94. David Alan Grier

95. Andrew 'Dice' Clay

96. Joey Bishop

97. Sandra Bernhard

98. Louis CK

99. Janeane Garofalo

100. Gallagher

*Mind Explodes*

I don't have an issue with Pryor being ahead of Carlin.... but why is Chris Rock in the top 5?

Did Woody Allen ever do standup?

And Jay Mohr sucks.

I don't have an issue with Pryor being ahead of Carlin.... but why is Chris Rock in the top 5?

And Jay Mohr sucks.

Rock is funny, one of the few black guys that can pull off white jokes and not come off overly racist *coughlawrencecough*

Woody Allen, give me a break. I thought they were a tad nice to Allen, Letterman (who I really like), and a few others who aren't known so much for their standup.

And Jay Mohr can make me laugh my ass off from time to time.

And I'd have Mitch Hedberg on the list before some of those names. Comedy Central definatly threw a bunch of their guys on the list...but not him.

Although they both had funny shows, I don't think Seinfeld or Roseanne had anything close to top 15 standup acts. I'd switch Bill Hicks and Chris Rock around, I'd put Andrew Dice Clay at least a little higher, and I don't think I've ever seen Colin Quinn, Paul Reiser, or Sinbad be funny. Many of the names I don't recognize, but at least they got most of the names I think should be included, just in the wrong order.

Guest FrigidSoul

Bernie Mac should have been the Highest out of the "Kings of Comedy" trio. Cedric is not funny...he's a train wreck in everything.

And Jay Mohr sucks.

Rock is funny, one of the few black guys that can pull off white jokes and not come off overly racist *coughlawrencecough*

Woody Allen, give me a break. I thought they were a tad nice to Allen, Letterman (who I really like), and a few others who aren't known so much for their standup.

And Jay Mohr can make me laugh my ass off from time to time.

And I'd have Mitch Hedberg on the list before some of those names. Comedy Central definatly threw a bunch of their guys on the list...but not him.

I like Rock a lot.

I just don't think he is Top 5 material IMO. Top 10-15? Sure.

They probably wanted to throw someone modern up really high. Rock is a good call at 5 I think.

And while I like Adam Sandler, I don't think his standup is very funny.

I wanted Carlin at number 1...

I like Pryor and everything...but Carlin is God.

Kaufman should have been higher (20-25 at least). His entire life was like one big comedy routine, with stand-up being a main part of it.

Did anybody watch the complete show on Friday?

Chris Rock ahead of Eddie Murphy is crazy! Party All the Time > No Sex! It had Rick James on the song, BITCHES! And Colin Quinn is not Top 100 material, hell he is not Top 500 material.

are they gonna replay these any?

I figured Carlin wouldn't get #1. Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but Comedy Central doesn't seem to like him for some bizzare reason

I wanted Carlin at number 1...

I like Pryor and everything...but Carlin is God.

As good as Carlin is (or is that was?), Pryor is that much better. I like him being at #1.

Guest Redhawk

Pryor is a fine No. 1 choice; no argument there.

Roseanne ahead of Eddie Murphy? Are you shitting me? I guess they wanted to get a female in the Top 10, but ROSEANNE OVER EDDIE MURPHY?!?!?

I've never seen Woody Allen do standup, but if he was so great, why has Comedy Central never shown any of his standup? Now that I think of it, have they ever shown a Woody Allen movie?

Sam Kinison better than Redd Foxx? Please.

Where the hell was Arsenio Hall? Maybe I missed him.

Comedy Central has shows starring Jon Stewart, Dave Attel and Dave Chappelle, so there might be a bit of a conflict of interest with their placing.

If his dad is one of the 50 best comics of all time, how come Freddie Prinze Jr. is so unfunny?

D.L. Hughley above Cedric and Bernie Mac is weird. And where is Steve Harvey?

Why do people think Gallagher is funny?

I wonder how far down they'd have to go to get Carrot Top in there. Top 200? 300?

I've never seen Woody Allen do standup, but if he was so great, why has Comedy Central never shown any of his standup? Now that I think of it, have they ever shown a Woody Allen movie?

Since when did Comedy Central showing your stand up = greatness? Sure, they showcase a lot of funny people, but they haven't shown guys like Lenny Bruce, Bob Newhart, and other older guys.

And as for some of the guys with talk shows, like Letterman, just realize that they had to have some talent to get a show of their own.

For the most part, I like the list. I think Mitch Hedberg, Carlos Mencia, and others could have been put on it, but, them's the breaks.

Allen did a lot of standup in the 60's when he was starting out. I was happy to see Shelly Berman and Bob Newhart on there, both hilarious old timers.

If his dad is one of the 50 best comics of all time, how come Freddie Prinze Jr. is so unfunny?

Why do people think Gallagher is funny?

Maybe his mom is a stupid sack of shit

When you get past the Smashing Things With A Mallet bit (Which is a small part of some of his shows towards the end), he's actually really funny

Gallagher at 100 is some kind of in joke, I got a feeling. He's not that bad though. He just got a reputation, very few people on the street like him. Considering how these lists are, I was surprised with it. It could have been far worse. One of the better "Top 100" lists I've seen, which admittedly isn't saying much.

I'm also shocked at the lack of Brian Regan on this list. He is one of the funniest guys alive in stand up.

I always loved the PB and Jelly in one jar bit. :lol:

Guest Nanks

Unsurprising, but no love for British comics. Eddie Izzard & Al Murray just a couple of examples. Not to mention the Monty Python crew.

EDIT: Oh fudge, I just realised I'm an idiot. Curse.