TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChick

OAO Raw Analysis Thread

Alright, we are trying something new out here. Please post all your post-show reactions here. The OAO Raw Thread will only be used by those who are watching the show for play-by-play reactions, sort of speak. For now on, the OAO Raw threads will be closed after the Western airing.

So please, all reactions/comments/analysis goes here. Thank you.

I loved the show...main event was great but what was up with JR's "Best There is, Was, and Ever will be" reference? HMMM...

Grandmasta coming back caught me a little off guard but was a nice surprise.

Edge definately needs new music...pronto.

Good show...Backlash is looking to be intresting.

Guest Choken One

Easily the best Hard Sell Raw in forever...

Nearly every match had some intrigue save for the woman's title match...and I won't count the Tajiri/Coach match which REEKS of 4 minute comedy fluff anyways.

Very solid raw.

::takes credit for this idea::

OK show.

--ME was good, but nothing special. Not sure why HBK ends up pinning Orton, though. Flair has turned into quite the workhorse since injuring his neck.

--Brian Christopher? Screw that. Kanyon gets released because "creative doesn't have anything for him to do", yet Lawler's kid gets hired a few months after that? Bah. Besides that, Kane/Christopher was awful. If they want to continue pushing Kane as a heel, they may want to consider stopping the post-match pyro, as it is only serving to get him face pops.

--Lita/Trish - better than usual effort from Lita, but still pretty bad. Suicide dive from Lita? Bad idea, especially since she landed pretty much full force on Trish's face.

--Eugene? Bah.

--Helms gets a win!

--Tajiri/Coach for Backlash? Yikes.

Suggestion - pin this thread.

It was OK, though Jericho's face promo was atrocious as usual.

What was the point in HBK getting the pin instead of Benoit, since he's the Champion?

Guest JMA

Good idea. The OAO RAW threads tend to die down after the show is over.

I really enjoyed the main event. A solid bout. I like the way they've been giving the main events more time ever since the famed Michaels/Triple H match. The crowd was hot and no one looked bad.

Lita continues to be brutal in the ring (and not in the good way). At least her craptacular performance tonight will squash any chances of her taking the Women's title off Victoria.

Another night with no Sheriff Austin. I think the show was better because of it. While Austin deserves respect for all he's done in the WWF/E, he needs to hang up the boots if he's not going to be an active wrestler. The fans don't want to see him as some authority figure who occasionally beats someone up.

I'm very worrired about the tag division right now. There are no strong face teams for Flair and Batista to face (assuming Benoit and Michaels don't continue to team).

I'm liking Johnny Nitro's cocky personality. I really dig the Monday Nitro theme. His in-ring skills have not yet been seen since he became Bischoff's apprentice. He's obviously still a rookie, so it's smart to let him build a character before he gets in the ring (they should've done this with Sylvain Grenier). If he sucks, he won't be AS exposed. Although, I have heard good things about him in OVW from the 'net (I take this with a grain of salt).

No Victoria on RAW makes me sad. Shouldn't she be there to build up her match? Perhaps she's taking some time to heal. Who knows?

Grandmaster Sexsay returned. Eh, I never really disliked the guy. It's good that he jobbed on his first night back. Giving him a win would've set a bad example. RAW does need more midcarders.

Will Regal form a tag team with Eugene? With his health in question, I'm not too sure. I expect to see Dinsmore vs. Grenier on the next RAW (with Dinsmore getting the SHOCKING~! win).

Edge's new look is a plus. The scraggly beard and wild hair look really cool, IMO.

How was it awful?

I mean... the crowd was chanting "Y2J" at volumes not heard since 2001. I guess everyone in the arena thought it was awful too.

How was it awful?

I mean... the crowd was chanting "Y2J" at volumes not heard since 2001. I guess everyone in the arena thought it was awful too.

The slut references got old in 2001, and I feel like I'm listening to them all over again when it comes to face Jericho.

How was it awful?

The slut references got old in 2001, and I feel like I'm listening to them all over again when it comes to face Jericho.

But then again, it hasn't been used in three years. It built up some nice heat, so I'm not going to complain about it, especially now that the crowd is all over Trish.

Guest CronoT
--Brian Christopher? Screw that. Kanyon gets released because "creative doesn't have anything for him to do", yet Lawler's kid gets hired a few months after that? Bah. Besides that, Kane/Christopher was awful. If they want to continue pushing Kane as a heel, they may want to consider stopping the post-match pyro, as it is only serving to get him face pops.

As I said in another thread, he's Lawler's kid. What Lawler wants, Lawler gets.

--Brian Christopher?  Screw that.  Kanyon gets released because "creative doesn't have anything for him to do", yet Lawler's kid gets hired a few months after that?  Bah.  Besides that, Kane/Christopher was awful.  If they want to continue pushing Kane as a heel, they may want to consider stopping the post-match pyro, as it is only serving to get him face pops.

And hey, it's not like the tag team division doesn't need some help! :P

No Victoria on RAW makes me sad. Shouldn't she be there to build up her match? Perhaps she's taking some time to heal. Who knows?

I was wondering that too. I guess they decided "it isn't as if people are going to buy the show based on a women's match anyway. Let's focus it all on Trish and Lita and have the retard stumble around throughout the show."

For cryin' out loud, Hunter, give Orton some of your roids already. He looks absolutely pathetic for a non-cruiserweight.

And hey, it's not like the tag team division doesn't need some help!

It needs a mercy killing if you ask me.

By the way, is Orton facing Foley or Cactus Jack? JR seems to have no clue, and even though Foley hammed it up in that promo last week, he didn't actually pull out the shirt.

By the way, is Orton facing Foley or Cactus Jack? JR seems to have no clue, and even though Foley hammed it up in that promo last week, he didn't actually pull out the shirt.

At least Foley is not wearing the black sweatpants anymore. Foley needs to wear the Mankind mask with a Cactus Jack T-shirt.

At least Foley is not wearing the black sweatpants anymore. Foley needs to wear the Mankind mask with a Cactus Jack T-shirt.

...and the Dude love bandanna and tights. (/ChrisMWaters mode)

"Lita continues to be brutal in the ring (and not in the good way). At least her craptacular performance tonight will squash any chances of her taking the Women's title off Victoria."

Actually I disagree with this. Not so much Lita being crappy in the ring right now but that Victoria will easily retain. If there is one thing I realized tonight it is that Lita is basically going to win and be a transition champ to Trish. Hell Victoria wasn't even on the show tonight....what does that say about her chances of retaining?

How was it awful?

I'm with you. The crowd's totally into Jericho now.

Not that crowd reaction means anyhting when you're probably going to be stuck in the same angle for ANOTHER six months.

I'm serious. This Jericho/Trish storyline started waaaaayyyy back on the 10/13/03 Raw.

That was 6 fucking months ago.

Then again, I have a feeling that Jericho's next in line to feud with Orton, so maybe this stuff with Trish should go for a while longer.

--Brian Christopher?  Screw that.  Kanyon gets released because "creative doesn't have anything for him to do", yet Lawler's kid gets hired a few months after that?  Bah.  Besides that, Kane/Christopher was awful.  If they want to continue pushing Kane as a heel, they may want to consider stopping the post-match pyro, as it is only serving to get him face pops.

Too bad Lawler don't want no damn excitement in this damn Fed more than once a damn month...and that ain't the damn $$$$40.00 shows....

At the risk of sounding arrogant, I pitched the basic premise for this idea to Dr. Tom last week, except I suggested the RAW thread be deleted once the show was over since it was such a vast wasteland of nothing and a huge drain on the bandwidth of the place. I would hardly call this idea being put to use any type of abuse of power. Anyone who says so is just being anti-establishment for the sake of it.

With that said, I didn't catch most of the show but I will say that the return of Christopher makes no sense because A) I doubt they have anything for him B) He's useless without Scotty and vice versa and C) He got squashed in his first night back. Not exactly the way to get him back over with the fans, if you ask me.

I'm watching on TSN right now, and this 8 man is just brutally bad. No story, no real structure, crowd heat is nice though.

Woah, that was Christopher that came back? I was watching Raw at my friends house and I didn't even notice that. I thought it was Scotty 2 Hotty for some odd reason. Shows how "hardcore" of a wrestling fan I am. But whatever, he is just going to job everynight.

I am really digging Eugene for some reason. I think his character has a lot of potential, even though I haven't seen him in the ring yet. Is he any good? I also like that Regal is his manager, it is a good role for him.

Edge looks a lot bigger than he did before his surgery. He should be on Smackdown though, since they need it BIG TIME.

Johnny Nitro is great character too and I like the whole Nitro thing.

I didn't see the ME because I left my friends to get some food and they started playing MVP baseball. What would you say the star rating is?

And I can't believe that Raw is better than Smackdown now. They really, really need to do something about that.

At the risk of sounding arrogant, I pitched the basic premise for this idea to Dr. Tom last week, except I suggested the RAW thread be deleted once the show was over since it was such a vast wasteland of nothing and a huge drain on the bandwidth of the place.

Because whatever the great and mighty Bruiser Chong doesn't like to read should be DELETED!

Woah, that was Christopher that came back? I was watching Raw at my friends house and I didn't even notice that. I thought it was Scotty 2 Hotty for some odd reason. Shows how "hardcore" of a wrestling fan I am. But whatever, he is just going to job everynight.

You need glasses :P

I am really digging Eugene for some reason. I think his character has a lot of potential, even though I haven't seen him in the ring yet. Is he any good? I also like that Regal is his manager, it is a good role for him.

Dinsmore is great. I wonder, though, if the gimmick will allow him to show his talent.

I didn't see the ME because I left my friends to get some food and they started playing MVP baseball. What would you say the star rating is?

I'd say * or so. I saw one guy in the Raw thread say ****, though, so it depends how harsh you are. It was pretty basic stuff.

Guest wildpegasus
For cryin' out loud, Hunter, give Orton some of your roids already. He looks absolutely pathetic for a non-cruiserweight.

Orton's built.

Does anyone else think the graphic of Jericho on the main page of wwe.com is hilarious? It's like his head on some other body.

Oh, and RAW was okayish. The main event was pretty fun, everything else was just last show before the PPV formulaic kind of stuff.

That Jericho pic had me pissing myself.

I dug the main, though 90% of it was due to crowd heat. Benoit getting all up in HHH's grill was nifty. The Benoit/Flair punch/chop exchage was sweet. Batista hit a sweet clothesline on Foley. The heatbutt rocked it. Hot ending sequence, solid build for the PPV.

Batista is so pimp tight it's ridiculous. He always seems to not care when he's in the ring, something I kinda admire.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

You need glasses :P

Dinsmore is great. I wonder, though, if the gimmick will allow him to show his talent.

I'd say * or so. I saw one guy in the Raw thread say ****, though, so it depends how harsh you are. It was pretty basic stuff.

Can you explain to everyone what you rate a match on? In-ring quality? Crowd reaction? Spots? Because every match we say is ***-***** you jump on everyone's throat with a rating that would make even Dames (a harsh reviewer) blush.

Guest Ray

The main event was superb. The rest....bleh. I can't even remember the rest of the show. But the main event...SUPERB.

The main event was superb. The rest....bleh. I can't even remember the rest of the show. But the main event...SUPERB.

I remember the main event and Dinsmore doing his impression of 3/4 of the creative team, that's about it.

Orton's built.

It appeared to me that his torso is dwarfed by Ric Flair's.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Thank You. Ray is the other person I was thinking of who is VERY-VERY harsh with ratings for WWE, which makes me wonder "What the hell was so bad about the 8-Man that warrants a *-star rating?"