TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Czech Republic

D2

My friends and I watched this heartwarming Disney classic of how Emilio Estevez leads a scrappy bunch of kids from the Twin Cities, with some help from new friends, past corporate evil and Aryan prototypes to capture the gold, and our hearts.

If you haven't seen this movie in a while, I think you should. It's always interesting to look back on these sorts of things. Cool touch: Minnesota North Stars paraphernalia scattered about the scenes in the Twin Cities.

But the scene that made us laugh the most was the part where they're at the party in Malibu. That guy from LA Law and Shining Time Station introduces Gordon to Cam Neely, Chris Chelios, and Luc Robitaille, the first two just hangin' out and lookin' cool. The latter is just staring off into space with no discernible clue that he's on the set of "D2: The Mighty Ducks." I think maybe he says "hi" really quietly, but for the rest of the time, poor Luc just looks bewildered.

And then there's Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I believe that any scene in a movie that has Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in it is automatically that movie's best scene. There's this hilarious throwaway dialogue between the two, who are sitting out on the deck by the ocean, which goes kind of like this:

Gordon Bombay: "So what I'm going for is a combination of a sneaker, and a loafer, for kids who want to coach."

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: "And you think there's going to be a market for this?"

Gordon Bombay: "Yeah, I do."

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: "Interesting."

Great film. Maybe the Ducks would've beaten Jersey last June if Paul, Jean-Sebastien, and the boys got some advice from a street-smart black kid.

What a coincidence...

Those Mighty Ducks movies were fun as hell. Whatever happened to credible family comedies about kids' sports?

This was the end of them.

Then they made D3, which focused on DEFENSIVE HOCKEY~! and killed the crowds as a result.

Unless you count 'Hardball' with Keanu Reeves, or as he called it "I'm being paid in CASH right?"

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
Unless you count 'Hardball' with Keanu Reeves, or as he called it "I'm being paid in CASH right?"

:lol:

Hardball was nothing original, but it was, again, fun.

It didn't make the theatres did it?

It was in theatres for about 5 months, and made 40 mil or so (imdb).

I hated it because it should have been called "Hardball: THE BAD NEWS BEARS 2001"

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

It was riddled with cliches - 'Overcoming bad neighborhood', 'reluctant coach', 'trying to get the girl', 'shocking death' - and those are just some of the big ones, and that took away from it overall.

It broke zero ground.

The knuckle puck absolutely owns you.

D2 is one of my favorite movies. Easily the best of the series.

Guest JMA

Weren't the Dudley Boyz' taped up glasses inspired by one of "The Mighty Ducks" movies?

Weren't the Dudley Boyz' taped up glasses inspired by one of "The Mighty Ducks" movies?

No. They were based off the movie Slapshot, IIRC.

And fuck you Rudo. Ghetto kids love street hockey and they all wear proper equipment while playing and everyone clears out of the way for a knucklepuck and if a player dresses as a goalie but then takes off his helmet and gets a new stick and shoots from his blue line nobody will go after him. You fucktard, you have never played hockey. The Mighty Ducks are great.

<_<

FUCK YOU!

Ghetto Kids fucking hate hockey and the only white stuff they see is CRACK CO-CAINE and the only ice they talk about is the B-LING B-LING. It's as realistic as a homeless teenager with a mighty fast slapshot.

For your information, I was walking to work yesterday and saw a couple homeless kids practicing their slap shots. Al MacInnis had nothing on those fuckers. And these were the 8-9 year olds. Imagine the 16 year olds! Goddamn. Those motherfuckers would fuck some shit up at an international tournament, especially if they had some street smart kids teach them random plays and shots.

There obviously was/is. Didn't you watch the movie?

Emilio Estevez going insane in Duckberg's office and screaming QUACK QUACK QUACK is one of the coolest things ever.

By "coolest things ever" you mean "mind-numbingly retarded" then I agree. *Shoots puck so hard that it leaves an imprint in Tawrens hand*, *Trips various posters from behind and the refs don't call it*, *does Triple Deek* ... the movie sucks the ass.

Guest SP-1

I remember seeing D2 in the theater when I was a kid. Some friends and I went to see it. We, for some strange reason, were actually caught up in the movie and cheered at parts during the big game.

Guest Choken One

damn...you had thinking there was gonna be a 4TH duck movie...

They should...

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
FUCK YOU!

Ghetto Kids fucking hate hockey and the only white stuff they see is CRACK CO-CAINE and the only ice they talk about is the B-LING B-LING. It's as realistic as a homeless teenager with a mighty fast slapshot.

Fun fact:

That is TheSmartMarks Ignorant Post Of The Week.

Congrats, you should be proud... ;)

It was just the same movie 3 times.

First movie...they get their asses kicked by the good team only to overcome all their obsticals and win dramaticaly in the end.

Second movie...they get their asses kicked by the good team only to overcome all their obsticals and win dramaticaly in the end.

Third movie...they get their asses kicked by the good team only to overcome all their obsticals and win dramaticaly in the end.

Damn, they didn't even try and be creative.

And in the 3rd one. The coach goes from complete dickhead to start...then you find out he has a crippled kid, and now all of a sudden he's a great guy who doesn't act a bit like he did earlier.

And wouldn't the people behind the olympics be pissed that they completly ditch the red, white, and blue to completly change their uniforms and team name? They stopped representing a country to go back to their D-5 name.

And it was just bullocks with the goalie switch for one shot...even when I was younger I thought "that's retarded."

thinking about these movies is pissing me off now

Guest Choken One

I love the Mighty Ducks references Pacey made in Dawson...

One scene in particular

"The Detention Episode"

Dawson: This is turning into the breakfast club

Pacey: The movie with the dude from the Mighty Ducks? That ruled!