TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

New Pic of Batman

yeah, the psychological stuff was kinda neet, if not a bit forced, but Val Kilmer just wasn't right for the role. And it had Chris O'Donnel, who's not right for ANY role

And no, the 60's version was shit

Guest SpiderFan
The 60's movie was GREAT for what it was. Campy 60's fun.

BatBomb.jpg

Somedays, you just can't get rid of a bomb!

It's kind of hard to tell from the picture if the boots are rather flat or have heels. Which would be better/more practical/cooler-looking? It seems to depend heavily on the rest of the costume...

I saw a wicked-looking illustration before of Batman that had the heels very noticeable, but too much and too little and I'd imagine that'd be a pain in the ass for both Bats and any actor playing him.

Guest SP-1

I want a NIGHTWING movie.

Without O'Donnel.

And I want it dark.

And done well.

Without O'Donnel.

And I want it dark.

And done well.

Too bad. Have any movies not based around the most famous and beloved superheroes gotten any respect? Sure, Supes, Batman, and Spiderman all have at least one decent-to-good movie to their credits, but you rarely see it for "lesser" characters. Since even the more well-known ones rarely get decent movies, I guess that's not a surprise.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
The way you guys are gushing over it, you'd think there hadn't been a Batman movie before.

Well, there hasn't been a GOOD Batman movie before, does that count?

Batman Returns was good.

And what about "Mask of the Phantasm"?

calling Batman Returns "good" would be a bit of a stretch. Mask of the Phantasm was good, but for purposes of this particular argument I'm ignoring the animated STV/TV movies.

60's Movie: Sucked

Batman: Jack Nicolson, not much else

Batman Returns: Catwoman and Christopher Walken, not much else

Batman Forever: Sucked

Batman and Robin: Batman and Robin

Batman Returns is tremendous; it's a 100 million dollar art house movie about a man confronting villains that are only symbols of his own spilt personalities.

The way you guys are gushing over it, you'd think there hadn't been a Batman movie before.

Well, there hasn't been a GOOD Batman movie before, does that count?

Batman Returns was good.

And what about "Mask of the Phantasm"?

calling Batman Returns "good" would be a bit of a stretch. Mask of the Phantasm was good, but for purposes of this particular argument I'm ignoring the animated STV/TV movies.

60's Movie: Sucked

Batman: Jack Nicolson, not much else

Batman Returns: Catwoman and Christopher Walken, not much else

Batman Forever: Sucked

Batman and Robin: Batman and Robin

Batman Returns is tremendous; it's a 100 million dollar art house movie about a man confronting villains that are only symbols of his own spilt personalities.

Okay, fine. Unfortuantely, it's not a GOOD 100 million dollar art house movie about a man confronting villains that are only symbols of his own spilt personalities.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

That's your opinion.

It's wrong. But it's your opinion.

Guest SpiderFan

Some details on the new Batmobile (called "The Tumbler") from a set report in Chicago. Source: SuperHero Hype

- Despite looking huge in the publicity photos, it is in fact very small. Maybe 11-12 feet long, and low to the ground.

- It's matte black- Nothing shiny at all on it's surface.

- Entry to The Tumbler is by a hatch on the roof, which opens up facing the front of the vehicle.

- It's awfully cool looking! Fans will love this vehicle in action.

- It's loud.

Guest SP-1

Without O'Donnel.

And I want it dark.

And done well.

Too bad. Have any movies not based around the most famous and beloved superheroes gotten any respect? Sure, Supes, Batman, and Spiderman all have at least one decent-to-good movie to their credits, but you rarely see it for "lesser" characters. Since even the more well-known ones rarely get decent movies, I guess that's not a surprise.

There's always the fan film community.

Which is really starting to pick up, IMO. I think the advent of Digital media is about to give studios a run for their money.

I was sort of hoping that Batman would be rocking the gray in this movie. Oh well.

It was a solid teaser, but nothing to get overly hyped about. Im keeping my faith in Nolan and the fact that Ras is the villian.

That may be true, and Batman Returns is a GREAT Tim Burton movie, and had he done it without the Batman name and character, I would have liked it a lot more. But...the Penguine spitting up bile?....penguines in the sewers?...duckmobile?.... sorry, but I'm not digging it as a batman movie.

P.S.

I don't really like Burton as a director, anyway.

-Cheex

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

That may be true, and Batman Returns is a GREAT Tim Burton movie, and had he done it without the Batman name and character, I would have liked it a lot more. But...the Penguine spitting up bile?....penguines in the sewers?...duckmobile?.... sorry, but I'm not digging it as a batman movie.

P.S.

I don't really like Burton as a director, anyway.

-Cheex

That kind of off-kilter quirky menace pervades the Batman comics.

The Joker, anyone?

BATMAN FOREVER was the start of the franchise's decline. BATMAN and RETURNS were pretty good, IMO. I never had a problem with Keaton.

FOREVER had its points, however. The whole psychological angle with Bruce was interesting and done pretty well. Riddler was handled ok. Two-Face was mediocre and out of character in ways I can't ignore.

Of course, Batman has killed in them all so they ignored a major part of his character.

PHANTASM is the only one to really maintain the character's most important traits.

Out of curiosity, how was Two-face portraid out of character in the movie? It's ben a while since I read the comics, so I don't know how much of a difference there was.

I loved the first three movies, and hated the fourth. I thought Batman Forever was good- loved Carrey, didn't care for the camp, but all in all, it was good.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
He also acts like a jackass.

That about sums up his whole character in Batman Forever.

He bares no more than a passing resemblance to the Two-Face of the comics.