TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

Guest Redhawk

To say pulling the chair is pussy is to say blocking in football is pussy. If a guy is leaning hard one way....you take him that way. Let him take himself out of the play, which is exactly what good offensive lineman and guys like Karl Malone do.

"It's Game 7, man. That's it. It's for all the marbles," Garnett said. "Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war."

-Kevin Garnett

Well...goddamn.

KG apparantly missed the backlash from when Winslow said that.

And, btw KG, comparing a basketball GAME to war when we're envolved in one, not really appropriate.

To be fair, he didn't compare it to a war. He just said he is ready for war.

okay...I'm reaching.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

KG's interviews have been awesome lately. Like Shaq level.

No one can stop KG. Pulling the chair is intelligent, not pussy. But it won't work against Garnett... he's too agile. 1-on-1 he'd score 50 points easily. But the Lakers win the other matchups...Cassell is hurt, Spree is inconsistent and can't touch Kobe, Hassell is not the shooter or defender a confident George is, and there is no answer for O'Neal even if he is a fatass. Lakers in 5 for that potential series.

Turkoglu was left open on purpose... Webber cannot draw the attention Duncan did. That allows DG to stay with Peja...the Lakers will let Doug Christie take and miss the open shots when they inevitably will start doubling Bibby. Lakers in 5.

You can make a case either way for almost everything in your post so that is fine but this:

Hassell is not the shooter or defender a confident George is

is pure bullshite.

Deven George is a better shooter, true, but he isn't HALF the defender that Trenton Hassell is. Simply put, he is a lock down guy, and George, confident or other wise, never has been nor will be.

No one can stop KG. Pulling the chair is intelligent, not pussy. But it won't work against Garnett... he's too agile. 1-on-1 he'd score 50 points easily. But the Lakers win the other matchups...Cassell is hurt, Spree is inconsistent and can't touch Kobe, Hassell is not the shooter or defender a confident George is, and there is no answer for O'Neal even if he is a fatass. Lakers in 5 for that potential series.

Turkoglu was left open on purpose... Webber cannot draw the attention Duncan did. That allows DG to stay with Peja...the Lakers will let Doug Christie take and miss the open shots when they inevitably will start doubling Bibby. Lakers in 5.

Hoilberg, Cassell, Sprewell, and Wally are all better shooters than Hedo, Parker, Manu, and Bowen. So let them double KG, this time the shots will go down. And I'd take Hassell ten times over Devon George. Hassell is a better defender, and if you leave him open, he will nail that 15 foot jumper.

Edited by Cena's Writer

I still wonder why the Bulls gave up on Hassell. Hassell can score if he wants to, and is a shut down defender. He's like Bruce Bowen but better. KG doesn't post up a lot, Malone won't be able to guard him effectively on the perimeter if they play.

I think in all honesty that the Kings have to keep game 7 close thru 3 1/2 quarters and then try to pull away somewhere in the fourth to have a good chance. The Kings do not play well from behind on the road and with an even shorter bench, that will be even more difficult. If the Wolves lead by more than 10 going into the fourth, I think it's lights out for Sactown.

The Nets/Pistons really is a toss up. The Pistons have the luxury of playing in their building and the Nets pride as defending Eastern Conference Champs will certainly be on the line. Both teams lack that go to guy in the clutch when you need a bucket right fucking now, so who knows where this will go. But it'll be fun.

Guest OraleHolmes

Why the FUCK wasn't Wade in the game during Miami's final possesion?

Guest OraleHolmes

RAFER ALSTON FUCKING AIR BALLS A WIDE OPEN THREE. Wade is the only guy on that team who was capable of making clutch shots. Odom and Jones are vastly overrated; Wade is BY FAR their best player and the stupid coach keeps him off the floor when he was needed most?

Deveon George all over Peja? fucking please.

And as far as Webber not gaining the attention Duncan does, well that depends on whether he is hitting his open shots. If he is, you better believe he will be doubled. His main problem is his lack of elevation right now, but Webber might sell out in the Lakers series, because I am sure everyone in their right mind would say it will be harder to beat the Lakers then anyone in the East.

Of course the Kings still have a job to do tomorrow night, and since I finished my finals early, I will be at the sportsbar with a couple of brewskys soaking up the game.

Guest OraleHolmes

I hear David Stern will be at the Kings-Wolves game to ensure a Kings victory. Because everyone knows Lakers vs. Kings in the Western Conf. Finals II = RATINGS and LOTS OF MONEY.

My prediction: Kings 104, Wolves 103 on a buzzer beater by Bibby.

Get the fuck outta here calling Eddie Jones a choker and Alston a choker because they missed a shot. Its the NBA. People miss shots.

They fought their asses off though. Good game.

I still wonder why the Bulls gave up on Hassell. Hassell can score if he wants to, and is a shut down defender. He's like Bruce Bowen but better. KG doesn't post up a lot, Malone won't be able to guard him effectively on the perimeter if they play.

Because they are the bulls. they also gave up on Artest, Hoiberg, Brand, and Brad Miller.

I hear David Stern will be at the Kings-Wolves game to ensure a Kings victory.

Really? Who told you?

Secondly, Odom is not overrated. He's easily one of the top 5 most complete players in the East. He averaged 17 pts, 9 rebounds, and 4 assists during the regular season...something noboby else did but KG.

If the Heat can get a good center via free agency (perhaps Marcus Camby or Erick Dampier) and the Magic get Okafor and a healthy Grant Hill, the East is BACK.

Because they are the bulls. they also gave up on Artest, Hoiberg, Brand, and Brad Miller.

It hurts... cuz it's true. :(

Here's Brad Miller's rebuttal to KG:

I'll bring my shotgun, my bow-and-arrow, my fuckin' four wheel drive, and four wheeler...and, run over 'em.