6/7 SWF Smarkdown HOLT Report

The “One Night Stand” Edition!

===========

SWF Smarkdown HOLT report

June 7, 2004

Cleveland, Ohio at Gund Arena

Report by Corey Lawson of Cleveland, OH Smartmarks.com reader

Dark Matches:

- Chris Card and Said beat Edward James in a handicap match in 6:24 with a double DDT.

- Ced Ordonez beat Austin Sly in 4:18 with Cross Lightning.

- Alan Clark beat Mike Van Siclen in 5:07 with an Acoustic Explosion after Johnny Dangerous distracted Van Siclen.

- John Duran beat Aecas in 11:51 with the Blunt Force Trauma.

Smarkdown:

- The last time I got to see a show just before a PPV, it kicked ass, so I was really looking forward to this one. I didn’t have seats as good as the ones I had the last time, but still had a good view.

- After the commercial break, Insane Luchador stumbled on his way to the back and fell to one knee, holding his head. Even know, I’m not sure whether he just slipped, or whether he was suffering some residual injuries from his match, because he stayed down for close to a minute. Some road agents even came out to help him up, but he pushed them all away from him, shouting something I couldn’t make out, and eventually made it back under his own power.

- The crowd was hot for the end to that four-way. After the victory, Spike ran out into the crowd, which got him mad love; Jenkins seems focused for the first time in his career, and the people are really starting to get behind him.

- I was marking like a little bitch when Danny hit that dropkick; I TOTALLY didn’t see it coming! He got a nice prolonged “DAN-E” chant during the commercial, and he posed with the belt inside the ring.

- After the show, Flesher came back down to the ring to respond to Dace’s challenge. He told Dace that he’d take him on any time, in any kind of match, but that at 13th Hour, time was going to run out on Dace’s title hopes. The two had a staredown in the center of the ring, but Flesher ended up flinching first, backing out of the ring and back up the ramp as Dace glared at him from inside the ring.

Biggest Pops

1) Danny Williams

2) Dace Night

3) Alan Clark

4) Johnny Dangerous

5) Spike Jenkins

Most Heat

1) Tom Flesher

2) Toxxic

3) The Masked Man

4) Janus

5) Insane Luchador

Dark Matches:

- Chris Card and Said beat Edward James in a handicap match in 6:24 with a double DDT.

Alright. I was in a dark match. And getting double teamed. And I lost in 6:24 minutes. Geez, that sounds so realistic.

Good stuff as always WC!

I'm surprised Card and Said got on after Card superkicked Said out of existance - damn me for creating gimmicks I can't fuckin' write!

Actually that's nitpicking for nitpicking's sake. WC's HOLT reports rule like 12" of 8th" marked shatterproof plastic.

I'll catch you Flesher! Just you wait!

(Y) for the return of the Holt Report

Slow down, fellas. I wouldn't call it a "return" so much as a "I needed to get my writing fix, and don't have time to make a comeback."

I finally report to the Vinson next week; once I get settled in, we'll see.