TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Help me decide who will be the NEW

Who is the new worst band on the planet?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the new worst band on the planet?

• Uncle Kracker
    • 3 Doors Down
    • Nickelback
    • Saliva
    • Godsmack
    • Aerosmith
    • Guns N Roses

Frigid's thinking of Aaron Lewis from Staind, I think.

See how interchangeable these people are? This is why I can't stand this shit.

Aaron Lewis no longer has anything to do with Durst....

He tributes Layne Staley at concerts, Layne was good people.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

I voted for Guns n Roses, only because I have never, EVER liked any of their shit. Axl makes me want to blow my brains out as soon as he opened his mouth.

Nickelback I can stand. I really don't mind sometimes putting on some of their CDs and just letting it spin. I prefer older stuff to their newer, put in general, I give em a C, and move on.

3 Doors Down is probably the one band I'm pissed is on the list. Are they a 5 star band? Oh hells no. But live, they kick some serious ass. Blasted the living shit out of the Orpheum. Always nice to sit in front of the speakers too. Couldn't hear worth shit for the next couple of days.

Now, for the band that should have won, hands down, and why they're not here continues to amaze me: TANTRIC. Holy fucking death. Talk about Nickelback having the same song? What about "Breakdown" and "Hey Now"? They're the exact SAME FUCKING SONG.

Other God Awful Bands:

The White Stripes. I want to take tire iron and bash all their skulls in.

Dashboard Confessional. Nothing else needs to be said.

Puddle of Mudd. Thirty times worse than anything besides Tantric.

I swear, if Tantric were here, they'd sweep the awards. Here's a story about 'em:

I went to the 3 Doors Down show in Boston in January. Shinedown opened, and did a bunch of stuff that was far better than their single. Couple technical difficulties with wireless mikes, but it wound up working out. So my buddy and I are waiting for Tantric, who was the midcard performance. When they come out, they came out to DEAD SILENCE. Maybe thirty people cheered, including myself and my buddy, who stood up and gave them a mock round of applause. Everyone in the balcony behind us are yelling at us, "Shut the fuck up and sit your ass down! Tantric SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!" It was amazing. And then, as true Bostonians should, we took a collective dump on their back-to-back shittiness combo of "breakdown" and "Hey Now." Made my day.

Puddle of Mudd.

Thankfully I don't listen to the radio so I don't even know the difference between Puddle of Mud, Slipknot, Saliva, Stained, etc., etc.

I have to agree with the sentiment that 3 Doors Down doesn't deserve to be on this list. Not at all.

I have to agree with the sentiment that 3 Doors Down doesn't deserve to be on this list. Not at all.

Theyre one of the most bland, plastic, stale, lame bands in recorded history. of course theyve earned a spot on this list.

I'd never even heard of 3 Doors Down until I was given an album of theirs to review for my student newspaper last year. They very much deserve to be on the list, much more than Saliva. At least Saliva have the decency to write catchy songs and rock out occasionally, 3 Doors Down are just tedious.

Still better than Godsmack, mind.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Do any of you actually use your eardrums? Have you heard that Superman song by 3 Doors Down? If you have, you wouldn't be defending them.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I have to agree with the sentiment that 3 Doors Down doesn't deserve to be on this list.  Not at all.

Theyre one of the most bland, plastic, stale, lame bands in recorded history. of course theyve earned a spot on this list.

And yet... they're not SLIPKNOT bad.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

Hmm...guess I have, and well, I like 'em. Tough shit. If you'd like to talk about plasticky, gimmicked, lameass bands, look no further than such gems like Tantric, Three Days Grace, Smile Empty Soul, Good Charlotte (another band I'm amazed didn't make the list), and yes, I'll say it, because I think they fucking blow for some of the worst vocals, along with one of the grossest excuses for bass ever:

Korn.

That's peculiar, because they had Uncle Karcker on Howard Stern a couple weeks back with Fred Durst. They were asking Durst who he slept with and Durst said "If you don't believe me ask Kracker, he was there", like the blithering idiot that Uncle Karcker is he sat there with the smile of a gascious baby and giggled each time.

Uncle Kracker was, and still is, I believe, the DJ in Kid Rock's Twisted Brown Trucker Band. I'm not sure, but I think Kracker has been with Kid since The Polyfuse Method. Don't quote me on that though.

Aaron Lewis is Fred's lackey. Someone gave Fred a copy of Tormented and he was appalled by the cover, so he signed them, then they released Dysfunction. By the way, DJ Lethal is Fred's DJ. How he went from House of Pain to Limp Bizkit saddens me.

Guest Choken One

Too Add...

Staind used to be a good decent rock band with The tormented and Dysfunction album.

Then Lewis decided to turn the band to Journey 2.0 (good business move as Been Awhile and Outside and others were big hits)...

This band has gotten so many BAD concert reviews and many good reviews...so I can't really gauge how their live show is...and im not willing to test it out.

Guest MissMattitude

Why aren't Coldplay on the list, they're the the most boring band in the entire world. Mind you, Keane are getting there, didn't they top the album charts over here :gas:

I like Saliva, G n R and Aerosmith.

I can tolerate Nickelback.

I have never heard Three Doors Down (I have heard of them).

I LOATHE Uncle fucking Kracker, so he's my pick.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

They're socially irrelevant, though, and I never hear them on the radio anymore, due to the fact that they've been ostracized by most of their original target audience

Why aren't Coldplay on the list..?

Because I've heard one Coldplay song ever, and it was that stupid Yellow fucker. They might be a persistent annoyance over there, but in America, there were a one quasi-hit wonder. Keane is worse. I've heard two of their songs, and I'll not listen to another if I can help it.

Because I've heard one Coldplay song ever, and it was that stupid Yellow fucker. They might be a persistent annoyance over there, but in America, there were a one quasi-hit wonder. Keane is worse. I've heard two of their songs, and I'll not listen to another if I can help it.

THANKYOU. Seriously, if you are an adult and listen to keane, you can just fuck off, fuck off, fuck off, fuck off. You deserve to be shot. Fuck off. I wuld give better insight as it is a gimmick of mine and I rule at giving it, but I'm near through a bottle of casillero del diablo and you can fuck off.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Coldplay shockingly doesn't nearly annoy me as much as most. Possibly because I don't listen to the radio nor choose to watch their videos. All that aside, it is their more ballad-type tracks that catch my attention. Their "rockier" songs really have little to be desired for.

Guest FrigidSoul

I still have yet to listen to a single song by them. It appears that most of their target audince however are depressed teen girls ages 15-18(since those are the ones I constantly hear saying "You gotta listen to them!").

Okay, I gotta defend my local boys. Tantric is hardly the worst band on earth, they aren't all that amazing but they do have one song that is excellent in my view: Mourning.

Someone else said Korn earlier and I certainly echo those sentiments that they should be on this list. I mean, Korn is one of the few bands that just has NOTHING going for them. Most of the bands listed here are perhaps dull or tedious, but they for the most part have some decenct aspects (even GNR, who I voted for at times aren't entirely awful....the band itself isn't wretched it's mainly Axl). But Korn? Horrible singer? Check. Incompetent, out of tune playing? Check. Bad songwriting? Check. And yes, the worst bassist in the world.

The only reason I might not vote for Korn is because I find them so sublimely bad that they become funny.

Guest FrigidSoul

Blind and Klown were good songs. I can't say that I've ever heard anything else by KoRn that I enjoy.

Before going off to fights in my highschool days I would listen Klown or Sweating Bullets by MEGADETH

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
They're socially irrelevant, though, and I never hear them on the radio anymore, due to the fact that they've been ostracized by most of their original target audience

Down here, it's thought that Coldplay are still marketable when Yellow was the only song that anyone actually gave a shit about. You hear Clocks and others played over the radio, repetitively, but they're not going to hit again like they did with Yellow.

Unless they do what everyone else does - 'Hit, not much hype, leave, comeback with a hit'. And by that time, everybody hates you. I guess it's just up to them.

Guest MissMattitude
Clocks is the only song tolerable by Coldplay...

Muse on the other hand...

Now, I really like Muse, they don't sound like most generic rubbish that you hear on the radio nowadays.

And anyone outside of the UK, feel lucky, we have Coldplay ALL the time.

Guest Choken One

Down here, it's thought that Coldplay are still marketable when Yellow was the only song that anyone actually gave a shit about. You hear Clocks and others played over the radio, repetitively, but they're not going to hit again like they did with Yellow.

Unless they do what everyone else does - 'Hit, not much hype, leave, comeback with a hit'. And by that time, everybody hates you. I guess it's just up to them.

That's odd.

I think i heard CLOCKS more then Yellow on the radio.

Also...I agree CLOCKS and maybe "Trouble" are coldplays only bearable songs.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

That's odd.

I think i heard CLOCKS more then Yellow on the radio.

Also...I agree CLOCKS and maybe "Trouble" are coldplays only bearable songs.

Here, the odd thing is, they were more successful with Yellow, but Clocks is getting more airplay right now.

And where's the subtle joke in there? ;)