TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Star Wars Episode III Title Announced

Guest Paranoid

I think the title of the movie will be better then the movie itself.

I thought "Rise of the Empire" was a better name.

Agreed.

Also agree that this needs to have a whole fucking lot of revenge in it.

Guest EQ

I also agree that "Rise..." was a better choice. "Revenge of the sith", like "attack of the clones" sounds a little too cheesy, B-movie-ish

I really want to watch episodes 4-6, but I want to wait for them to come out on DVD. I haven't seen them in a while, atleast a year, but I want to wait until they are "digital."

Guest Staravenger

IIRC, in one of the first 3 films (IV-VI), Obi-Wan mentioned Darth Vader (Anakin) killed off the entire Jedi population. Either we'll get a few scenes of him taking everyone out, or one super excelerated scene that lasts about 1:00.

Well, Darth Maul did say "finally, we will have our revenge against the Jedi" in Episode I. They'll finally say what the hell he was talking about, and it'll come to fruition. That line's always bugged me because it wasn't explained at ALL.

I rather liked "Another pointless search for more money" as the title myself.

Or that Rise of the Empire but it reminds me too much of a documentary on China's royal families.

Guest Staravenger

I've never heard a true meaning, but I've always assumed that Sith's are just an evil breed of the Jedi.

If you play Knights of the Old Republic it explains what Sith are. They were like an enigmatic race weren't they? And then they became a militant group of people(kind of like the empire) going around taking things over but had no real resemblance to the Sith of ancient times at all. This is all from memory so I'm probably wrong on some points but I think that's the basic of it.

I know that there can only be one "Sith Lord" and then his apprentice. A master and an apprentice. I'll let you figure out in the movie's who is who.

Oh and......when does this come out? I enjoyed EpI&II and of course the original trilogy so I can't wait to see this one.

Guest mesepher
Oh and......when does this come out? I enjoyed EpI&II and of course the original trilogy so I can't wait to see this one.

it comes out May 05

the national Star Wars convention is the last week of April, also.

and this title is worse than the other titles in the series.....how? Empire Strikes Back..yeah THAT'S a great name...i've said it a million times before im gonna say it again, i think the intense hate of the new trilogy is lame, old and doesn't make any sense...get off the satr wars hate bandwagon ya fuckin sheep...if Lucas had the technology in 77 that he has now, the product would be the same so stop bitching about too much CGI and lame acting and all that because the original had all the same negatives minus the CGI...

Guest Staravenger

First (original) Three: OK, but at times cheesy graphics.

New Three: OK, but way too much computer animated graphics.

There will be NO happy medium. It's either cheesy or too much of the same.

There is a happy medium.

Lightsaber CGI + Thousands Jedi's being massacred brutally by an angry, filled without remorse Darth Vader.

If I remember correctly, one of the original working titles of ROTJ, was Revenge of the Jedi. Lucas shot it down, because he said Revenge was not in a Jedi's nature. Since this is the 3rd film of this triliogy I guess there going with this for the parallel.

Guest Staravenger
If I remember correctly, one of the original working titles of ROTJ, was Revenge of the Jedi. Lucas shot it down, because he said Revenge was not in a Jedi's nature. Since this is the 3rd film of this triliogy I guess there going with this for the parallel.

Also it's more natural for the evil guys to want revenge. The good guys just want to avenge.

Also it's more natural for the evil guys to want revenge. The good guys just want to avenge.

Return was also better suited for VI, as Vader thought Luke was dead/left him for dead.

Guest PlatinumBoy

I know a guy who's dad did some work or something for the movie and got a ton of hats and posters and shit that say Revenge of the Jedi--I figure those could be sold on ebay for quite a pretty penny.

Oh and as for new triliogy vs. origional triliogy--Han Solo > Every character in the new ones

There's a lot of bitchiness going on in this thread about the stupid title. It's better than AOTC or TPM, so just fucking deal with it. Better yet, if the title bothers you so, don't fucking watch the movie.

Fuck, a bunch of little bitch ass babies that "claim" they like Star Wars and bitch about it every chance you get. Go to a Star Trek or LOTR thread if you hate Star Wars fuckin subtitles so much.

"There's a lot of bitchiness going on in this thread about the stupid title. "

It's the only thing really known at this point, so it's going to be discussed. Deal with it.

I like the name for Episode III, but it's a little to close to sounding like Return of the Jedi.

If Jar Jar is killed in the movie they could almost do anything and I'll be happy from that point forward.

*Awaits Jar Jar's death in ROTS*

I like the name for Episode III, but it's a little to close to sounding like Return of the Jedi.

The point of it is to echo ROTJ.

Jar Jar does not meet death's sweet embrace

Damn. I wish he would. At least Darth Vader killing Jedi left and right will make up for that.