TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Late night talk show shakeup coming..

The guys real name is Sasha Cohen? I really prefer the Borat character more as he would be gold doing the fake news or 5 questions.

The Ali G show is on HBO or Showtime.

The guys real name is Sasha Cohen? I really prefer the Borat character more as he would be gold doing the fake news or 5 questions.

The Ali G show is on HBO or Showtime.

Sasha Cohen might be a good choice. Ali G on TV every night gets old very quickly.

Of course, they'll probably hire that kid who does a talk show from his house, and does a Carson-like monolgue with Leno-type humour (read: none at all).

Guest El Satanico

They should hire Colin Quinn

:crickets chirp:

Why do I get the feeling that I'm the only person that likes him...

Fine...how aboot Larry The Cable Guy

I'm sorry but Colin Quinn cannot do the show by himself. What are they going to do stand around the bandstand and gossip about current topics? Its not going to work, I barely can stand Tough Crowd as it is. I rather watch Mo Rocca pretend to be Dennis Miller but actually be funny every night.

Anyone but Will Ferrell. He sucks. I just don't understand his appeal...

He's only one of the funniest people on the planet who can get laughs doing almost everything.

Regarding Norm:

I don't know- He's kinda lost it recently. He has this big grey beard and moustache and looks like a grizzled old man.

On talk shows he's famous for interrupting the second guest whenever he's on a show. I don't know how that would work as a host

I like Quinn, but he would be a horrible host. He absolutely cannot do anything scripted, and would stumble and stutter his way into an early firing. As for Tough Crowd, Quinn does not make that show, the guests do...

My suggestions:

The Late Late Show with Max Weinberg

The Late Late Show with Mark Pender

The Late Late Show with La Bamba

The Late Late Show with Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

The Late Late Show with Fed-Ex Pope

The Late Late Show with Cactus Chef playing "We Didn't Start the Fire" on a Flute

The Late Late Show with Walker, Texas Ranger

what could kilborn have better to do than this?

i like Norm but couldnt see him..or Quinn..im still grated from Quinn's weekend update

they should try to find a more obscure person and build him as NBC did Conan that way there is no preconceptions

I'm sorry but Colin Quinn cannot do the show by himself.

He doesn't have to. They could just move Tough Crowd into the spot. Viacom owns both Comedy Central and CBS.

That's what ABC did with Politically Incorrect.

My suggestions:

The Late Late Show with Max Weinberg

The Late Late Show with Mark Pender

The Late Late Show with La Bamba

The Late Late Show with Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

The Late Late Show with Fed-Ex Pope

The Late Late Show with Cactus Chef playing "We Didn't Start the Fire" on a Flute

The Late Late Show with Walker, Texas Ranger

Frankenstein & Coked up Werewolf wants to waste 90 minutes of your time. The show would consist of Frankie running around the studios of NBC pointing out random items and/or going to the SNL studio to annoy cast members. Or Werewolf going on wild adventures like trying to get into the Roxbury Club.

Guest thebigjig

Didn't Will Ferrell guest host for Letterman when he was out? I didn't see it but I remember hearing that he wasn't that great...

Guest Dids
Anyone but Will Ferrell. He sucks. I just don't understand his appeal...

Wrong answer.

Will Ferrell wouldn't work as a talk show host. He'd be way too watered down. And if he did without Adam McKay as exec producer/writer- it'd be a complete and utter disaster

Will Ferrell is a big movie star now, he wouldn't work on a talk show whether he would be watered down or not.

Maybe Jimmy Fallon.. although I hope not..

What about David Spade doing the Finch character as the host of the late night show?

I would prefer anybody but Martain Short. I hate his damn Jimney Glick character...

I offer the following alternative scenerio:

Simply have Viacom rerun that night's Daily Show and Tough Crowd or Crossballs on free TV. That's an hour long block plus by putting it on after midnight that would let them get by any standards and practice problems...