq and Kobe are top five players at their position. And this is coming form a man who has always loved Gary Payton's game. Nash, Kidd, Parker, Marbury, Cassell, Francis, and Davis are all better than Payton right now. KG, Jermaine O'neal, Duncan, Brand, Martin, Wallace, Webber(healthy), and Kirilenko are all better than Malone. Honestly they still have two superstars, two very good players, and a terrible supporting cast. Only Fisher is worth anything in that team. No one else would crack Minnesota's top 9. If the Wolves win tonight it is going to be a long series for L.A. Remember that I said it. For the Lakers to win, this will go 7 games.

Guest Vitamin X
Kobe's all defensive first team selection is still one of the biggest pieces of crap I have ever seen. Jalen Rose was who Kobe guarded for most of the first title run finals and he absolutely ate him up. Kobe is a good team defender because he is long, quick, and has good instincts. But one on one he geats destroyed by the best players. I will admit that he is the best two guard in the game today. Nobody except T-Mac can even be put into the picture, but he is not 1st team all defense. Carter, Allen, Iverson, McGrady, Francis, and Marbury all put up huge numbers on Bryant. Even Jason Williams, Mike Bibby, Troy Hudson, Tony Parker, and Sprewell put up good numbers against him. He is not a one on one stopper at all.

Now onto this series. Garnet and Troy Hudson almost beat the Lakers by themselves last year even with the refs making some of the stupidest calls that you will ever see. The Wolves are far from being a spped bump, and the Lakers, even if they win the title, are the most overrated team in NBA history. Honestly at this point only Shaq and Kobe are top five players at their position. And this is coming form a man who has always loved Gary Payton's game. Nash, Kidd, Parker, Marbury, Cassell, Francis, and Davis are all better than Payton right now. KG, Jermaine O'neal, Duncan, Brand, Martin, Wallace, Webber(healthy), and Kirilenko are all better than Malone. Honestly they still have two superstars, two very good players, and a terrible supporting cast. Only Fisher is worth anything in that team. No one else would crack Minnesota's top 9. If the Wolves win tonight it is going to be a long series for L.A. Remember that I said it. For the Lakers to win, this will go 7 games.

:lol:

Kobe's all defensive first team selection is still one of the biggest pieces of crap I have ever seen.  Jalen Rose was who Kobe guarded for most of the first title run finals and he absolutely ate him up.  Kobe is a good team defender because he is long, quick, and has good instincts.  But one on one he geats destroyed by the best players.  I will admit that he is the best two guard in the game today.  Nobody except T-Mac can even be put into the picture, but he is not 1st team all defense.  Carter, Allen, Iverson, McGrady, Francis, and Marbury all put up huge numbers on Bryant.  Even Jason Williams, Mike Bibby, Troy Hudson, Tony Parker, and Sprewell put up good numbers against him.  He is not a one on one stopper at all. 

Now onto this series.  Garnet and Troy Hudson almost beat the Lakers by themselves last year even with the refs making some of the stupidest calls that you will ever see.  The Wolves are far from being a spped bump, and the Lakers, even if they win the title, are the most overrated team in NBA history.  Honestly at this point only Shaq and Kobe are top five players at their position.  And this is coming form a man who has always loved Gary Payton's game.  Nash, Kidd, Parker, Marbury, Cassell, Francis, and Davis are all better than Payton right now.  KG, Jermaine O'neal, Duncan, Brand, Martin, Wallace, Webber(healthy), and Kirilenko are all better than Malone.  Honestly they still have two superstars, two very good players, and a terrible supporting cast.  Only Fisher is worth anything in that team.  No one else would crack Minnesota's top 9.  If the Wolves win tonight it is going to be a long series for L.A.  Remember that I said it.  For the Lakers to win, this will go 7 games.

:lol:

What part of that ISN'T true...although I could make a argument for that best 2 guard thing...

Guest Vitamin X

For one thing, you can't base last year on this year. The Lakers starting 5 is totally different from last year's, so Garnett and Troy Hudson almost beating the Lakers by themselves last year is a moot point now since Malone and Payton are on the team.

The Lakers? Overrated? They smacked around the Rockets in Round 1, came back after being lazy in Round 2 against the defending champions, who played almost every bit as good as last year.

The one thing LA has to fear is Garnett. But this series going 7 games? Please. I can see Indiana beating the Lakers, but not the T-Wolves unless they play some heavily inspired basketball.

And there's rumor now that Kobe might miss Game 4 due to the trial proceedings. That would definitely be bad, especially if the Lakers are trailing in the series by then.

Hey VitaminX.....give someone beside the Lakers credit. And I'm not talking about "Oh they're a good team........" followed up with "but The Lakers will eat there lunch!"

Once again. The Lakers are not the best team ever and they're not god's team. Quit treating them like it. Give someone else some credit.

Guest Vitamin X

All of a sudden I get attacked for my Laker love when there's other fans way worse.

[sarcasm]Surely your fanaticism for OU is not nearly as irritating as my Laker fandom now is it?[/sarcasm]

I do give someone besides the Lakers credit. I just find it hilarious everyone in the thread has said that the Lakers are going to devour the T-Wolves alive but the Kings will win Game 7, all of a sudden Minnesota wins Game 7 and everyone's opinion has changed. I never said LA was the best team ever and they aren't god's team (I think the Yankees still have that contract) so quit acting as if I did.

Go jump on OraleHolmes for that kind of talk.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Playoffs or not, Malone and Payton, Kobe, Shaq... AH SHUT UP.

People seem to be counting out the Timberwolves. I'm a Kings fan, not a Timberwolves fan, but as Flip Saunders said...

Minnesota is the top team in the west for a reason.

I say... Timberwolves in 7.

Oh yes because you know I never gave any other team than OU credit. That's why I said LSU was a better team.....oh wait I just did it.

All the Lakers fans are counting the T-Wolves out and everyone else in the NBA out. The T-Wolves did win 3 of 4 against The Lakers in the regular season.

This game will go to a Game 7 and Minnesota will win Game 7. Is it going to be easy? No. But The Lakers aren't the best team ever and better than any other team that has touched a basketball.

The Wolves will win in 5

Cassell, Spreewell, Wally and Hoiberg will hit the same shots that the Spurs role players couldn't hit in the previous series.

That's the problem. The Spurs didn't beat the Lakers for that one reason. Last year they Stephen Jackson and a hot shooting Bruce Bowen to knock down those shots. The T'Wolves, if they double KG, which I think they'll have to, will get those shots. Cassell, Hoilberg, Spree and Wally Z will hit those more than this year's Spurs team. This series will be tough, T'Wolves are hungry, and I like the T'Wolves.

Guest Redhawk

As far as Kobe's defense is concerned.....all I know is that Paul Pierce got his nickname after he put up 40-something on the Lakers (and Kobe). Shaq told everyone that "Paul Pierce is the motherfuckin' truth!" afterwards.

I'm feeling good about this game.

The T-Wolves are tired and The Lakers are beating them down but they won't stay down. Even if they don't win this game it shows that the Lakers are going to have a tough time with them.

Lakers don't play their best game, and still the T-Wolves still can only grab the lead once in the second half, and not at all in the 4th. At home.

If Minnesota loses on Sunday, this should be a sweep.

I don't think Minnesota will lose again at home. Don't forget they traded home victories with the Kings and Kobe might not be there for Game 4. That's a hit to the Lakers offense.

T-Wolves win Sunday.

Lakers win Game 3.

T-Wolves win Game 4.

T-Wolves win Game 5

Lakers win Game 6.

And I'm still up in the air about Game 7.

Guest OraleHolmes

Karl Malone: 8-13 from the field; 17 points and 11 rebounds

Kevin Garnett: 7-15 from the field; 16 points and 10 rebounds.

Ahem, like I said, Karl Malone>>>Kevin Garnett

As evidenced by KG's tepid numbers, Malone was a force on the defensive end, as well.

How fucking sad is it that a 40-year-old man punks out this year's MVP? HUH? It's a testament to Malone's raw ability after all of these years.

Karl Malone: 8-13 from the field; 17 points and 11 rebounds

Kevin Garnett: 7-15 from the field; 16 points and 10 rebounds.

Ahem, like I said, Karl Malone>>>Kevin Garnett

As evidenced by KG's tepid numbers, Malone was a force on the defensive end, as well.

How fucking said is it that a 40-year-old man punks out this year's MVP? HUH? It's a testament to Malone's raw ability after all of these years.

Actually it's a treatment to the fact that KG played less than 48 hours ago in one of the biggest games of his life and the 40 year old man had 5-6 days to rest.

He won't have the upper hand in Game 2. His age will show.

Guest OraleHolmes

Puh-lease. Malone is still recovering from his knee tear and he's currently suffering from a sore ankle sustained in the Houston series. KG is a young stud; he shouldn't be exhausted this time of the year. Excuses, excuses.

Puh-lease. Malone is still recovering from his knee tear and he's currently suffering from a sore ankle sustained in the Houston series. KG is a young stud; he shouldn't be exhausted this time of the year.

Man this is exactly what I'm saying about Lakers fans giving nobody else credit.

Let's not forget they had the double team on KG a bunch.

You're blind. Karl had rest. KG didn't. Karl will be tired in Game 2.

Guest OraleHolmes

After twenty years of seeing the NBA championship elude him, Karl Malone will not let the word, "exhaustion" enter his mind. Trust me, Malone's pursuit for the Larry O'Brien trophy is nothing short of ravenous. He will not rest or even think about being tired until he procures it. Count on it.

Lakers played well, T-Wolves played tired.

Game 2 should be closer.

Hopefully game 2 will be more competitive (this game was close, but never felt like the T-Wolves were in it.)