TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

X-Men Producer Talks About X-Men 3

From 411:

X-Men Producer Talks About X-Men 3

Posted By Ashish on 05.10.04

Tons of new details on next film in franchise....

Producer Laura Shula Donner recently spoke with SciFi.com about X-Men 3.

"I just had a conversation with [director] Bryan [singer] today," Donner said. "We just started to talk about what the possibilities are. We're pretty sure Wolverine's going to come back."

Donner also stated that Gambit and Beast will likely make appearances in the film.

"I'm dying to put Beast in," Donner said. "I tried to get Beast in the first one and the second one, but it was always too expensive. So, yeah, I'm really dying to get Beast in, and I'd love to get Gambit in, because he's such a cool guy. And there's some really good casting ideas for Gambit."

As for Halle Berry returning, Donner said the actress does return.

"I certainly hope so, because I love working with her. ... We would only write a big huge role for her, so she's right in that respect, and we would make sure that that would happen."

Donner also stated that the third film will likely follow the Dark Phoenix storyline.

"We will follow it through in some respect, absolutely, yes," she said. "And we love Famke [Janssen] anyway, so, yeah. Well, she's Dark Phoenix. She's Jean Grey."

Any new character but Psylocke works for me. She better stay dead. And they better be on the money with the Dark Phoenix story, otherwise bring on the Sentinels.

"As for Halle Berry returning, Donner said the actress does return."

Whoopie.

*imagines Berry bitching about playing superheroes yet again as she stars in the spiritual successor to Batman and Robin*

Any new character but Psylocke works for me. She better stay dead. And they better be on the money with the Dark Phoenix story, otherwise bring on the Sentinels.

Mmm, dude, Psylocke was the shit. Especially in her tight skimpy leather outfit form. I would cast either Zeta Jones or Belucci as Betsy. Most likely Belucci. ;)

Guest SpiderFan

I wonder if Beast will be the human version or blue and furry? If he's furry, I expect them to go the route of Hulk and make him a pure CGI character.

I must admit, I've NEVER been a fan of Gambit, and would rather he not be in the film.

What kind of update is this, anyway? "We're pretty sure Wolverine's going to be coming back." Pretty sure? He's your whole fucking movie!

Am I the only person who DOESN'T want to see a Blue & Furry Beast on the big screen? I can't think of a way he wouldn't look silly, and what I liked about the x-movies was that, for the most part, they looked BELIEVABLE and serious.

Nightcrawler was done obscenely well, and that wasn't CGI, so I guess I'd like to see how they would try and flesh out Beast and still make it look modern, dark, and cool.

I've been waiting for Gambit for the longest time. Mentioning him in the last movie was merely a cocktease.

Mmm, dude, Psylocke was the shit. Especially in her tight skimpy leather outfit form. I would cast either Zeta Jones or Belucci as Betsy. Most likely Belucci. ;)

Man, no doubt that Psylocke would be nice eye candy on the big screen, but she's a terrible character (english-chinese ninja telepath who could merge with shadows??) Come on, she's better off dead. Now, Zeta-Jones would look hotter than hot playing any character in a tight X-Men outfit, but I'll settle for no Psylocke at all.

Man, no doubt that Psylocke would be nice eye candy on the big screen, but she's a terrible character (english-chinese ninja telepath who could merge with shadows??) Come on, she's better off dead. Now, Zeta-Jones would look hotter than hot playing any character in a tight X-Men outfit, but I'll settle for no Psylocke at all.

yeah, when she's not pregnant like she always seems to be...

I am not so confident that the Bizarre Dark Phoenix saga would translate well on film.

I'm kinda doubting they'll bring the Shi'Ar into the storyline and they'll just to have to come up with a different ending. Also it's impossible to go strictly by the original since Magneto had nothing to do with the orignal storyline and I'm assuming he'll be in the movie. Probably focus on the Hellfire Club part of the story.

Hmm wonder what hottie they'll cast as the White Queen?

Am I the only person who DOESN'T want to see a Blue & Furry Beast on the big screen? I can't think of a way he wouldn't look silly, and what I liked about the x-movies was that, for the most part, they looked BELIEVABLE and serious.

Nightcrawler was done obscenely well, and that wasn't CGI, so I guess I'd like to see how they would try and flesh out Beast and still make it look modern, dark, and cool.

The movies have taken liberties before and still retained the important stuff, I believe. I'd say the X-Men have probably been some the best overall adaptions because of it.

I guess it depends on how much Marvel peeps really would want him to be blue, but either way, I hope he isn't CGI.

Agreed. The opening to X2 with Nightcrawler was just amazing. Bamf.Like.Whoah. But, thankfully, they had an character behind all the flash and CG. Which is why the series is so awesome, and why Bryan Singer is such a good director [least so far as this series is concerned]. The CG is used to tell a story, and not just to be all 'hey, look what we can do!'. 'Course, after the NC intro, the team definetly deserves bragging rights.

Considering all the other effects they'll have in the movie, I doubt they could afford something like the Hulk. Still...I personally think they have enough characters as it is. You can only cram so much into a two-hour-and-a-half movie, after all.

Sentinels > Dark Pheonix

I'm sorry but to do any Bastardized Version of the Pheonix Saga would require multiple movies for a satisfying experience.

They should just push the War between Humanity and the Mutants further for X3. That's been the whole plot of the films so far and has been building up to it nicely. The Sentinels are the PERFECT closing to the Trilogy and they can dispatch certain characters.

To me, they've already introduced characters that can replace the original Characters. And I'm sure in X3 that will continue.

Colossus/Mystique replaces Magneto once he dies.

Gambit replaces Wolverine once he debuts.

Scott replaces Charles.

Iceman,Rogue and various X-Kids replace who ever.

Let Jean stay dead.

Has anyone said this would be the final X-Men movie?

Sure as hell not Singer.

Singer wants two movies for the Dark Phoenix Storyline and then he wants to start the war against the humans after that, probably figuring CGI will be better and perhaps cheaper for Sentinels. Wish I could remember where I saw his interview cause I just stared at it wondering how he plans to do this.

Supposedly filming two movies at the same time and releasing them a year apart.

But I think Singer is just becoming obsessed with the series now. Which is a good thing.

Just wondering.

I'm guessing if they plan on progressing these movies beyond a trilogy there are NO limits to how they run the storylines.

Basically as long as Singer and the actors involved are interested they could turn these into the best series of movies to date.

What they could do is find some big buff guy who can act (Sabretooth maybe?) and get them a HUGE blue fur costume so it to makes them look bigger than they are and just use blue makeup for their face. Would that satisfy anti CGI people?