TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Staravenger

WWE Wrestlers Upset Over Dress Code Policy...

Guest Staravenger
WWE workers are now constantly grumbling about the new dress code recently implemented by WWE management and are not bothering to hide it. Wrestlers are now expected to dress in a more business like manner while traveling to and from events. Many WWE wrestlers, most vocally Bob Holly, have complained and said that the mandatory dress code is an unfair burden on wrestlers who already face a tough travel schedule.

The complaining really got started in Corpus Christi at a recent house show when temperatures were in the 100 degree range. Wrestlers complained that they were forced to wear long pants and dress shirts to comply with the dress code, while everyone else was allowed to wear t-shirts and shorts.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

All athletes in NBA/MLB/NHL etc. have to do the same thing (hell, even in high school you had to dress up before a game for football and basketball), so I don't get the bitching. I'm not even surprised Holly is the most vocal about it, he's always running his mouth.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I am glad Holly spoke up..........

maybe now they'll finally fire his ass.

Guest KJ Brackish

Give Holly the fucking ultimatum. Dress as the code says or get the fuck outta here~! Tis would be my direction of speech toward him.

KJ

Maybe if they fire Holly, we can get the highly anticipated Jeff Jarrett vs. Hardcore Holly match in TNA! YEAH!!!!

B-)

But yeah, I can see the dress code being a pain in the ass, but they won't do much besides grumble about it.

What is this dress-code for exactly?

Seriously...what wrestling fan, turning up in jeans at the arena, would object to Hardcore Holly wearing jeans? I mean seriously...it's not like any of the roster need to be dressed up for anyone in particular. After all, the national news companies aren't exactly clamouring for wrestling stories.

Guest Staravenger

Shirt, dress pants, and a tie most likely. Or how JR & Lawler have been dressing on RAW lately.

Guest KJ Brackish

Seriously...what wrestling fan, turning up in jeans at the arena, would object to Hardcore Holly wearing jeans? I mean seriously...it's not like any of the roster need to be dressed up for anyone in particular. After all, the national news companies aren't exactly clamouring for wrestling stories.

I'm taking this as they actually want to be viewed as professional athletes (as in par with NBA and NFL), so they implemented this. It's a good idea IMO. Lower's morale, but seemingly makes them look good in the long run.

KJ

It's definitely a tough issue but I think in the long run it'll keep WWE associated with things that are better in image.

Of course it could not be productive at all and simply be one more waste of time.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

Shirt, dress pants, and a tie most likely. Or how JR & Lawler have been dressing on RAW lately.

Lwler stopped wearing the King's outfit??!?!

I like this...makes them more professional....all the big sports do it as well...so I guess WWE is trying to change there image a little bit...I like it..

Guest Loss

It's a double-edge sword. They try to do legitimate things like run a HOF and implement a dress code, then they have dumb whores sell ice cream cones and psychos impregnating other guys' girlfriends. They need to pick a vision and stick to it.

Weren't they trying to keep up kayfabe away from the right awhile back? If that's the case, I just can't see a guy like Eugene or Kane coming into the building in a dress shirt and dress pants.

Guest Loss

Or The Undertaker.

And will Bradshaw get heat backstage for showing up in a suit, since that's his wrestling gimmick attire and doing so is apparently against locker room etiquette? That's one of the excuses the locker room came up with to hate the NWO in 2002, so let's see how fair they are.

Would Cena wear a suit?

I think this is a petty thing to complain about. When my swim team/volleyball teams travel, we have to dress nicely. I guess in hot weather, it'd suck. But right when you got to the arena, you could change in other clothes.

Rey Mysterio would look stupid dressed up in a suit with his mask on. The mask would sort of negate the suit..

Not really. Luchadors do it all the time down in Mexico.

Guest Dazed

What a ridiculous waste of time, there's things that far more people see that are damaging to the WWE's image.

Guest SethforPrez840

Triple H wont let this happen... everyone would look like Evolution. Besides how would we tell the faces from the heels? Faces always dress like a fan would where heels dress like they're above everyone else.

If Hardcore Holly is opposing it, it must be good. Welcome to the 21st century, where there's air conditioning once you get into the arena. Oh, and it's in cars too!

Tough guy, my ass.

If Hardcore Holly is opposing it, it must be good. Welcome to the 21st century, where there's air conditioning once you get into the arena. Oh, and it's in cars too!

Tough guy, my ass.

:lol: :lol:

Too true. Why is Holly always bitching and moaning? Hasn't he caused enough damage this year?

Let's see.....

Main eventing for smackdown at the Royal Rumble starting the trend of midcarders 4 life getting into the wwe title scope.

Was an excuse for Brock Lesnar complaining about travelling to Africa. Weeks later he sent the man out of the sport.

Injured Matt Capotelli(sp?) and caused Jackie to get the crusiwerweight title.

Complained with Billy Gunn about the younger and newer guys getting a push over him. Supposedly bitched out Vince Mcmahon.

Maybe this is the wwe's way of trying to make him quit B-)

Guest KJ Brackish

Tough guy, my ass.

OMFG.... one thing me n' kotz agree on?!? The 21st century is truely a twilight zone indeed.

Dress attire isn't really much to complain about. If he was in Phoenix and complaining then I'd understand slightly because in Phoenix, whether your in air conditioning or not, it's hot. He still should quit his bitching.

KJ

Tough guy, my ass.

OMFG.... one thing me n' kotz agree on?!? The 21st century is truely a twilight zone indeed.

Dress attire isn't really much to complain about. If he was in Phoenix and complaining then I'd understand slightly because in Phoenix, whether your in air conditioning or not, it's hot. He still should quit his bitching.

KJ

But he's a VETERAN, by God. He has not only the right but the AUTHORITY to piss and moan.

I dont get why any athlete's, be they wrestlers or footballers, need to dress up. They're athlete's, not accounants. A wrestler is most visible when he is in the ring, and most of them wear tights. Unless they all start wrestling in gear like IRS did in the early/mid-nineties then i see it as pointless to make them dress up outside the ring. I'm with Holly on his whinge, but i still dont like the guy.

Oh my I am surprised by these posts...get a clue...everyone knows wrestling is scripted and a act...there is no need to stay in character when you are going out...or traveling.....I like this new rule by the executives at the front office...lets be more professional...

Actually I agree with Holly on this one. A dress code is ridiculous given the other things they are required to do.

But they should fire his worthless ass anyway.