TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Favorite TV Show openings

Favorite tv show openings, for whatever reason, what are they?

Mine.

1. Band of Brothers...not tv, but a 10 part mini series. The opening just sets up the show great, you get to see the action, drama, and the music is perfect. You feel like you're getting ready to watch something really epic.

2. Angel...while I like the Buffy opening, Angel is so much better in this department. Perfect music to go along with the images, and it's been pretty much unchanged over the last 5 years.

3. Smallville...good song to go along with the show's theme. Sets up the show nicely.

4. The Sopranos...music kicks ass. There's not much to it, but it's good enough to where you don't instantly skip it to get to the show.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Angel's is pretty kickass, I still think the old RAW IS WAR Opening was great, and I personally love the Highlander: The Series opening with the Queen song.

I love the Highlander one too, "Princess of The Universe" is one kicks ass song.

The Simpsons of course, just to see what Bart is writing in the Board and what happens when they get to the living room.

Friends i've loved always.

Power Rangers Ninja Storm last year :D , it's so catchy.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

The Twilight Zone

Star Trek

Hawaii Five O

24 Season One

Sanford and Son for the song alone.

Jeffersons for the song alone. It also has vast crossover potential. Play that song over anything remotely related to success, it works.

Sopranos, I guess it's the song, cause there really isn't much else there, but it doesn't seem like I like the song all that much. I like the opening for something though.

In Living Color... uh, season 1 at least, maybe some more. The one with the paint. I thought that was creative. Also has a good Heavy D song.

Kung Fu had a cool opening in general.

oh yeah and Thundercats!.........thundercats are on the move, thundercats are loose!!...or something like that.

I also Like Malcom In The Middle's opening. Any opening that has Bret doing the Sharpshooter can't suck.

The Shield (the one that comes a few minutes in that is. It's short, but explosive. It just hits you out of nowhere.)

Angel (dramatic and good music)

Dukes of Hazzard (Best theme song ever!)

I sort of like the Smallville's opening, but when they show each character overlaying the background it looks really bad.

- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Easily the best of the Trek themes.

- Friends. Yeah, I'm a mark. But I like the constant insertion of new clips.

- Voltron. C'mon, you know you like it. Optimus Prime as voiceover guy clinches it for me.

- Robotech. Because.

- Karen Sisco. Fits right in with Elmore Leonard's characters.

- Keen Eddie. Not sure of the name of the song, but I like it.

- You Can't Do That On Television. A classic.

Power Rangers Ninja Storm last year  , it's so catchy.

I kinda like Dino Thunder's better. Matter of taste, I suppose.

Guest Redhawk

Homicide

The Simpsons (timeless)

Unsolved Mysteries (If the goal was the scare the ever-loving shit out of people, then yeah, this opening was PERFECT)

Martin (the first version, when they showed some of the characters Martin played)

I agree with Angel's opening.

Twin Peaks had a great one. Though it is an awfully long opener, the music and the beautiful scenery, it is really really atmospheric.

The Wonders Years opening was great. The old home video with Joe Cocker playing over the top. Great stuff.

Monty Python's Flying Circus opening credits are comedy classic, as was Fawlty Towers just for the everchanging sign.

Power Rangers Ninja Storm last year  , it's so catchy.

I kinda like Dino Thunder's better. Matter of taste, I suppose.

Dino Thunder's is better than Ninja Storm. Although the best ones were the MMPR ones and Zeo.

BTW, Dino Thunder is kicking so much ass this year (Tommy, Trent = evil White Ranger, possessed by the White Dino Gem powers, Mesogog/Anton Mercer)

Let me get back on topic:

Simpsons (especially with the extended couch scenes in one of the eps this season and the chorus line couch scene)

Futurama

Unsolved Mysteries

Quantum Leap

Guest Smues

The original Beavis and Butthead warning where it talked about wanting to take a gun and shoot them but somehow they make us laugh. That was a classic.

Fawlty Towers's Flowering Twats opening was a classic

Teenage Mutant Nija Turtles

X-Men cartoon from 1993(or '94, cant remember properly)

Match Of The Day(That theme music is classic)

In Living Color... uh, season 1 at least, maybe some more. The one with the paint. I thought that was creative. Also has a good Heavy D song

I'll second that, they picked a really good theme.

I also agree with the mention of Angel, though Buffy has a pretty good theme as well.

Guest wildpegasus

A lot of my favourites have been mentioned.

Kung Fu The Legend Continues

Highlander -- Starting song gets you pumped up

Batman from the 1960s is absolutely unforgettable.

Gundam Wing's Starting was fantastic and it might be my favourite starting song ever.

He-Man -- The words stick with you and He-Man punching the TV screen to reveal Lou Shneider's name has always remained with me

Astroboy -- Of course I'd say this but I'm not being byist. Both the Japanese(pretty much the same as the Canadian dub) and Canadian (are the startings different for the Canadian and American dubs?) startings rule. The starting did a great job showing what the show was about.

Cowboy Bebop -- Yoko Kanno -- That's all I need to say

Cowboy Bebop -- Yoko Kanno -- That's all I need to say

SHIT. I fucking forgot Bebop. Yoko Kanno + The Seatbelts = Awesomeness.

Trigun and Excel Saga both have good opening themes too.

The Simpsons

Married With Children

Oz

Tales from The Crypt

Tales from the Darkside

Twilight Zone

ECW's original intro before they started using the generic music mix

Where as Oz is my 2nd favorite show of all time, the opening gets old for me and I just skip it now.

I also loved the Wonderfalls opening...be it the 4 friggin times it aired.