TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace309

Hey, remember that time we established an SWF...

Let's do it again! Hoo-hah~!

E-Wrestling Universe. Judge in particular had a great time posting silly rumors and news, and I remember it being a lot of fun participating.

So come on, folks! Board registrations are open again, so let's get our name out there!

I figured as much. Although, does someone wanna fill me in on the Blazenwing situation? I didn't want to ask in the main folder and clutter it with any drama, but what's the deal with him?

Blazenwing had a rookie episode where he posted losing matches and, at least on one occasion, insisted that his match was better than the match that won. Not that unusual for rookies, but he was unusually persistent. Can't speak for anyone else, but I tried to give JLers/rookies as much feedback as possible, although some of them didn't take it to heart.

He took his complaints about the alleged glass ceiling into the storylines, in which he challenged Crow (the then-JL Champion) to a match despite his curtain-jerker status. He performed admirably - didn't win the match, but wrote a hell of a losing match and the situation, as I recall, more or less resolved itself.

Later, at another e-fedding community, I was shilling the SWF and he posted in the shill thread to complain that the markers were biased against him. I don't remember if that was before or after he retired from the SJL.

And, finally, later, Thoth tooled on him in IM for borrowing one of our stipulations, which a lot of people still find amusing but I thought was kind of tiresome and unnecessary.

None of this has any bearing on what he does in his matches, but I hope it sort of explains the short tempers some of us are showing out of character toward any hint of the "biased markers" crap.

Blazenwing had a rookie episode where he posted losing matches and, at least on one occasion, insisted that his match was better than the match that won. Not that unusual for rookies, but he was unusually persistent. Can't speak for anyone else, but I tried to give JLers/rookies as much feedback as possible, although some of them didn't take it to heart.

He took his complaints about the alleged glass ceiling into the storylines, in which he challenged Crow (the then-JL Champion) to a match despite his curtain-jerker status. He performed admirably - didn't win the match, but wrote a hell of a losing match and the situation, as I recall, more or less resolved itself.

Later, at another e-fedding community, I was shilling the SWF and he posted in the shill thread to complain that the markers were biased against him. I don't remember if that was before or after he retired from the SJL.

And, finally, later, Thoth tooled on him in IM for borrowing one of our stipulations, which a lot of people still find amusing but I thought was kind of tiresome and unnecessary.

None of this has any bearing on what he does in his matches, but I hope it sort of explains the short tempers some of us are showing out of character toward any hint of the "biased markers" crap.

Yeah, I was an ass back then. I'm sorry for all that trouble. I just want to have fun and be in SWF now that I think I've actually improved slightly, though that's up to all of you.

BTW, I thought the shill incident was before the match w/ Crow, but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. :lol:

So yeah, I really am sorry for everything that happened in the past. I'm trying REALLY hard to endear myself to the fedders here and make up for all the stuff in the past, but some people *cough*Spike*cough* don't seem to want to let the past go. IT'S BEEN A YEAR. GET OVER IT! I made mistakes, and now I'm trying to atone for them. What more can you ask for?

(Sorry if I came off sounding a bit harsh at the end there, but it's tough to enjoy oneself in any fed when people are constantly belittling you, deserved or not.)

Yeah, some people are jerks. Shocking, isn't it?

Ignore them. It's easier. People who were actively disliked have gotten to be popular fed members by just not trying too hard (Chris Wilson? Chris Wilson, I'm looking at you...), so relax.

Let's do it again! Hoo-hah~!

E-Wrestling Universe. Judge in particular had a great time posting silly rumors and news, and I remember it being a lot of fun participating.

So come on, folks! Board registrations are open again, so let's get our name out there!

*sodomises Mel Gibson with a piece of coral*

People who were actively disliked have gotten to be popular fed members by just not trying too hard

*coughstubbypottsmcweedcough*

:huh:

So yeah, I really am sorry for everything that happened in the past. I'm trying REALLY hard to endear myself to the fedders here and make up for all the stuff in the past, but some people *cough*Spike*cough* don't seem to want to let the past go. IT'S BEEN A YEAR. GET OVER IT! I made mistakes, and now I'm trying to atone for them. What more can you ask for?

(Sorry if I came off sounding a bit harsh at the end there, but it's tough to enjoy oneself in any fed when people are constantly belittling you, deserved or not.)

You apologized. Said it would never happen again. I have no beef with you.

I didn't feel you'd appreciate being thrown in with Ace Lezaire liking death metal and mark Stevens naming his son after an Al Snow gag. :)

I didn't feel you'd appreciate being thrown in with Ace Lezaire liking death metal and mark Stevens naming his son after an Al Snow gag. :)

The Necrowizard > *

CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Johnny Dangerous © vs. "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins

- Spike's return from injury sparked a more serious, mat-based style for everyone's favorite stoner. "I've got the munchies for gold," he said, as he prepared to break out his new style against the SWF's resident secret agent. Sadly, many fans are seeing only the gimmicks while these two excellent wrestlers face off.

(Y)

Ah, I was friggin' KING of rumors. :D Here's my original column. I might start it up again since I've been getting more and more time as of late.

"Inside the Ring: Smarks Junior Leagues" with Kellen Arenalt

The SJL enters into Empire Feds!

Yes, the SJL has officially entered into Empire Feds, an inter-federation alliance/competition group. Ready to compete against the best out there, the Smarks Junior Leagues will be going up against such federations as XWF, wCa, IWL, GWO, and even it's own parent fed, the SWF itself! Indeed it should be interesting how the talent of the SJL, many of who are lacking the experience that most other wrestlers have, will stack up. But Commissioner Chris Raynor of the SJL isn't worried one bit. "Since we lack any set PPVs in the JL, we have to make each show something to be remembered. That means each man and woman goes out there and fights like everything is on the line every time, not just for a big PPV. I think that gives us a big one-up in the ratings war because we can deliver PPV action on free T.V. all the time, unlike other feds." With classic gimmick matches like Mall Brawls, exotic venues, and wrestlers out to make a name for themselves, the SJL is definitely ready to take the top spot in Empire Feds, even if that means taking on its older brother, the SWF!

SJL vs. The World?

In the last few months the SJL has had quite possibly the biggest influx of international wrestling superstars in longest while. With people like English Dragon, Tim Dillon (Ireland), Danny Conklin (Ireland), Aecas (England), Dominic Korgath (American, but has spent much of his career in Japan), Chris Trepanier (Canada), Craig McClennan (Canada), and Viktor Tarakanov (Russia), the Smarks Junior Leagues is certainly a melting pot of cultures, and the SJL management is quite proud of it. "We send out dozens of scouts looking for these people who would probably never get a chance to come over here and show their talents," says Alex Zenon, director of talent, "Plus it gives us a great mix of styles, which really differentiates us from the competition. If you don't want to see a mat worker or a hardcore guy, we can supply power guys, cruiser weights, shoot fighters, suplex machines, the whole mix. It really makes every match a must watch because you never know how two guys are going fight each other; it's always different."

Another Superstar Moves On…

Congratulations to Charlie "The Grappler" Matthews for being called up to the Smarks Wrestling Federation, the parent league of the SJL. While most "bumpees" are given the call at PPVs, Charlie was given an interim bump, the first one in a long time. After a successful JL career with only a total of 16 wins and 2 losses, Grappler is one of the few who had to be stripped of the World Title belt rather than losing it. The SJL Management would like to wish him luck in his endeavors in the SWF.

In an interesting sidenote, Viktor Tarakanov supposedly expressed extreme displeasure in the fact that he would not get to face Grappler for his World Title shot, which had originally been scheduled for the last Metal. From this reporter's insider sources, he supposedly burst into the office of Chris Raynor, current JL Commissioner, cursing in Russian for a full 10 minutes before explaining the problem. More than a bit peeved at the outburst, Raynor stripped him of his Contendership, which is why he was fighting Leo Breslin instead of the World Title match on Wrath.

Who is next?

With Charlie Matthews being bumped, it's a guessing game at who is the next to be bumped. The race is on, but there is no sure frontrunner at the moment. Here's a rundown of each candidate:

John Duran: The new World Champion is definitely a favorite at the moment, holding one of the keys to being bumped: the SJL World Title. While he's been getting wins and losses with almost the same amount of frequency, since forming Urban Decay with the help of Commissioner Chris Raynor he looks poised to dominate anyone who gets in his way.

Aecas: Coming back after an extended wrestling tour in his native England, the Black Angel has come back with a vengeance, handily beating much of the competition thrown at him. He suffered a hard loss on Wrath to John Duran, but will one loss be able to stop this Dark Angel from finally ascending to the top spot?

Manson: A familiar face in the SJL, Manson has been often looked-upon as a "SWFer in SJLer's Clothing", someone who definitely has the skills to be in the upper leagues, but just hasn't shined yet. After a few lackluster comebacks that were cut short due to personal problems and differences with management, it seems as though the man may be here to stay, which begs the question: Will this old dog finally have his day?

Viktor Tarakanov: A man with an explosive streak in the ring and an equally explosive temper, he's one of the very few to hold victories over both the former Champion and the current champion. Tarakanov let his temper get the best of him and single-handedly cost himself his own title shot, but he's sure to be a Main Event fixture with the loss of Matthews. Can the Red Rage keep just that under control long enough to earn himself a spot in the SWF?

Wildcards: Something the SJL is definitely full of at the moment. English Dragon and Bloodshed have shown incredible explosiveness right out of the gates, with Bloodshed seizing the Euro and Dragon quickly moving up to that status. The great prospect of Scott Solomon has seemed to fallen dead in the water, but with his entry into Urban Decay, Solomon may finally have the motivation to excel to his fullest.

The New Voices of the SJL!

Indeed, we must say goodbye to the Suicide King and Axis from the announcing bench. King had asked to be replaced because of his role as Commissioner of the WF taking up too much time, while Axis asked for an extend time off from announcing. The lovable Australian will most likely return as a road agent and a talent scout around October.

The new team of "The Judge" William Hearford, Ejiro Fasaki, and Annie Eclectic was chosen as the replacement team. Hearford and Fasaki, also known as the dominant tag team of Justice and Rule, were brought in due to their exemplary speaking ability and vast knowledge of wrestling. The third member, Annie Eclectic, was added in as a balance to the two, and combined with her past skirmishes with the two, her lasting popularity in the eyes of fans, and her great speaking skills made her a perfect choice. So far the team seems to blend very well despite being a bit of a oddball combination, but only time will tell how long they will last together.

Injury Reports, Vacations, Training Camp

Spike Jenkins is still on extended vacation out in the Caribbean, and it's not sure as to when his exact return should be.

Shawn Tybalt was injured at a house show a few weeks ago, suffering from a stress fracture in the leg. The injury is thankfully minor, and the former SJL T.V. Champ should be returning to action soon enough.

Jonathan Clarke, not pleased with his own work in his last few matches, has volunteered himself for a training stint under fellow British Wrestler and SWF Superstar Dace Night. Clarke has told us that he feels as if he's been improving greatly, but isn't even contemplating a return yet, saying "When I come back, I want to come back ready for the World Title, and I'm just not there yet."

Jimmy "The Demon" Liston took a mean fall at a house show following Wrathapalooza, suffering a slight concussion as his head bounced off the ground. He should be coming back soon, but the SJL Medical team is taking their time, making sure that he's fully recovered to minimize the chance of the injury resurfacing down the road.

Releases

The SJL has officially released Mark Kinxx, saying that there were too many differences between him and management. Originally thought to be someone who could be the next Mankind, a complex wrestler who could make people think, the SJL quickly found out that he was neither complex, a wrestler, or capable of thought. Unimpressed with his promos (To which one road agent remarks "That is, if you considering running around the ring and yelling "I LOVE PEANUTS" at the top of your lungs a promo…") or his taste in music ("License ICP for theme music? Christ, he's crazier than we all thought…"), the SJL quickly demoted him to dark matches. Still not even able to get a reaction in dark matches, the JL was incredibly thankful when the up-and-comer Bloodshed showed up. After this the SJL soon released Kinxx, and he now is reportedly living with his parents while "between jobs".

Another drop is also Tokyo X, another foreigner looked to show great promise. Unfortunately, Tokyo proved otherwise. While having solid promoing abilities, road workers quickly found out that he lacked any knowledge of in ring work. With his incredible lack of actual wrestling ability (Reportedly botching a drop toe hold in a dark match by trying to actually grab the jobber's foot), the road workers found that he wasn't very receptive to their comments. Apparently very high on himself, there were quite a few shouting matches between him and the Memphis Eel, often leading to bloodied Tokyo X being carried away by medical crews. With these disputes and an obvious lack of wrestling talent, the SJL decided to drop him, and wishes him well in whatever career he decides to take.

Finally, Doug Sienkenwicz was released due to problems dealing with Indy fed appearances. Doug appeared to be very promising and has not ruled out a return in the future, but both he and management felt it would be mutually beneficial that he leave for a bit. We wish him the best and hope to see him in the near future.

My old rumored Genesis Card...

Rumored Genesis Card!

Yes, right from our backstage contacts in the SWF, a rough copy of the Genesis IV Card! This card may be subject to some change, but right now it looks pretty set in stone.

Opener: John Duran vs. Ejiro Fasaki for the US Title

- This Lockdown, John Duran, incensed with his lose to Wildchild, will attack Ejiro Fasaki, his current 'manager'. After seeing the beatdown, the Suicide King will come out and tell Ejiro that he has to either face Duran at Genesis for the US Title or lose his 'managerial' status with Wildchild. Obviously Ejiro accepts, and the match is made. Apparently this will be the first victory in a big push up the card for John Duran as the US Title is taken out of the Fasaki/Wildchild Feud, with Ejiro demanding that Wildchild give up his belt to him, leading to a final blowoff at Ashes to Ashes.

Tag Team Titles "American Gladiators" Match: Birds of a Feather vs. Double Jeopardy

- After winning the Contendership from the Unholy Trinity, Dante Crane faces off against Quiz to see who gets to decide the stipulation at G4. Dante says that he'll pick a Tables match, while Quiz holds back on his choice. At the match, Quiz (Through interference of Show) is able to beat Dante, and immediately grabs a mic, telling him that it will be an "American Gladiators" match. Next show, the whole stip is explained, and the match is set for G4. In it, Birds of a Feather will lose after Crow takes a fall off the top of the Eliminator, allowing Quiz and Show to hit "X for the Block" on Dante for the victory.

#1 Contendership for the ICTV Title

- After beating Johnny on Storm, Bastion is set up for a match against Mak Francis. In the match Bastion DQs himself after hitting the ref in one of his rages. With Mak nearly dead from the match, Bastion pulls Mak up to the Top rope, preparing to give him a Chokeslam to the outside when none other than CIA runs down with a chair to stop him. On the next show, Thugg thanks the Canadian for stopping his brother from killing Mak, and rewards him with an ICTV Contendership match… against Bastion! The Thugg says it's nothing against him, but he thinks he's one of the few guys who can really give his bro a good fight, and CIA accepts wholeheartedly. At Genesis, CIA is scheduled to lose after nearly edging out a victory against the giant, but Bastion wins with the Thugg Passion, moving onto a short feud with Mak Francis.

Hardcore Title Match: D@mnation in a Box II: Wildchild vs. Dace vs. Va'aiga vs. Johnny Dangerous

- After losing their Contendership for the tag titles on Storm, the two tag teammates decide to go back to what they do best: Hardcore. They immediately ask King for a Hardcore shot, which he initially denies… until he realizes something. Saying to spark buyrates, the SWF must embrace the brutality of Horrorcore, and therefore he orders the second D@mnation in a Box (The match takes place in a hell in a cell setup, with barbed wire wrapped around it. C4 explosive is also attached to the cell, causing a small explosion with each collision. At the top of the cell, there are weapons that will fall to the ring every 3 minutes, and be legal. The match can be won through pinfall, submission, a 10 count, or the opponent losing consciousness) match. But this time, its gonna be 4 people! Wildchild, Dace, Va'aiga, and a mystery opponent. The next show, the mystery opponent reveals himself as Johnny Dangerous, WC's former partner. At G4, Wildchild barely survives to retain his Hardcore title after pinning Dace with a Wilddriver onto a chair covered in tacks.

Battle for the Commissionership: Grand Slam vs. Suicide King

- At G4, it's almost exactly like From the Fire 2002, with the crooked ref, blatant cheating, and other such goodies provided by the Suicide King. But they don't prove enough, as Eddy Long (The Ref) gets knocked out with an errant chairshot from the King of Hearts, allowing a returning Edwin MacPhisto to run in and hit a Union Jack on King, with Thugg in a referee shirt making the count himself! This should lead to a huge Edwin/King program which it seems that the writers are very 'hush-hush' on.

ICTV Title Match: Mak Francis vs. Andrew Blackwell

- This is set up in a tease of Mak turning heel and joining Andrew Blackwell's "Andrew Blackwell Project". On Lockdown, Blackwell announces that Mak is to be his first convert, and on the next show he wins an ICTV Title shot against Xero for the shot at Genesis. While Mak is teased to turn heel, he stays his own man, throwing down Andrew to stay the ICTV Champ.

And the Main Event!

"The Judge" William Hearford vs. Michael Craven vs. Tom "Superior One" Flesher

- On Lockdown, the Main Event goes to a draw when both men fall from the top rope to the outside, getting counted out. Immediately noting that this leaves the title shot in contention, it is decide that BOTH of them will go onto Genesis. When there, the Judge is supposed to turn face, almost winning but instead getting pinned by Flesher for the retention, leading into a Justice/Flesher feud up until Ashes to Ashes.

Sadly, I can't find my famous promo with Janus and Mel Gibson and coral sodomization. :(