Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

7/21 SWF Lockdown HOLT Report

SWF Lockdown HOLT report

July 21, 2004

New York City, New York at Madison Square Garden

Report by Charlie Cipolla of Staten Island, NY, Smartmarks.com reader

Dark Matches:

- Ebony beat Candace in 2:18 with the Loving Embrace. Afterwards, she attempted to perform mouth-to-mouth on Candace to revive her, but Lobo chased her out of the ring.

- Edward James beat Jimmy Liston in 4:05 with a Crucifix Powerbomb.

- A Bra and Panties Match between Megan Skye and Alison Onita was ruled a no-contest when Kelly Connelly came down to the ring with a clipboard and claimed to be the self-appointed program director for the evening. She then read something off of the clipboard about there being no Bra and Panties match on tonight’s card, due to some kind of building code at MSG (which is pure bullshit), and demanded that the match be cancelled. But, nobody argued with it but the fans, who booed Connelly out of the ring.

- Toxxic and “Judge Mental” William Hearford beat Déjà Vu in 8:29 when Toxxic hit Kross with the Caffeine Bomb. After the match, Toxxic got on the microphone and said that he’d been keeping tabs on Hearford in the last couple of weeks. He said that he understood the pain that Judge had been feeling throughout his losing streak, and that he could offer him a better way. He said something about his Revolution Zero followers needing an advisor, someone who could help them reach their maximum potential. He then told Judge to think it over and left the ring, leaving him to stand there in deep thought.

- SWF ICTV Champion Johnny Dangerous beat John Duran in 7:13 with the MI Slam in a non-title match.

- Revolution Zero (Sean Davis & Spike Jenkins) beat Jacob Helmsley and David Blazenwing in 6:31. Helmsley and Blazenwing were on track to score a major upset after Helmsley hit Damnation on Spike Jenkins, but Jet got on the apron to distract the referee, and Judge Mental ran back out to the ring to hit Helmsley with the Surprise Witness. Revolution Zero won with some kind of Yakuza Kick/Dominator combination, and Judge Mental raised their hands in victory.

- Todd Cortez beat Landon Maddix in 5:54 with the Urban Assault. Maddix surprised Cortez with the Crash Landon, but he made the mistake of taunting him afterwards. Johnny Dangerous came back out to ringside and distracted Maddix just long enough for Cortez to recover.

- Danny Williams beat Tom Flesher by disqualification in 9:44 when Flesher hit him with a chair in front of the referee.

Lockdown:

- Funyon announced that Petey and Chance Silver both missed their flight, so they had an impromptu match, in which Jet beat Arianwyn Rivenstone in 3:56 with the Jet Black.

- That Superplex to the concrete was SICK! I was amazed that either one of them could get up after that, let alone both of them!

- The crowd was really into Manson, and when he hit that avalanche spinebuster, I thought that was it! We all popped huge when he hit Masked Man with the Consequences! After the match, Manson left through the crowd, with plenty of people patting him on the back.

- Mak Francis hosted the Countdown to Genesis giveaway. I didn’t get selected for the Grand Prize drawing, but I did win an autographed Alan Clark t-shirt!

- Funyon announced that Jamie Drazon was caught trying to cross the border with a dime bag, and failed to clear customs. Renegade was announced as a surprise replacement, and Lezaire beat him in 8:09 when he reversed the Renebreak into a backslide.

- I tell you what; I don’t really like Toxxic, but what Flesher did to him was FUCKED UP!

- Janus is sick. And twisted. Janus is sick and twisted. Yup. I can only hope that Ced and Munich get a chance to meet up with him in a dark alley sometime down the line.

Biggest Pops

1) Manson

2) Dace Night

3) Andrea Montgomery & Birdman

4) Alan Clark

5) Johnny Dangerous

Most Heat

1) Janus

2) Tom Flesher

3) Toxxic

4) Kelly Connelly

5) Austin Sly

Er...

WHAT?

WC, you said you "took a liberty". You didn't say that I was teaming with a guy who has lost to all and sundry lately, then got him to mentor my stable. YOU HAVE JOBBED JUDGE OUT IN EVERY MATCH, AND NOW WE'RE SUPPOSED TO LEARN FROM HIM?

You may consider this completely no-sold. God knows I try not to take this e-fed too seriously, but that takes the piss. I know Judge was a damn good writer, but you've been treating him like shit and that makes us look like shit by association.

But look at it this way, Toxxic. If Johnny can only appear in a dark match and make the top pops list, then maybe Judge can offer some mystic wisdom by losing in countless dark matches. Or something.

Go change your fucking tampon. He does this for fun, it's not meant to be anything really meaningful. It's awesome but it won't conflict with you, Toxxic. Just ignore it if you must, oh, and fuck that "we look bad by association" you think anybody'll notice or give a shit? No. So just run with it, roll with the punches. My God everybody has a yard stick shoved up their asses now-a-days.

Edit- It's even in the dark matches part.

I'm disappointed that you don't appreciate the concept behind this, but I'll respect your choice, and will not include it in the future.

For the record, this was the concept: I had gotten the inspiration to do a "negative push" with Judge, wherein he received a lot of attention by going on a surprising losing streak. Toxxic, a much higher profile wrestler at this point in his career, more or less volunteers himself to team with Judge Mental, because he used to admire him, or something (who knows?), and leads him to his first victory in months. He then offers him the chance to salvage his career by becoming Toxxic's lackey. I considered it to be generally understood that, even though Judge had been in a serious slump, that even the fast-rising Toxxic recognized that someone with the talent and wisdom of William Hearford could be instrumental in the development of his acolytes (Sean Davis and Spike Jenkins); in SWF continuity, most people recognize (and, in theory, most fans would as well) that even though he's no longer in his prime, Judge Mental is still a dangerous opponent and a skilled wrestler, and up-and-coming wrestlers like Davis and Jenkins could prosper under his guidance.

Besides which, it's not like I had ever intended for Judge to be directly associated with Toxxic himself, or that this mini-story would even leave the confines of the HOLT, unless you wished; my intent was to kind of put Judge into a role similar to that which Arn Anderson occupied in the latter-day Four Horseman, where his primary duty was as a mentor to the junior Horsemen. I figured that, in the long run, it would be good for Judge's character, and couldn't possibly hurt R-0.

But, like I said, if you don't like it, it won't go any further.

- Dub "shrug" Cee

IL, I respect you as a long-time veteran of this fed, a decent bloke and someone whom I had a great laugh with when we had that Ironman Hardcore match, which is still one of my favourites.

But you're also an over-belligerent adolescent who needs to think before mouthing off. You're ripping on me for complaining about an unscheduled character development - OK, fine, but then again this is a match-writing e-fed and you haven't bothered to write anything for months. Maybe I should have PM'd WC and told him about my concerns rather than discuss it in a public forum - regardless, I'd appreciate if you left your attitude problem at home.

I'm disappointed that you don't appreciate the concept behind this, but I'll respect your choice, and will not include it in the future.

For the record, this was the concept: I had gotten the inspiration to do a "negative push" with Judge, wherein he received a lot of attention by going on a surprising losing streak. Toxxic, a much higher profile wrestler at this point in his career, more or less volunteers himself to team with Judge Mental, because he used to admire him, or something (who knows?), and leads him to his first victory in months. He then offers him the chance to salvage his career by becoming Toxxic's lackey. I considered it to be generally understood that, even though Judge had been in a serious slump, that even the fast-rising Toxxic recognized that someone with the talent and wisdom of William Hearford could be instrumental in the development of his acolytes (Sean Davis and Spike Jenkins); in SWF continuity, most people recognize (and, in theory, most fans would as well) that even though he's no longer in his prime, Judge Mental is still a dangerous opponent and a skilled wrestler, and up-and-coming wrestlers like Davis and Jenkins could prosper under his guidance.

Besides which, it's not like I had ever intended for Judge to be directly associated with Toxxic himself, or that this mini-story would even leave the confines of the HOLT, unless you wished; my intent was to kind of put Judge into a role similar to that which Arn Anderson occupied in the latter-day Four Horseman, where his primary duty was as a mentor to the junior Horsemen. I figured that, in the long run, it would be good for Judge's character, and couldn't possibly hurt R-0.

But, like I said, if you don't like it, it won't go any further.

- Dub "shrug" Cee

Wow, that sucks. Good try though, WC.

Toxxic, a much higher profile wrestler at this point in his career, more or less volunteers himself to team with Judge Mental, because he used to admire him, or something (who knows?), and leads him to his first victory in months. He then offers him the chance to salvage his career by becoming Toxxic's lackey. I considered it to be generally understood that, even though Judge had been in a serious slump, that even the fast-rising Toxxic recognized that someone with the talent and wisdom of William Hearford could be instrumental in the development of his acolytes (Sean Davis and Spike Jenkins); in SWF continuity, most people recognize (and, in theory, most fans would as well) that even though he's no longer in his prime, Judge Mental is still a dangerous opponent and a skilled wrestler, and up-and-coming wrestlers like Davis and Jenkins could prosper under his guidance.

WC, I don't know if you've been paying any attention to the character of Toxxic since my heel turn, but let me outline the basics for you.

-He doesn't cheat

-He's straight-edge

-He's British, and calls people 'sunshine'

-He has absolutely no respect for anyone. Ever. At all. Certainly not someone he would view as washed-up and past it. The only people Toxxic will even vaguely respect are those who have beaten him, but then it's normally outweighed by an almost psychotic determination to destroy them for having the audacity to do this.

in case you decide to play EWR again ;)

Toxxic,

- When you sent me a PM authorizing me to use Jet in dark matches, it contained the following: "Unlike her boyfriend, she'll cheat, but he won't cheat for her." Forgive me for making what you may interpret as a logical reach, but I took that to mean that, while Toxxic may not cheat himself, he will implicitly condone it from his "lessers."

- I fail to see how Toxxic being straight-edge would have any bearing on any relationship that he might have with Judge William Hearford. Or his being British, for that matter.

- How was I to know that the Toxxic character would consider Judge to be "washed up?" I was looking at it from the same perspective as the way Triple H basically gave Flair a handout when he formed Evolution. After all, at some point in their lives, even people who don't respect anybody looked up to somebody.

At any rate, it was a misunderstanding. Sorry for taking too many liberties with your character.

- Dub Cee

Toxxic,

- When you sent me a PM authorizing me to use Jet in dark matches, it contained the following: "Unlike her boyfriend, she'll cheat, but he won't cheat for her." Forgive me for making what you may interpret as a logical reach, but I took that to mean that, while Toxxic may not cheat himself, he will implicitly condone it from his "lessers."

Not exactly. He doesn't really care either way. He won't cheat for his own reasons, but he's not bothered whether or not the rest of the stable do or not. But if they interfere in his matches he'll go ballistic, and he won't generally interfere in theirs.

- I fail to see how Toxxic being straight-edge would have any bearing on any relationship that he might have with Judge William Hearford. Or his being British, for that matter.

It doesn't - that was just for information purposes.

- How was I to know that the Toxxic character would consider Judge to be "washed up?" I was looking at it from the same perspective as the way Triple H basically gave Flair a handout when he formed Evolution. After all, at some point in their lives, even people who don't respect anybody looked up to somebody.

The fact that he's regularly jobbing in dark matches should do it, plus the fact that he's old enough to be Toxxic's dad. And no, at the moment Toxxic doesn't look up to ANYONE. Although there may be a very very small sneaking bit of respect for Aecas. But that's about it.

Fair enough. As I said, though, it's not like Judge would have been interfering on Toxxic's behalf, anyway, as my intent for his association with R-0 was him to work almost exclusively with Davis and Jenkins.

You don't want Toxxic to respect anyone, and that's your business; he's your character, and you have the right to not have your character misrepresented. I'll remember next time.

- Dub Cee

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Ok seriously, shut up. I see enough of posts being picked apart at the WWE board. WC does this for fun, it's been to my attention that it doesn't follow continuity. It's a simple follow up of WWE live shows, just something for fun added to the fed.

Seeing as this post is not intended to start a flame war. I'll refrain from the insults, however Toxxic, we all could care less about how your character acts in the Dark Matches. Heck, one time in the WWE, HHH, The Rock, Austin, some other heel stood in the ring and played an ad libs game... This was around the time thet were wanting to murder each other in characters. Totally fun, and not meant to be taken seriously. Leave it that way. No sense being a tightass.

Back on topic...

Dimebag. The SWF sure likes to keep my image clean... I had at least a pound of genuine BC bud in my trunk. (Y)

Ah, much ado about nothing. Some thing never change.

It's the freaking HOLT report, guys. Jesus. It's been relevant to storylines all of one time.

-Z

And, before anyone's tempted to turn some of the comments into a flame war, I would like to ask you to please don't; I made an error in judgment, with regards to Toxxic's character, I apologized for it, and I presumed that the apology was accepted. Whatever else was said by third parties, I would like to ask you to please squash it, and not take it personally.

- Dub "now, let's all hold hands and sing Kumbayah" Cee

pardon my ignorance as I am new here, but how did Candace manage to get squashed in two minutes already? She hasn't been in her first card yet

The HOLT report is just something fun that Dub Cee (Mr. Slim Citrus, fella with the cyan letters) does for the shows - sort of a report of dark matches that of course didn't really happen and a take on the show from a fan's perspective, like the stuff that always gets sent to 411 or the Observer.

It doesn't actually have any implications for your character; none of it really matters in continuity and kayfabe. Fear not.

cool. I don't have any problems with my character losing or anything, as I said I'm new and had no idea what a holt report or anything is. I'm trying to get up to speed with the SWF but theres quite a bit to learn.

Ebony beat Candace in 2:18 with the Loving Embrace. Afterwards, she attempted to perform mouth-to-mouth on Candace to revive her, but Lobo chased her out of the ring.

:huh: :wub:

- Janus is sick. And twisted. Janus is sick and twisted. Yup. I can only hope that Ced and Munich get a chance to meet up with him in a dark alley sometime down the line.

There's a reason that Judge always carried a Maglite with him and -didn't- want to meet Janus in a dark alley. :ph34r:

Most Heat

1) Janus

Proof that having a mental problem = heat.

- Funyon announced that Jamie Drazon was caught trying to cross the border with a dime bag, and failed to clear customs. Renegade was announced as a surprise replacement, and Lezaire beat him in 8:09 when he reversed the Renebreak into a backslide.

I can totally see that happening.

And using Renegade gets a (Y) from me, and Lezaire wins with a fluke backslide so it's all good.