TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Who is getting Summerslam?

Depite my lack of effort to watch WWE much anymore because it's just a fucking head ache when I watch it and try to understand what the hell they are thinking, I think I'll get the PPV with the typical 4-5 friends and all chip in to watch. We more or less socialize then watch the show...well, that's what we did with Vengeance.

Anywho, the only thing that looks even appealing to this show is Angle/Guerrero II and that's IT. I don't care about seeing Benoit lose to Orton, JBL/Taker, the Divas shit, the Lita/Kane angle and whatever the hell else is going on during the show.

What about you? At least I don't feel like I'm the only one who has lost hope this year in WWE because the ratings are going down the fucking shitter.

It looks like a pretty good card overall. I'll probably get it sometime after I read reviews and all that. JBL/Taker, Benoit/Orton, and Eddie/Angle all look really good.

I'll be at the show. I'm interested in seeing Angle/Guerrero and the six man tag mostly. Despite a mediocre card it;ll still be fun to see one of the bigger PPV's live 8 rows behind the ring. Still need sign ideas though since i'll be along entrance aisle and in view of the camera

I'll be at the show. I'm interested in seeing Angle/Guerrero and the six man tag mostly. Despite a mediocre card it;ll still be fun to see one of the bigger PPV's live 8 rows behind the ring. Still need sign ideas though since i'll be along entrance aisle and in view of the camera

Dunno about signs but during the Diva crap, try and start a 'We Want Wrestling' chant. Please.

Guest fanofcoils

This card is like Wrestlemania XX, not interesting at all, but since it is one of the biggest PPVs of the year, people will get it.

Guest TigerDriver91

I already have a ticket for SummerSlam so obviously I will be going to see it.

Like every month, my buddy orders it for our circle of wrestling fans, so I pay my fiver and watch the fit hit the shan, for better or worse.

SS should be no different, unless his flight from Chicago is cancelled and he doesn't make it home on time.

I like the card except the WWE Championship and Kane / Hardy match, I'll watch it.

I'd actually like to go to Summerslam, even though the card isn't that great. I've never been to a PPV event.

Funds are an issue though.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Its actually the 3rd biggest show of the year, not to break balls.

I think the card is solid, most if not all the matches seem to be at least good. It looks better than last year's show anyway.

"Benoit deserves better"

"This Game is retarded"

"Flair: Still crazy after all these years"

"MUGATaker"

"Who the fuck is that? Wait, it's Paul London."

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I'll get the MUGAriffic webcast.

Oh, and guys... don't feel bad about Benoit. My favorite guy is jobbing to Bradshaw and set to feud with Heidenreich.

Depite my lack of effort to watch WWE much anymore because it's just a fucking head ache when I watch it and try to understand what the hell they are thinking, I think I'll get the PPV with the typical 4-5 friends and all chip in to watch. We more or less socialize then watch the show...well, that's what we did with Vengeance.

Anywho, the only thing that looks even appealing to this show is Angle/Guerrero II and that's IT. I don't care about seeing Benoit lose to Orton, JBL/Taker, the Divas shit, the Lita/Kane angle and whatever the hell else is going on during the show.

You didn't mention Eugene/HHH, London/Kidman/Mysterio/ v. Dudleys or Cena/Booker, as well as just glossing over the possbility of a **** match between Benoit and Orton, and a strong *** encounter with JBL and Taker.

If you simply don't pay attention to the shows, how can you get excited about any of the matches in the first place?

What about you? At least I don't feel like I'm the only one who has lost hope this year in WWE because the ratings are going down the fucking shitter.

I don't know how 3.0 or higher classifies as "the shitter", especially since that's still a consistent top-ten finish in the ratings for cable television programs.

I plan on ordering it unless my cable box doesn't work. I'm really looking forward to Benoit-Orton, Angle-Eddie, the Six-Man Tag, and the IC Title match. The rest I don't care much about, but Summerslam is usually good and worth the money with only a few exceptions, like last year.

I like the card except the WWE Championship and Kane / Hardy match, I'll watch it.

Same for me. I'm going to the show, and I'm just glad SD! has picked itself out of the gutter. When I bought the tickets, things were looking grim.

I usually stay optomistic. But then it just gets worse and worse, so I think as a long-time fan, I'll bitch.

How is it getting worse and worse when the product is MUCH better then it was last year?

Going to watch it at the movie theatre as I have been every show since Backlash (except Judgment Day, because it looked awful, and GAB, because they didn't show it... and it looked awful). Looking forward to pretty much everything in some way except JBL/Taker, but then they did have a good match in 1995 so who knows. HHH/Eugene is actually the match I'm looking forward to the most... with Eugene pissed, there will be no time for comedy (though I have enjoyed his last two PPV comedy matches) and he'll be in there with his great wrestling.

Guest Bitterness the Star

I get every WWE PPV - for me not to for a company that I've followed for so long would just seem inferior.

This looks to be quite a damn good card, apart from an obvious omission or two - this reminds of WrestleMania XIX, too, in that it has four main events, those being Triple H/Eugene, Kurt Angle/Eddy Guerrero, Undertaker/Bradshaw and Chris Benoit/Randy Orton.

All of those have something to offer. The undercard could be better, but contains nothing offensive.

Hell, if I'll get Judgment Day 2004, I'll sure as fuck get this.

Guest Dazed

I'm looking forward to Benoit / Orton, and Angle / Eddie, which is as much as I'm usually looking forward to. Anything else will be a bonus.

Getting it free helps, too.

Guest BillyTheStud

Am I the only one who likes today's product better than the WWE in 2002 and 2003? Granted that's not saying all that much but still...

I'll definatly be watching it. The card is pretty appealing to me as i'm looking forward to everything on the card in one way or another especailly Benoit/Orton, HHH/Eugene and Jericho/Batista/Edge.

I'm getting it for free as i'm in the UK but if this was one of the few we had to pay for over here at the moment i'd still be getting it. I more or less see every PPV event as a group of 3 of us always stay around one of our houses and watch it so its always fun even if the cards poor.

Guest Bitterness the Star

Agreed with above about looking forward to eve... mostly everything on the card.

Billy, 2002 had the more entertaining PPV, 2003 had the more surprises, 2004 has... um...

Chris Benoit as World Heavyweight Champion? That's about what's gotten me through the WWE year.

I usually stay optomistic. But then it just gets worse and worse, so I think as a long-time fan, I'll bitch.

How is it getting worse and worse when the product is MUCH better then it was last year?

The WRESTLING is better than it was last year...not the product, storylines, and entertainment factor.

Look at the World Champs last year at this time (after Summerslam): HHH and Angle.

Orton and Bradshaw (after Summerslam)???

It's much better now...

I don't know how 3.0 or higher classifies as "the shitter", especially since that's still a consistent top-ten finish in the ratings for cable television programs. 

Yeah, it's top ten because there's nothing else to watch right now. Wait til the fall when the playoffs for Baseball and Football starts up...and also when the new season starts for sit coms and such. I'd be surprised if it was still high. And considering what they were doing last year on Smackdown for ratings (August 14, 2003 was 3.5...http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwfsmck.htm is my source), I'd say something is wrong.

Two MMA cards the next week (the mindblowingly better PRIDE card and a superior UFC card) sez "no buy". Oh, and my interest in the promotion being at an all-time low helps too. Jesus Christ, it's so fucking boring. Next week, those two MMA cards will fill up the yearly excitement quota that the WWE is failing to do on every single level.

The WRESTLING is better than it was last year...not the product, storylines, and entertainment factor.

So... it's wrong to find wrestlnig entertaining?