TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyboy

ESPN NFL 2K5 Thread

Guest Unwritten Religion

Just got the game and well..... I HATE IT.

For now, that is. My problem with the game is that it loads TOO LONG! For ex. I Started a game with my Colts vs Raiders, and it took like 5 Min. to start. And when it started, the sound starts to repeat. And after Edgerin James got tackle, the fucking game froze.

So I reset it and started the franchise with the Lions, and soon as I started Sportscenter, It took like 6 Fucking min. to load! So to any of you who have it, did this happen to you when you first played it?

Guest acnx

For now, that is. My problem with the game is that it loads TOO LONG! For ex. I Started a game with my Colts vs Raiders, and it took like 5 Min. to start. And when it started, the sound starts to repeat. And after Edgerin James got tackle, the fucking game froze.

So I reset it and started the franchise with the Lions, and soon as I started Sportscenter, It took like 6 Fucking min. to load! So to any of you who have it, did this happen to you when you first played it?

Nothing like that has happened for me, in fact, the load times seem to be pretty fast.

Take that sum'bitch back.

That's not the game, that is your system.

Guest Unwritten Religion

That's not the game, that is your system.

It might be, becuse I had the system since December 2001. And plus I've been playing MLB Baseball from 10:00 in the morning to 2:30 in the Afternoon. So i guess it needed its rest.

I have to say..this game, is still as awesome as it was when I first put it in. Just got to the SuperBowl for the first time..as the Patriots. The introduction and all..the jets..that's awesome.

And for those that want to know...it's last years super bowl all over again, turned out to be Patriots/Panthers.

But just now...as in about 1 min ago..first play of the game....Delhomme gets tackled...and:o out for the game! On the first play of the Superbowl! That has to suck. But I might want to shut up before something happens to my guys.

My created QB had the worst game of his rookie career against the Titans.

He passed for 304 yards, 2 TDs but had 6 interceptions. Geez...

Oh yeah Michael Turner is still hitting the 200 yard mark every game.

I'm easing into it... I'm starting to see the holes in the line when they open up... still trying to get the passing game down, but I am making progress... and my first exhibition game I crushed the Cardinals, 34-3.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you have a PS2?

This game is really optimized for the Xbox, but it sounds more like what's happening to you is just a defective copy or defective system.

Just a quick question...can someone give me a rundown of what exactly NFL combine is during the offseason? :/ I just see a lot of up and down arrows and stuff, and am just....yea.

So can someone explain that part of the off season?

Just a quick question...can someone give me a rundown of what exactly NFL combine is during the offseason? :/ I just see a lot of up and down arrows and stuff, and am just....yea.

So can someone explain that part of the off season?

The up and down arrows are the stock of the player, if it's down then other scouts and Kiper are down on them. If the arrow is up, it means the player is moving up but that may not mean too much.

Basically, this involves you to think about what you want. If you want, there is a draft board that lists the top 25 players for you.

Guest GreatMuta

Man, I've just been playing this non stop for about a week, but have had some questionable trades...especially the way Miami screwed themselves.

They traded WR Chris Chamber, for some Guard(forget his name), and then they traded AJ Feeley for FB Deon Dryer. I had the perfect year, won the Super Bowl with my Eagles against the Texans.

Now in the off-season, Miami needs a good QB, but they just get another running back that they do not need, while the Chargers pick up the quaterback they should have gotten in the first place.

Anyone have any surprises in your game?

Mine had to be...

The Texans winning their Division, and beating New England in the AFC Championship.

Carolina going only 4-12, along with the Raiders.

Ben Roethlisberger passing for 4000+ yards

And David Carr winning the MVP award.

No.

Mine has worked perfectly, for me.

I'm having this same problem. I'm gonna have to get another system... maybe an X-Box.

Why is it my people seem to just lose points every week for the preperation?

Should there be 80% position drills and 20% various exercises or 50% exercises or what?

I just don't get it, everyone goes down every time.

Should there be 80% position drills and 20% various exercises or 50% exercises or what?

You could be overworking them.

Do you make them watch game film as well?

What about 7-on-7 drills?

Scrimmages?

You're probaly not doing enough...

I know that was the case with me. Look a page or a few back at Fliks training thing...that helped greatly. You can base off of that, and change however you want because like he said, that improves stats but can cause injuries, but that could be used just to give you an idea. It helped my guys (Y)..

But in the end I just turned prep off, it was a hassle, although it does add to the realism of the game.

Guest Unwritten Religion

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you have a PS2?

This game is really optimized for the Xbox, but it sounds more like what's happening to you is just a defective copy or defective system.

Yep.

So I played it this morning and it works, except when I play a game the step-motherfucking sound keeps repeating and the screen freezes for like 20 seconds, but other then that, it's just fine.

So started my franchise with the colts, and just whoop the Pats ass(34-7, With James getting 175 Rushing yards and 4 TD's). Bus I sim all games and we didn't make the Playoffs, Being 8-8(But Payton getting the MVP award with 44 Touchdowns).

But here's what I hate.....

It's time for resigning, and everyone of my fucking Free Agents want big fucking money! All of them wanted 15-20 Million.

But overall, good game, and I guess I'll either have to get a new PS2 or a X-BOX.

I'm having the same problems, but for some reason, it makes executing plays impossible. I'll mash on X until I die, but the time clock will just wind down. It's fucking frustrating, because all other aspects seem to be working fine.

I tried ESPN 2k4, and it worked fine. So I'm at a loss. The disc does have scratches, but except for a select few, I've taken care of them all TWICE.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

you know what sucks?

I ship out to basic training in two days, and I just got my copy of ESPN 2K5

....bring me some caffeine, i'm pulling an all nighter

This game is phenomenal, but I can only play it at my friend's house since I let him borrow my X-Box for the summer (no cable, no computer, nada). He's an adventure/RPG/fighting game guy, so he despises when I want to play PGR2 or 2K5, but that's tough. Too dull and not enough control over the game my ass.

I haven't done anything but create a VIP profile and play quick match games, so I can't say anything about the customization and all that.

The gameplay itself is fabulous, even if I'm having a hard time getting a consistent passing game going (I've always been a bigger fan of the run game). The music at Adelphia Coliseum is great, I discovered when I played as the Titans once. And the "Go Pack Go" is present at Lambeau, so I'm happy.

I won't be able to say how good or bad it really is until I can sink my teeth into the entire game.

For the PS2 you pretty much need the Hard Drive to really enjoy this game.

You actually think that? :huh:

I bought the HDD the day after I got this game...mainly cuz I had been wanting one for a while anyways. And I find myself not even using it...

I used it once or twice to play someone online in a game, where they exited because I was destroying them. And I played a game or two on NBA live..where I found out I can get slaughtered also lmao :|...but other then that, haven't really used it yet.

What other things does it add? other then from what I understand you get vid clips for the half time/end of game rundown...and that's not really that big of a thing.

Well, think I experienced my first big problem..and it sucks. I can't get pas the NFL entry draft screen. :( For some reason every time I get to it...I can't go anywhere else..and it does sound like the music's skipping. Hadn't really had to many problems until that..

Once and for all, will roster updates be available for PS2 using the Network Adapter?

The Original Weekly Preparation works really well:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/e...weekly_prep.txt

Guest Kageho
The Original Weekly Preparation works really well:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/e...weekly_prep.txt

You can't hotlink stuff from Gamefaqs.

So I've actually taken the time to copy and paste it in thsi thread for you.

[V. The Original Weekly Preparation Setting]

Monday:

Meeting-- Happy

Conference-- Happy

Coaching-- Coverages

Film/ 2/ ALL WRS/ Coverage

Film/ 2/ All DTs/ Pass Blocking Schemes

Film/ 3/ All DEs/ Pass Blocking Schemes

Film/ 1/ All TEs/ Fronts

Film/ 1/ All QBs/ Coverages

Film/ 3/ All CBs/ Route Combinations

Film/ 3/ All Cs/ Blitz Packages

Film/ 2/ All Gs/ Blitz Packages

Film/ 2/ All Ts/ Blitz Packages

Film/ 1/ All FBs/ Blitz Packages

Film/ 1/ All OLBs/ Pass Blocking Schemes

Film/ 1/ All FSs/ Route Combinations

Weights/ 2 /All DTs/ Hamstring and Quads

Weights/ 1/ All SSs/ Arms

Weights/ 1/ All CBs/ Hamstring and Quads

Alternative/ 2/ All SSs/ Stretching/Flexibility

**Note: Conference isn't available every week (appears randomly)**

Tuesday:

Full Drill/ 1/ 2nd Team /No Pads

Full Drill/ 2/ 1st Team/ No Pads

Film/ 2/ All WRs/ Coverages

Weights/ 1/ All DTs/ Arms

7 on 7/ 2/ All/ Partial Pads

Pos Drill/ 1/ All Cs/ Run Blocking

Pos Drill/ 1/ All Gs/ Pass protection

Pos Drill/ 1/ All DTs/ Pursuit Drills

Pos Drill/ 1/ All OLBs/ Beat the Block

Wednesday:

7 on 7/ 1/ All/ Partial Pads

Full Drill/ 2/ 2nd Team/ Partial Pads

Full Drill/ 2/ 1st Team/ Partial Pads

Pos Drill/ 3/ All Ts/ The Big Sled

Pos Drill/ 1/ All DEs/ Recognition

Pos drill/ 2/ All WRs/ Wide Receiver Release

Thursday:

7 on 7/ 1/ All/ Full Pads

Full Drill/ 1/ 3rd team/ No Pads

Full Drill/ 1/ 1st team/ Partial Pads

Film/ 1/ All SSs/ Run/pass Distribution

Film/ 3/ All WRs/ Man/zone Tendencies

Weights/ 1/ all CBs/ Calves and Ankles

Weights/ 1/ All DTs/ Arms

Pos Drill/ 1/ All Cs/ Enemies at the Gate

Pos Drill/ 2/ All Gs/ Enemies at the Gate

Pos Drill/ 1/ All DTs/ Special Move Focus

Pos Drill/ 1/ All CBs/ Pattern recognition

Pos Drill/ 1/ All DEs/ Get off the ball

Friday:

Day Off-- 1/2 Day Off

7 on 7/ 2/ All/ No Pads

Pos Drill/ 1/ All WRs/ Pattern Depths

Pos Drill/ 1/ All HBs/ Tire Relay

Pos Drill/ 1/ All TEs/ The Gauntlet

Pos Drill/ 1/ All FBs/ The Gauntlet

Pos Drill/ 2/ All FSs/ Ball Reaction

I'd just like to add this doesn't always work 100%. At least that's what the guy who did this up says.

Once and for all, will roster updates be available for PS2 using the Network Adapter?

Just a quick question..but is the network adapter, the same thing as the HDD? :huh:

Im just wondering..and like how would you be able to download stuff or whatever. I guess I'm in the minority, but I can't be on PS2 online, and on the comp at the same time. :( I didn't know that until I bought it.

Guest Kageho
Thanks Kage, sorry about that...

:P Bah, no worries. It happens. I mean, every now and tehn I forget as well.