6 White Chicks $6,500,000/$57,181,000

7 Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story $5,400,000/$97,555,782

8 The Terminal $5,000,000/$65,300,000

9 Shrek 2 $4,500,000/$418,600,000

10 Sleepover $4,200,000/$4,200,000

11 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban $3,810,000/$232,553,000

12 Garfield $1,650,000/$67,734,539

-------------------------

$23 million for a 5 day opening for a movie like King Arthur seems like a disapointment.

Not suprised to see Sleepover bomb. Even for a teen movie it just looks awful.

Anchorman beat King Arthur?! That's great. I now have another reason to go see

it. :)

I think it was just a bad release date for King Arthur. Any action movie that comes out a week after Spidey 2 isn't going to do that well.

They should have released it in the fall.

Sleepover had NO star power, so no wonder it didn't do that well.

And Cinderella Story is going to do pretty decent. Hilary is pretty decent draw.

12/25/03 Cheaper by the Dozen Fox $138,614,544

5/2/03 The Lizzie McGuire Movie BV $42,734,455

3/14/03 Agent Cody Banks MGM $47,938,330

Which averages to $76 million.

And "the next big thing" Lindsay Lohan's numbers are:

4/30/04 Mean Girls Par. $83,924,450

2/20/04 Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen BV $29,309,763

8/6/03 Freaky Friday BV $110,230,332

7/31/98 The Parent Trap BV $66,308,518

Which averages to $72 million.

Hilary is a bigger draw than Lindsay, well by the numbers atleast. Even though Lindsay is supposed to be "the next big thing," Hilary is doing better. My point is that "A Cinderella Story" will do pretty well next week. There isn't any "family" movies in the top 10 (other than Shrek 2 which is falling fast), so the competition for the movie isn't that big.

It will make atleast $20 million next week.

But the girl was in Spykids so she should of had some kind of a fanbase but I guess since there was little to no advertisements for Sleepover it was destined to fail.

Lohan has to carry more in her movies though.

Duff's movie have more starpower in them. Steve Martin was doing well when Cheaper By The Dozen came out. And her lowest drawing movie is the one she had to star in herself.

Shrek 2 may crack $450M by the end of the summer. Incredible.

And does anyone else think Hillary Duff is fucked once she becomes too old to be a "teen queen"? She doesn't seem the type that would be able to carry her own picture.

"The Lizzie McGuire Movie?" The show's main audience is 7-16 year old girls, which isn't that big of a market. $42 million for that small age demo is pretty decent.

And Lindsay only carried one movie, "Mean Girls," by herself. Which was helped by good reviews, Tina Fey (SNL audience, ask Bob Barron) and TNA.

However, "A Cinderella Story" will tell which girl is the "next big thing."

And does anyone else think Hillary Duff is fucked once she becomes too old to be a "teen queen"? She doesn't seem the type that would be able to carry her own picture.

"Cadet Kelly," a Disney Channel Movie, has the highest rating ever on the Disney Channel. I watched that movie last night, and she can carry a movie by herself.

Duff shouldn't get credit for Cheaper by the Dozen or Codybanks because she wasn't the headliner in those. Steve Martin was for Cheaper and Frankie Muniz was for Codybanks.

Duff shouldn't get credit for Cheaper by the Dozen or Codybanks because she wasn't the headliner in those. Steve Martin was for Cheaper and Frankie Muniz was for Codybanks.

B00009QG6G.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Her name is above the title, so she is a headliner.

And does anyone else think Hillary Duff is fucked once she becomes too old to be a "teen queen"?  She doesn't seem the type that would be able to carry her own picture.

"Cadet Kelly," a Disney Channel Movie, has the highest rating ever on the Disney Channel. I watched that movie last night, and she can carry a movie by herself.

Oh, well, if she's involved in getting the highest rating on the DISNEY CHANNEL, I guess I don't have a leg to stand on.

My point was that I can't see her carry a movie BEYOND Disney kiddie films.

Wait.....why am I debating the acting talents of HILLARY DUFF?! Goddamn, I've been posting here too long.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
"The Lizzie McGuire Movie?" The show's main audience is 7-16 year old girls, which isn't that big of a market. $42 million for that small age demo is pretty decent.

And Lindsay only carried one movie, "Mean Girls," by herself. Which was helped by good reviews, Tina Fey (SNL audience, ask Bob Barron) and TNA.

Wow... Mole sounds like he has a personal stake in this.

I also love how he justifies Lohan's success in Mean Girls as "being helped by good reviews."

NO SHIT. If the movie is good, how does that make her any less a star?

Wow... Mole sounds like he has a personal stake in this.

I also love how he justifies Lohan's success in Mean Girls as "being helped by good reviews."

NO SHIT. If the movie is good, how does that make her any less a star?

I was making the point one of the only reasons "Mean Girls" did so well was because it good reviews. "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" didn't get good reviews, so it didn't do as well.

I know good reviews doesn't mean box-office money, but it did in this case. She wasn't a star until after "Mean Girls," which was fueled by good reviews.

No personal stake in this, I would just like to see these girls succeed.

What the hell is your problem Zsasz? You nitpicking at everything I say makes you sound like a herb.

Why would anyone know what the highest rated Disney Channel movie is?

I read it somewhere on the net. I read a lot about ratings, and I came across that one time.

With "I, Robot", "Anchorman", and "Spiderman 2" all in the listings I can't see "Cindrella Story" cracking a 10 million out of this weekend.

Releasing THIS film in the middle of the summer movie season? Talk about leaving a girl whipping in the wind.

Guest Smues
With "I, Robot", "Anchorman", and "Spiderman 2" all in the listings I can't see "Cindrella Story" cracking a 10 million out of this weekend.

Releasing THIS film in the middle of the summer movie season? Talk about leaving a girl whipping in the wind.

I was just at Denny's and it's really pathetic. They have cinederalla story princess meals that have pink all over them (pink ranch dressing, pink sprinkles on icecream, etc.) and princess cherry sprite or some crap like that. And if you order a princess slam you get a free cinderella story poster! WOW! Needless to say I had never heard of this movie until I got to Denny's. Die movie die.

How come? The same people who see "A Cinderella Story" don't see "I, Robot."

A Cinderella Story is really the first true test of whether Hilary can bring them in on her own.

The Lizzie McGuire movie, while starring her, was a Disney show tie-in. This is the first movie that Hilary has had to carry on her own.

I watched Cadet Kelly on Saturday. Pretty decent flick even though it got a bit muddled in the middle as they had seemingly 5 subplots going on at once and since it's only an 1 hr 20 min movie they never had enough time to resolve all of them. Didn't know it was the highest rated Disney movie ever. Wouldn't surprise me since Hilary and Christy Carlson Romano are the two biggest names on that channel.

Mean Girls was such a hit because unlike the other teen movies it was able to play to all demos:

Aside from playing to teenage girls, adults wanted to see it because of the good reviews and Tina Fey's constant plugging of the movie and they realised it was not just your average generic teen comedy. The movie also was able to successfully play to young men which other teen comedies hadn't been able to do.

A Cinderella Story should do about 40-50 total. Hilary's promoting the shit out of the thing but the movie won't have the good reviews and the crossover appeal that Mean Girls had. It will easily beat the gross of Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, but I don't think it'll touch Mean Girls.

The only reason people think Lindsay is the next big thing is b/c she does a great job of drawing press onto herself. She goes out to parties all the time, has no problem showing off her best assests, and her dad keeps bringing her back into the news.

Hilary is more of a private person- she doesn't go out much and thus isn't tabloid or US Weekly/In Touch fodder. Her feud with Lindsay is dead and buried and her feud with Avril doesn't seem to have much steam since Avril is just actng like a jackass and Hilary is trying to put it behind her.

I think Hilary can survive turning 18. She has her singing career and can probably do teen-type movies for a long time and then she could easily make the transition to romantic comedies. I don't think she's screwed come the end of next year.

But if A Cinderella Story bombs- the people at Disney will have a good hearty chuckle I'm sure.

^^^^^ It seems like you've given this quite a bit of thought.

I caught Anchorman on Friday night. It was fucking hilarious. The plot was pretty weak, but almost everyone was on. Steven Carrel (sp?) was surprisingly good in his role.

What can I say? If there's one thing I know it's Hollywood jailbait.

I'm probably seeing Anchorman today. I'm not surprised it did so well and I think it will be the sleeper hit of the summer. It's amazing that some guy I grew up watching on SNL is now an A-list star

It's amazing that some guy I grew up watching on SNL is now an A-list star

Seriously, I feel the same way. When I see Will Ferrel, I just see "SNL!" written all over him. It wierd to think of him as a movie star now.