TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reign

The Convention

How old is Obama? Could he run for 2008 if Kerry doesn't pull it off?

Heh.

It's going to take a lot more than 4 short years for America to get anywhere close to electing a black president, no matter how good of a speaker he is.

Besides, NO WAY the Democrats EVER would vote for a black man to be President. The first black President will be a Republican.

-=Mike

O Definitly....

After all, 'The Republican Party is the party of Abraham Lincoln' - George Bush

Its kinda sad when our president doesnt even understand the history of his own party....how Dems/Reps switched platforms...how Lincoln would respect maybe 3 people in the entire current administration...

EVERYONE seems to have a crush on this Obama guy... he's the new rockstar of the Democratic party

I'm sorry but Republicans only WISH they had speakers like Obama and Edwards on their team

Yeah, pity neither of them is the choice for the democrats to run against an easy target.

Two awesome speakers and the nomination is going to the walking borg John Kerry.

Just wait and see...

The Dems, Sharpton, Jackson, et al NEED black people to be dependent. Once a huge majority of blacks become successful, they won't need or want to pay for social programs and the like. That means less money for black "leaders" and fewer votes for the Dems.

What's really the point of arguing which party is going to elect a black president? It's not going to happen to EITHER party any time soon. It'll be AT LEAST a DECADE, if not longer, before we come anywhere close as a nation to electing a black president.

The Dems, Sharpton, Jackson, et al NEED black people to be dependent. Once a huge majority of blacks become successful, they won't need or want to pay for social programs and the like. That means less money for black "leaders" and fewer votes for the Dems.

I don't know if it's fair to say that for all Dems or black leaders, but that's most definitely true for Sharpton & Jackson. Once the majority of black America realizes they can do quite well for themselves withOUT the leadership of either Al or Jackson, both of those men are royally screwed.

Guest MikeSC

Heh.

It's going to take a lot more than 4 short years for America to get anywhere close to electing a black president, no matter how good of a speaker he is.

Besides, NO WAY the Democrats EVER would vote for a black man to be President. The first black President will be a Republican.

-=Mike

O Definitly....

Its kinda sad when our president doesnt even understand the history of his own party....how Dems/Reps switched platforms...how Lincoln would respect maybe 3 people in the entire current administration...

I could mention that Lincoln was actually a rather racist individual --- do you still want to claim Abe is one of yours? Oh wait, that WOULD fit in with the Democrats...

It's amazing that the Dems never have had to answer for their history of unmitigated racism, Jim Crow, and the like.

-=Mike

Heh.

-=Mike

O Definitly....

I could mention that Lincoln was actually a rather racist individual --- do you still want to claim Abe is one of yours? Oh wait, that WOULD fit in with the Democrats...

It's amazing that the Dems never have had to answer for their history of unmitigated racism, Jim Crow, and the like.

-=Mike

Ever get the feeling the Democratic party just has a much better PR department than the Republicans?

Guest thebigjig

Heh.

-=Mike

O Definitly....

-=Mike

If we're going to argue this IRRELEVANT shit, let me throw in something to chew on...

Round up 100 KKK members and ask them what party they more closely identify with... Republicans or Democrats

I'll bet my weekly pay check the answer is Republicans

Guest MikeSC

Well, they have Hollywood.

And the mainstream media.

-=Mike

...Who wonders where in the hell Ben Affleck gets off telling people how to live their lives properly...

Yes, that mainsteam media that had Ralph Reed and Zell Miller on right after Edward's speech. I bet CNN won't be having Dean or Pelosi on to rebut Cheyney or Ahrnold.

Heh.

-=Mike

O Definitly....

-=Mike

Again....the parties completely switched platforms...

Abe the Racist did a couple decent things for black people....I think...

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

Come on, Mike, don't you know that Hollywood votes Nader?

At any rate, the convention protestors haven't been seen, which is hilarious, I drove to Boston yesterday, had the easiest ride out of the city I've ever had, no problems. Seems like the "nightmare" the Boston Herald went on and on about was all for naught.

However, let's see what Kerry does with his speech this evening...time will tell...

--Ryan

...hoping to everything that Kerry doesn't fuck this up...

Come on, Mike, don't you know that Hollywood votes Nader?

At any rate, the convention protestors haven't been seen, which is hilarious, I drove to Boston yesterday, had the easiest ride out of the city I've ever had, no problems. Seems like the "nightmare" the Boston Herald went on and on about was all for naught.

However, let's see what Kerry does with his speech this evening...time will tell...

--Ryan

...hoping to everything that Kerry doesn't fuck this up...

If he does, frame him for a bank robbery and get a new candiate.

After some of those speeches, it's a scary thought that the members of what would be the first family might have the two worst speeches. His wife was nutty as a fruitcake and so it's up to Kerry to save the family name.

Why DIDN'T Edwards win the nomination again?

No Military experience to be honest. If there wasn't a 9/11, well, Bush would probably be a sitting duck and Gore would've been renominated. But if he hadn't run, and Edwards had....easy nomination win.

Guest BDC

I'll admit, if it were Edwards, I'd be way more concerned over Dubya's chances.

The Herald sells better at the newsstand, but because it isn't delivered, the Globe WHOOPS its ass.

--Ryan

...who thinks Kerry is doing pretty well so far (10 minutes in)...

Guest MikeSC

Wow, this is one lukewarm audience for the candidate Kerry.

-=Mike

...John is WELL behind many others in terms of actually generating ENERGY in the audience...

He's gotta work on his speech giving skills, he bounces around a little too much and his hand gesture are very useless and don't fit.

Still, not a bad speech so far.

"The future belongs to freedom" sounds like a movie tagline.

Economic plan, anyone?

Oh, and Mike: where are you watching, because Kerry has gotten some pretty good responses...not as large as Clinton, but hey, who does?

Wow, this is one lukewarm audience for the candidate Kerry.

-=Mike

...John is WELL behind many others in terms of actually generating ENERGY in the audience...

Unpress the mute button.

Shithead.

Oh, and Mike: where are you watching, because Kerry has gotten some pretty good responses...not as large as Clinton, but hey, who does?

Al Sharpton, Barack Obama, and John Edwards? They all got pretty darn big reactions. :D

I wonder what would happen if Bill Clinton was able to run for president once again.

Al Sharpton, Barack Obama, and John Edwards? They all got pretty darn big reactions. :D

I wonder what would happen if Bill Clinton was able to run for president once again.

He would continue to be elected until he died, then what's left of his penis will be re-elected.

Solid speech, I must say. Not as great as it could have been, but I did appreciate the "Taking the High Road" approach to the campaign. Let's see how long it lasts, and who starts firing at the other.

Kerry did well at finally defining himself, instead of just being the guy that's not George W. Bush. He seemed to almost be moving to the right further about the military, although God only knows where that money would be coming from. He kept Vietnam more subdued than I thought he would...which hey, I'm happy with.

Stem-cell research could have been a bit of a no-no, though. Time will tell.

--Ryan

...who's happy with the speech, and ready to see if Kerry can win this damn thing...

Put me down as really liking this speech. This speech got me energized. It's true I'm la liberal, but I've listened to GWB's speeches with what I think is a pretty open mind and they did not energize me. Go Johnny Go!

Guest MikeSC
Economic plan, anyone?

Not even close to the largest reactions at the convention PERIOD. That is sad, considering that he's, you know, the CANDIDATE and all.

Unpress the mute button.

Shithead.

Ah, more of the intellectual discourse that makes HD the running joke it is amongst people who manage to avoid having their knuckles drag on the ground.

Go home, son.

-=Mike