TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Official Spiderman 2 Thread

Both Otto Octavius and Norman Osbourne are guilty of the same crime in literary terms: a desire to be GOD. The symbols are all there: Octavius' power source is a miniature sun, Osbourne's comment on improving on human potential, and for their arrogance they are turned into demonic totems: a many-armed beast, and a pointy-eared, sharp-toothed goblin.

In their desire to be Gods, Otto and Norman are turned into Devils.

I like that.

Anyway, Spider-man 2 is in stores tommorrow.

spiderman2widedvd.jpg

I'm getting it at midnight at Meijer

I might buy it, but I am considering waiting since I have only $20 and I'm just now starting to receive the 12 or so DVDs I got from Deep Discount.

I loved both Spider-Man movies, though. I own the 1st on DVD already and I saw the second one twice- once in the theater and once on a train a few weeks ago. What kind of deals do they have this week for SM2 and what special features are there?

Guest JMA

I thought the movie was good the second time around.

Anyway, I got my copy at Suncoast for only $19.99.

Not only is it good the second time around, it's good the third and fourth times around, too. Both movies are, because they're good stories that get you invested in the characters.

Guest JMA
Not only is it good the second time around, it's good the third and fourth times around, too. Both movies are, because they're good stories that get you invested in the characters.

I fully agree. I don't think Marvel could've hired a better director for the franchise than Sam Raimi.

Guest hhheld_down

ive watched it five times since tuesday and it hasnt gotten old. terrific superhero movie, and a wonderful movie all together. the battle sequences own all. looked through most of disc one, except the commentaries (thats next). Just barely touched disc 2. anyone know easter eggs?

My favorite part would have to be when Harry discovers the Green Goblin's secret lair. That scene had me on the edge of the seat in the theater. I wasn't expecting it to happen, much less Willem Dafoe making a surprise cameo.

BTW is it safe to get rid of the spoiler things now?

Guest theanswer1824

i like the peter parker scenes, especially when he trips. 'raindrops falling on my head' during that scene just makes it even more better.

Anyone check out the easter egg of Dafoe playing Doc Ock? Short but sweet.

How do you get to it.

i found the one of Alfred Molina doing "Fiddler on the Roof" with the arms, but where is that?

I saw it twice- once in the theater without my contacts and while I was kind of fucked up after taking Vicodin for my back, and once on the train to California while drinking. The movie seemed great, but I need to see it while sober.

I rented the movie last night from Hollywood video. I'll be watching Spider-Man 1 (one of my favorite movies ever) and 2 back to back sometime tonight on the fancy big screen TV. That should be a fun time.

Anyone check out the easter egg of Dafoe playing Doc Ock? Short but sweet.

How do you get to it.

i found the one of Alfred Molina doing "Fiddler on the Roof" with the arms, but where is that?

I don't remember, but it was on an arm. I just kept clicking down and then one of the arms became highlighted.

My favorite part is when Spider-Man and Doc Ock are fighting on the side of the building and they both fall off and while they're falling, they're STILL fighting! :lol:

Kinda like that Simpsons episode where Homer gets into a fight with that one guy who was Bart's adoptive father and they fell off the cliff.

Roger Ebert has now named this the 4th Best film of 2004, after the AFI put it in their top ten as well. 

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...SSAYS/412190302

Link doesn't work.

It does if you reload it.

Short form.

Top Ten

1. Million Dollar Baby

2. Kill Bill Vol. 2

3. Vera Drake

4. Spider-Man 2

5. Moolaade

6. The Aviator

7. Baadassssss!

8. Sideways

9. Hotel Rwanda

10. Undertow

Bottom Ten (Eleven)

1. (tied) Troy

1. (tied) Alexander

2. Christmas with the Kranks

3. The Girl Next Door

4. Dogville

5. New York Minute

6. The Grudge

7. White Chicks

8. Resident Evil: Apocalypse

9. The Whole Ten Yards

10. The Village

Ebert gave ***1/2 to THE TERMINAL?!

Insane.

For whatever reason, here's my top five films of the year.

1) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

2) Kill Bill Vol. 2

3) Collateral

4) Ray

5) Super Size Me/Spider-Man 2

I haven't seen The Aviator or Million Dollar Baby yet though.

Glad its getting the critical love. I love this film. It feels like a real story, emotionally complete, real big things are happening to these characters. As far as I'm concerned it deserves a best pic nom, but alas my geek love will not be indulged by the academy :(