TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrigidSoul

Crying over wrestling

You mean like an irrelevant post calling someone a stupid cock....?

irony

Guest SP-1
Sir, I present for your consideration, "Christian Rock." Please, defend that as a legitimate art form.

. . . I'd like to, but this thread is so retarded it isn't worth it.

For the sake of elucidation, I'd call most of what we're discussing as shitty art not even bad art, but failed art. Art is a synthesis of intent and product. If your concept is to illustrate the irrelevancy of form and color by painting a wall blue, you'll probably fail just by virtue of a weak-ass extension of your concept into an insufficient product.

Guest croweater

I can't believe that people are actually saying the WRESTLING isn't art. I bet any scripted fight in a movie or on stage, regardless of how bad or good, would be considered art.

What a bunch of artistic snobs we have on the board....... on a WRESTLING website no less.

I have two definitions for art:

1. Something that tells a story (Film, Song, Lit, Theatre)

2. Something that takes high skill to perform (martial arts)

Wrestling can do both. However, if a wrestling match is performed poorly and does not tell a story (with intent to tell that story), it isn't art.

And I don't think I've ever hugged Curry, have I?

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
Just checking back in.

Yep, still lame.

That's going to help in a big way. With that one brilliant observation that SpiderPoet made, suddenly everyone will come to their senses and stop crying over people crying about people crying. Maybe as soon as the next page. The page after that at the very least, I mean, c'mon now! I'd say the 3rd page, but fuck man that's just pushing bad luck too far.

Guest SP-1
Just checking back in.

Yep, still lame.

That's going to help in a big way. With that one brilliant observation that SpiderPoet made, suddenly everyone will come to their senses and stop crying over people crying about people crying. Maybe as soon as the next page. The page after that at the very least, I mean, c'mon now! I'd say the 3rd page, but fuck man that's just pushing bad luck too far.

OMG SHADOW SOVERIEGN DUSNT THINK AYE CONTRIBUUTE~!

Bah. It's HD. I don't even get my post count fattened by posting here. But I do anyway because I care.

If I wanted to help I would. But I don't want to help a discussion that's spiraled into the very definition of art so that the macho d00dz can feel macho for not having a heart and the artsy kids can feel justified for turning on the water works because someone halfway peeled an orange and displayed it on a plate of fecal matter on the side of the road somewhere.

No. This discussion is lame. Perhaps I did help it by pointing that out. Maybe by the very next page everyone involved will realize how lame this thread truly is and either stop posting in it or start talking about something that isn't lame. You be the judge when I come back and ask if it's still lame.

K? thxbye.

Crying over wrestling is acceptable because crying over anything is acceptable and wrestling is a thing.

Discuss.

Fuck you, Rant. In the ass. One day, I swear, I'm-a get you somethin' fierce.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Fuck you, Rant. In the ass. One day, I swear, I'm-a get you somethin' fierce.

I've never felt so violated by a post ever...and I'm not even Mr. Rant.

Guest INXS
I have two definitions for art:

1. Something that tells a story (Film, Song, Lit, Theatre)

2. Something that takes high skill to perform (martial arts)

Wrestling can do both. However, if a wrestling match is performed poorly and does not tell a story (with intent to tell that story), it isn't art.

It's still art, just art at a poor standard.

I don't know about crying, but I did get a certain amount of satisfaction of seeing Eddy and Benoit in Hogans spot at the end of mania. They are two of my favorite wrestlers getting their time to shine in the spotlight. So kudos for them ya'know? I felt the same way being there for Foleys first title win. It was awesome.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

OK, lets veer this conversation.

Crying over wrestling..we've got mixed opinions.

Now...how about crying over a wrestling messageboard?

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

I've seen some posts that have made me want to cry, but for different reasons than expected.

Discussion and debate turns sour when emotion gets involved and that's the whole purpose of this crazy little thang called forums so if enough emotion is involved to make someone cry than something is definetly wrong.

You were really drunk.

Something tells me the numbers 6 and 9 were involved

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Solely for bitches.

Careful...Popick might start up again.

It's still art, just art at a poor standard.

But if there is no story or no skill involved, then there would be no form for that art. No meaning other than being. I think you do wrestling a disservice when you can qualify _anything_ as long as it is "worked". Two backyard wrestlers hitting each other over the head with chairs-on-fire isn't art. It doesn't take skill or have any meaning behind it. They do it for no reason other than just to do it.

Something tells me the numbers 6 and 9 were involved

6 and 9 makes 15. That's two points.

Curry, did we play Cribbage as well? I tend to do that when I'm drunk. Did I get a really good hand in the crib and was so happy that I hugged you for giving me the right cards?

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
OMG SHADOW SOVERIEGN DUSNT THINK AYE CONTRIBUUTE~!

Bah. It's HD. I don't even get my post count fattened by posting here. But I do anyway because I care.

Oy, I'm having words shoved in my mouth now?

You make it sound like when I judged one single post of yours, I went through every single post of yours for two nights for some good relaxing studytime and came to some sort of conclusion. And that I even blamed you for not giving a shit. No, and a sideplate of more no! So, fuckoffplzkthxbaiTIMESFIFE.