TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

NBA Offseason News and Moves

I think Sacto would want more in return than just Wally or Reef. They'd definitely want/need a SF in return so those deals fit their needs, but they'd also want a guy like Miles or Hassell and would probably want to include Christie in the deal.

The Kings aren't even thinking about uprooting Bibby for Kidd at this point so that would never fly.

Kidd for Carter sounds nice but I doubt Kidd would want to play there. LA could aquire Kidd if they were willing to move Payton, Butler and Grant, but would they do that?

I think moving Butler for anyone would be a mistake for the Lakers. If they are going to go after Kidd throw Payton, Fox, and a second round draft pick at them. New Jersey really should bite.

Carter wouldn't want to play for New Jersey anyways because at this point they aren't much of a step up in the NBA ladder.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Carter wants to go to the Knicks, where as a guy whose selfish stat-grabbing ways on horrible teams earned him a vastly inflated contract, he should fit right in.

Apparently the Celtics and Lakers are talking about a trade that will involve draft picks and Rick Fox and Gary Payton going to Boston for Chucky Atkins and Chris Minm.

Here's what I heard on WEEI:

To Boston

Rick Fox

Gary Payton

LA's 2005 1st pick

cash

To Los Angeles

Chris Mimn

Chucky Atkins

Marcus Banks

Boston's 2005 2nd pick

Guest Redhawk

As a Gary Payton fan, I actually like that trade, if Gary doesn't pout too much about it. If GP knows he has a youngster like Marcus Banks biting at his heels, just waiting for a job opening, Payton will step up his level of play. And playing with Paul Pierce and Ricky Davis (I see lots of alley-oops) can only help his assist numbers.

Guest Vitamin X

Fuck no. I disapprove of this trade. Who do the Lakers have at guard then? They already have a shortage of true guards with Fisher leaving, and I even remember mentioning it was going to be either Fisher or Payton who would have to stay, not both.

Chris Mimn

Chucky Atkins

Marcus Banks

Boston's 2005 2nd pick

Who the fuck are these guys? Please. This is a poor excuse for a trade. It does get rid of Rick Fox though, which would make me happy.

It's too bad Jackson left. Atkins would have been perfect in the triangle offense. I still like the trade for both teams. They now have somebody to back up Divac, Banks may be good in the future, and Atkins can give the ball to Kobe.

Spurs need to send Robert Horry and 2 draft picks for Peja.

I thought Horry was a FA.

Spurs resigned Horry and picked up Tony Massenburg earlier in the week.

As a Gary Payton fan, I actually like that trade, if Gary doesn't pout too much about it. If GP knows he has a youngster like Marcus Banks biting at his heels, just waiting for a job opening, Payton will step up his level of play. And playing with Paul Pierce and Ricky Davis (I see lots of alley-oops) can only help his assist numbers.

GP has NOBODY iting at his heels in Boston since Banks went to LA in this deal.

I loved everything Ainge has done with Boston until this point...

Terrible deal for Boston.

Edit: Actually i'll take that back...it's a really good deal when you look at salaries and cap numbers.

Once again GOOD JOB AINGE :)

Looks like GP will never get that Ring now...

Looks like GP will never get that Ring now...

That's what I was thinking. It's fucking ridiculous to bail on GP, especially he showed good faith in the Lakers by not opting out of his contract. At least its small enough for him to buy out of.

Fuck the Lakers. They don't even have a PG!

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

uh....seriously?

Yes, seriously.

That team wasn't going anywhere with what they had. Ainge is trying to rebuild the team HIS way and so far I love it all. Give him another 2 years and all this garbage time will be worth the wait.

Guest El Satanico

Taking Rick Fox because he's in his final contract year and will give you cap room next year isn't a mistake. It's not like Boston is taking him as a player, he's a business move.

They just wanted Rick Fox's expiring contract. Are there any Lakers left from their championship team besides Kobe and George?

Guest JohnnySwift
Trading Marcus Banks is a mistake.

Marcus Banks will be missed, but the Celtic management is high on Delonte West who has been putting up good summer league numbers. If he translates this into a strong regular season then it'll be a good trade. Although the Celtics SHOULD'VE gotten Payton years ago with that Baker trade but oh well.

Guest Redhawk

GP has NOBODY iting at his heels in Boston since Banks went to LA in this deal.

Terrible deal for Boston.

Edit: Actually i'll take that back...it's a really good deal when you look at salaries and cap numbers.

Once again GOOD JOB AINGE :)

Yeah, when I wrote that the deal was just GP/Fox for Atkins/Mihm. I didn't know Banks had been added in there.

Didn't Boston draft a couple of guards?

Guest JohnnySwift
Yeah, when I wrote that the deal was just GP/Fox for Atkins/Mihm. I didn't know Banks had been added in there.

Didn't Boston draft a couple of guards?

Boston had 4 picks this year. They drafted Tony Allen, Dalonte West both are guards. Al Jefferson is a power forward and Justin Reed is a small forward. Allen, West and Jefferson are signed to contract already.

I've read that Danny Ainge is really trying to get Shareef from Portland. He might use Payton or Fox as possible trade bait for him.

Marcus Banks is a decent young guard, but he won't be assisting the Lakers in a championship anytime soon.

Pictures from the Knicks Press Conf...

Finally...

080619_1024x768.jpg

XSR203080619_1024x768.jpg

Plenty of good Dentists here in the City...

XSR206080619_1024x768.jpg

Guest Redhawk

Lenny Wilkens looks like someone off of "Miami Vice" in that picture. And Jerome Williams....damn, homie. Looks like a Halloween mask.

Who's the guy on the far left? He looks like he's in a "try to have a doofier grin than Jerome Williams" contest.

Guest Redhawk

Don't you mean the "Try to have a doofier grin than Bill Walton" contest? It's Walton's world: Jerome is just living in it.