TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

Yes, all over Peja... people seriously underestimate how good George is and how good he will be as long as he keeps his confidence up. But I won't continue debating him unless people learn to spell his fucking name right. Besides, it's not like Peja can consistently hit big shots in the playoffs anyway.

The Lakers won't double Webber if he's hitting his shots. If he's hitting his shots, it means Malone isn't playing him physical enough. Webber will not be able to drive against Malone or do much post-up work, those are the things that require doubles. Besides, he'll get off the shot before a double can even get there. And I'd take my chances anyway... it's not like Webber is the most clutch player in the world. I just don't want Bibby to be the one getting uncontested chances.

Eddie Jones has been a choker for almost his entire career. His signature move is pump-faking a wide-open 3, dribbling in, and bricking a 15-footer.

Lamar Odom has all the tools and ability but his mental game is questionable... still has that Clipper mindset.

Yes, all over Peja... people seriously underestimate how good George is and how good he will be as long as he keeps his confidence up. But I won't continue debating him unless people learn to spell his fucking name right.  Besides, it's not like Peja can consistently hit big shots in the playoffs anyway. 

The Lakers won't double Webber if he's hitting his shots.  If he's hitting his shots, it means Malone isn't playing him physical enough.  Webber will not be able to drive against Malone or do much post-up work, those are the things that require doubles.  Besides, he'll get off the shot before a double can even get there.  And I'd take my chances anyway... it's not like Webber is the most clutch player in the world.  I just don't want Bibby to be the one getting uncontested chances.

Eddie Jones has been a choker for almost his entire career.  His signature move is pump-faking a wide-open 3, dribbling in, and bricking a 15-footer. 

Lamar Odom has all the tools and ability but his mental game is questionable... still has that Clipper mindset.

Can we spell it "Over-paid Bag Of Suck"? :P

Eddie Jones carried the Lakers asses in the playoffs for a year or two there, getting a team that had no business making the playoffs out of the first round against better teams and the guy has been a good playoff performer when he was there for Charlotte and Miami.

To call Jones a choker in one paragraph after calling George a good defender is embarassing. Getting a block once every 4 games doesn't make you a good defender

You know, the Kings DO still have to play Minnesota again...

In a game I think the Wolves will win actually.

But if we are going to talk about Devianinan Gorerge's ability to defend Peja, I will chime in.

Guest OraleHolmes

Actually, Eddie Jones has choked in the playoffs since being a Laker. Even if he had a good regular season, he would always end up struggling in the playoffs (i.e. can't hit jump shots) because he's always been easy to stop if the opposing team really wanted to. Furthermore, Eddie Jones had NOTHING to do with taking the Lakers to the playoffs. The credit for that would have to go to Elden Campbell, Vlade, Van Exel, Ceballos, and later, Kobe and Shaq.

Actually, Eddie Jones has choked in the playoffs since being a Laker. Even if he had a good regular season, he would always end up struggling in the playoffs (i.e. can't hit jump shots) because he's always been easy to stop if the opposing team really wanted to. Furthermore, Eddie Jones had NOTHING to do with taking the Lakers to the playoffs. The credit for that would have to go to Elden Campbell, Vlade, Van Exel, Ceballos, and later, Kobe and Shaq.

So everyone forgetting the JR Ryder: "I am better than Eddie Jones" comment after having a good game one against the Lakers and Eddie torching him for like 25 a game after that?

And although everyone will always remember Nick Van Excels buzzer beaters to beat the sonics, it was Jones that kept them in those series.

I'm really looking forward to Game 7 tonight. Sacramento has proven they can win on the road, so it's anybody's game. Unfortunately, there's no rest for the winner because the WCF start Friday.

Guest Urine Sane

The refs are one sided for the Kings like they've been all series. That old fart sucks ass.

I can't remember Eddie choking against the Jazz since some teenager was airballing all of those shots.....

KG is playing AWESOME tonight.

79-75 Minnesota with 44.6 seconds left, offensive fouls, turnovers, missed lay-ups, does anybody want to win?

Guest Urine Sane

Do you understand what it's like to go out first round in the playoffs for 7 STRAIGHT YEARS!?!

Guest OctoberBlood
Now it's Good (Kevin Garnett) vs. Evil (Kobe Bryant).

At least in my view.

Did KG just scream "GOOOOD DAMN" on TV? :lol:

Thought that was pretty funny.

Wow, as a diehard kings fan(and and still on a nice beer buzz), I must say, I am just so dissapointed with this team. Not mad, but dissapointed.

My feelings are mixed, I mean on one hand, I can look at the series and say the Kings should have won but their FT shooting was shit all series long. On the otherhand, I can say, well it is not like the Kings were 100%, I mean no Bobby Jackson and a one-legged Webber.

However, I am not really gonna make excuses. The Kings missed far too many open shots, and playing one good half of basketball is not gonna get it done in the playoffs.

When you have a crippled team, that somehow is still good enough to make every game a close one, it hurts that much more.

Dissapointed is what I am.

Congrats T-Wolves. You are going to the Western Conference Finals. I sincerely hope you bring your A game vs. the Lakers. I am not that confident in the Timberwolves chances against the Lakers, simply for the fact that matchups look to leave Minnesota in trouble all over, but fuck it, please T-Wolves, pleaaaaaaaase, beat the Lakers.

*wipes brow, cracks open another beer, and calmly retires Peja jersey for the summer*

Guest OraleHolmes

Lakers are gonna KILL the T'Wolves. Let's face it, the Wolves BARELY beat the Kings even when their star players -- Webber and Peja -- were CHOKING on Puss n' Boot's gargantuan hair ball of doom.

Kobe>>>>Sprewell

Payton>>>Gimpy Cassell aka Smiegel aka Gollum aka ugliest motherfucker in the world

Shaq>>>Ervin Johnson + Olowosucky

Malone>>>KG ONLY ON THE DEFENSIVE END. Like I said, Malone will outmuscle the pencil neck geek.

In conclusion, Lakers in 5.

Malone>>>KG ONLY ON THE DEFENSIVE END. Like I said, Malone will outmuscle the pencil neck geek.

geezus chriminy, will you just stfu about Malone already. Malone was being schooled by Webber in the playoffs as a member of the Jazz, so tack on another year of old age, and the fact that KG is twice the player Webber is. I mean come on already. Just stop with this "Malone > everyone" bullshit. Hell i am sure the officials will agree with you, when Malone's elbow jobs go un-whistled like usual.

Regardless of that rant, yeah I agree, Lakers in 5.

Guest OraleHolmes

Hey NoCalMike, I'm sorry about the Kings not winning. For the first time, and only time in my life, I became an ardent Kings fan. I REALLY wanted them to win, but little things like Webber missing layups and dunks, those two missed free throws by Miller, and Peja's atrocious shooting did them in. Still, that last three by Webber was eerily reminiscent of Horry's shot last year.

Damn...I was pining for Lakers vs. Kings in what would've been their last dance in the playoffs. It would've made for better T.V. too. Oh Well.

Hey NoCalMike, I'm sorry about the Kings not winning. For the first time, and only time in my life, I became an ardent Kings fan. I REALLY wanted them to win, but little things like Webber missing layups and dunks, those two missed free throws by Miller, and Peja's atrocious shooting did them in. Still, that last three by Webber was eerily reminiscent of Horry's shot last year.

Damn...I was pining for Lakers vs. Kings in what would've been their last dance in the playoffs. It would've made for better T.V. too. Oh Well.

yeah well, can't win 'em all(or any of them) can ya? :( :angry: :firing:

It has to make you wonder if there will be a shakeup in Sacramento this offseason.

On one hand I kind of want there to be, but on the other hand, I don't think you can punish a team that was going into the playoffs at half staff.

If Webber can fully recover next year, and the Kings can go into the playoffs, virtually injury free, then I would say 2004, is their last chance at the current roster, to win a championship.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Good Lord. Kudos to Sacto for continuing to look like the biggest bunch of chokers on planet earth. It hurts to like that team.

Lakers in 6 sadly.

Ok, I have a question: and no I am not trying to blame this on the loss at all, whatsoever, but I do have to ask for piece of mind:

What exactly is the rule when it comes to using your free hand to create space when you have the ball. It seems like whenever Cassell is driving or just has the ball, he just nonstop uses his free arm to push, elbow etc...whoever is guarding him. Now I am sure other people in the league do it, but I have never seen it done as obvious as the way Cassell does it. Is this perfectly legal or does this fall under "well he has a couple of rings, so he gets his own set of rules" ?

Thanks~!