TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Brock Lesnar causing havoc in scrimmage

This makes me fearful for Rex Grossman on September 26th when he gets to play against Brock. This could be Brock/Zach Gowan all over again.

Guest Staravenger

Grossman has one leg?! (shocked) Just kidding....don't get your hopes up though, Brocks chances of getting on the actual roster are slim, and he'll be lucky to be on Special Teams this year. Maybe in a few years he can be a top player or 2nd stringer, but right now I doubt it.

John Clayton was reporting the Vikings were pleased with Brock today, not upset with him. Not only that, the players think highly of him after today.

This is the NFL, if Haurd doesn't want to get hit then he needs to put on the red jersey or else he is a target.

The offensive lineman who shoved Lesnar to start the little shoving match was totally away from the play when it happened and ran over with his sole intention being to shove Brock. Any player in the league would have started something after it. I guess Brock just gets blamed for it because he was a wrestler.

The offensive lineman who shoved Lesnar to start the little shoving match was totally away from the play when it happened and ran over with his sole intention being to shove Brock. Any player in the league would have started something after it. I guess Brock just gets blamed for it because he was a wrestler.

Frankly, I think Meltzer has a grudge or something against him. He had so much of the story wrong that it's not even funny.

He made it sound like Brock started a fight after viciously hitting Huard after the whistle. I'm shocked he didn't claim Brock spit on him and mocked his family.

I guess the Chiefs aren't big fans of Lesnar.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news_article.asp?I...XDKDI5XGJWMFZ7N

CIRCUS IN TOWN: The Vikings have Brock Lesnar on their roster, a former pro wrestling star who is trying to play football for the first time since high school. It’s quite the story in the Twin Cities and Lesnar is watched carefully by the fans and media. The only problem is he can’t play; he’s a defensive tackle with no concept of the game. The Vikings have a member of their staff who leads the guy around and points him in the right direction. During the morning workout he came crashing into Chiefs quarterback Damon Huard’s knees, a no-no for any defensive players, given the fact the QBs are wearing a yellow jersey. It means do not touch. Lesnar later started the first of two melees when he unnecessarily piled onto Chiefs running back Jonathan Smith as he was on the ground. If the Vikings want to waste their time with the guy, that’s fine. But they shouldn’t subject him to another team, when the guy is stumbling around with no sense of the game. It’s a circus and he’s going to hurt somebody.

I was going to make a comment about the quote just posted, but I just saw the other "melee" on ESPNews and I feel secure in ignoring this article.

The other incident was a play where he got tied up with an O lineman and they just went to the ground after the whistle. They held each other's face masks for a few extra seconds and then went on their way. So I guess it is safe to pencil in the Chiefs for a 9-7 record this year, since the team is made up of complete pansies.

Guest El Satanico

It's Dick "I have intense emotional bordering on creepy love for my players" Vermiel...what do you expect

Just because he was a wrestler shouldn't mean everyone here should ignore the absolute stupidity and ignorance of what Lesnar did. He should not have even touched the QB. I don't care if you think that it's nothing that he got the wind knocked out of him, it's not impressive that Brock even sacked him, considering Haurd probably wasn't even expecting to get tackled. The Chiefs have every right to be upset and I'm sure the Vikings would be crying if their QB got knocked out to the sidelines after an unnecessary hard hit in a scrimmage game. I can't wait til some of the real players that Lesnar plays again show him up big time.

Guest El Satanico

They protect the QB too much to begin with. Other than direct helmet to helmet blows and severe helmet spearing(what's the term?) QBs shouldn't get the amount of protection they get.

Just because he was a wrestler shouldn't mean everyone here should ignore the absolute stupidity and ignorance of what Lesnar did. He should not have even touched the QB. I don't care if you think that it's nothing that he got the wind knocked out of him, it's not impressive that Brock even sacked him, considering Haurd probably wasn't even expecting to get tackled. The Chiefs have every right to be upset and I'm sure the Vikings would be crying if their QB got knocked out to the sidelines after an unnecessary hard hit in a scrimmage game. I can't wait til some of the real players that Lesnar plays again show him up big time.

I disagree, even without the hit it is still a sack.

Same can be said the other way around. When you get a player who wants to impress and isn't willing to back down, you can't help but like that as a coach. Not saying it is right or wrong, but it would be the same way either way.

"That's just me, and I don't care what [the Chiefs] think about it," Lesnar told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "I'm here to play football and make the team. I'm going 110 percent. I'm not going to dial it down. That's the game. We've got full pads on. If that's the tempo they want to play, maybe my tempo is a little different."

This is not the kind of attitude that gets you on the team. It's the kind of attitude that makes the coach think you're unrelaible and likely to go off running like Rambo in the event you're given special orders.

In a game situation, fine, a sack is a sack, but in a scrimmage where the QB's are supposed to be off limits, knocking a QB out of a scrimmage is unacceptable. And if Brock was too out of control and into the game to prevent that from happening, that's even worse.

Also, QB's do need as much protection as they get, they are core of the offensive line. I don't think the Chiefs wanted their quarterback out with a few broken ribs after a scrimmage.

In a game situation, fine, a sack is a sack, but in a scrimmage where the QB's are supposed to be off limits, knocking a QB out of a scrimmage is unacceptable.

First of all, Huard wasn't expecting anyone to knock him down, simply because he has the red/yellow jersey on, so any type of tackle by the defense would've knocked the wind out of him. Judging by how the game had played out up to that point, Lesnar wanted to make a statement. The Chiefs knew of Lesnar's quest to get this far, as would any other NFL team, so they decided to make an example out of him. Don't try to make this a "holier than thou" argument where you cast your finger onto Lesnar - simply put, don't take this for more than what is is: THIRD-STRING PLAYERS playing football.

Second of all, it's Damon Huard - the Chiefs basically scratched their heads and said "Whatever" when Lesnar sacked him. That shows how important Damon Huard is to their cause. IIRC, Trent Green took over 95% percent of the snaps last year anyway, so this would all be forgotten about by tomorrow had it not been "professional wrestler" Brock Lesnar who made the tackle.

And if Brock was too out of control and into the game to prevent that from happening, that's even worse.

Let me repeat this again: THIRD-STRING PLAYERS.

Anything that stands out to the coaches is a good thing.

Do the Raven's play Minnesota this year? It would be fun to try and watch Ray Lewis and Brock try and out do the other's INTENSITY~! by spinebustering people on the field.

Look it up on the NFL's schedule, hippie.

No, they don't play each other...

since the [Chiefs] is made up of complete pansies.

Ding-ding, we have a winnar.

A couple of years ago during a Chiefs-Saints scrimmage some of the Chiefs D-lineman were whining because Kyle Turley was playing rough. Even Gunther Cunningham (coach at the time), after reviewing the film, said that Turley was just an INTENSE guy.

Fucking babies

Guest Quik

Well, Brock's gonna kill a man on the field this year. It's gonna happen. If not that, he'll at least paralyze someone.

IIRC, Haurd last year got knocked out of a scrimmage because a defensive end pushed him down on a play.

Teams are just going to make him out to be a scapegoat cause of who he is. They showed the footage on Sportscenter and I didn't see anything wrong.

I still feel Brock is out of position. With his size and speed, I think he'd be a better OLB than this.

Well, Brock's gonna kill a man on the field this year. It's gonna happen. If not that, he'll at least paralyze someone.

I'd buy his jersey.

Guest Just Looking
Vermeil on Lesnar: “This ring is too big for him.”

The Chiefs will just put out a bounty on the first player to take out Lesnar, might as well do an old wrestling angle. :D

The Chiefs should give Harley Race a call- he knows a thing or two about those, plus he's in the area. Give Dick Slater and Bob Orton a call as well.

Everytime I read this thread, I think of the part in Necessary Roughness where the second-string QB is in the game cowering behind the ref and yelling "BLOW THE WHISTLE! BLOW THE WHISTLE!"

That Brock-Huard photo certainly backs up that viewpoint for me.

Everytime I read this thread, I think of the part in Necessary Roughness where the second-string QB is in the game cowering behind the ref and yelling "BLOW THE WHISTLE! BLOW THE WHISTLE!"

That Brock-Huard photo certainly backs up that viewpoint for me.

Papke...gotta love Papke

The announcers in KC would cry for days if Green went down and they were stuck with Haurd at QB.

Guest Staravenger
from the Saturday star:

2004887116341359868693.jpg

"C'mere, gimme a hug!"

"Aw crap."

EDIT: Brock the homophone has 69 as his number lololololololol

Huard looks like he's running away from Jason Vorhees or something...Hilarious. Someone could easily photoshop a picture of a bear or something over Brock, both have the same look.