TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Best Wrestling Quotes...

Guest liecheatsteal69

The "Cane Dewey" Promo by Cactus Jack in his ECW days.

Also that promo from Smokey Mountain Wrestling against Chris Candido

I can't remember it all but some bits go like this,

"I will will makle him bleed-O, Chris Candido"

"He will feast upon these giant Cheetos"

From Vengeance 2002, in Detroit

"A teenage Edge saved up his money so he could go to WrestleMania 3 and watch Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior... I want to correct myself, that was WrestleMania 6. WrestleMania 3 of course was right here in Chicago" - Jim Ross on commentary during Hogan/Edge vs. Christian/Storm.

Edit: Put JR's name in.

Guest Staravenger

"A teenage Edge saved up his money so he could go to WrestleMania 3 and watch Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior... I want to correct myself, that was WrestleMania 6. WrestleMania 3 of course was right here in Chicago"

Let me guess....Jim Ross? If so...wow, that is horrible. Everyone knows Wrestlemania III was at Casaers Palace in Las Vegas, NV!

"A teenage Edge saved up his money so he could go to WrestleMania 3 and watch Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior... I want to correct myself, that was WrestleMania 6. WrestleMania 3 of course was right here in Chicago"

Let me guess....Jim Ross? If so...wow, that is horrible. Everyone knows Wrestlemania III was at Casaers Palace in Las Vegas, NV!

And it was an FU to Crockett who wanted to have Clash of the Champions there on the same day.

Cactus Jack at a local indy show: "I know it's been a few months since you've seen me on TV, but I would really appreciate it if nobody would make any comments about how big my ass has gotten lately."

This is from the 10/16/99 WCW Thunder, when Kevin Nash did color commentary, with all this stuff from www.ddtdigest.com.

"Nash says he has a video package for the fans. It's a replay of the Goldberg-Sid Vicious situation. Nash is doing a John Facenda-like NFL Films narration. I'm dyin' here. "Bill Goldberg - a bald-headed man with a tattoo - who only has one loss - to the great warrior - ..Kevin Nash - ..standing in the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field --- (Sid comes on) - ..Sid Vicious- .. 6 foot ten - ..290! - ..no - .315! -..no -.350! -.no FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY SEVEN POUNDS!" Oh man, this is priceless. And it goes on. This is great. Beyond words. At the end Tenay says, "shades of Mystery Science Theater." That was good."

===========

[buff Bagwell gets beat down by Lex Luger and and Rick Steiner.]

Tenay: And here comes LA PARKA! Why is La Parka coming out here?

Nash: Because we got to the booking meeting late today, Tenay.

Tenay: It's the all-shoot edition of Thunder, folks!

============

Nash: "They should have known Meng was going to win...nobody loses after having a big video package of them right before the match!"

Guest drake

I cant remember exactly.

Edge (To X-Pac) 1999 called, they want their gimmick back.

Or something like that.

Guest Staravenger

That happend twice more. Jericho said it to X-Pac at the No Mercy 2000 PPV I think, making fun of him for still wearing DX colors.

Edge told Billy Gunn the night after KOTR 01 something along the lines of that too.

Steve Austin: "Do you know what my watch is saying?"

RVD: "I've never heard that watch."

Chavo Guerrero Jr, after finding a notary public stamp in Stevie Ray's bag: "Hey! I can finally drive! And I can get married! Anybody want to get married?"

Guest Staravenger

Billionaire Ted: All right listen men. We need more action from our stars. I-I-I want them to pull out all the stops!

Executive #1: OK Boss, we have some suggestions. As you can see this first maneuver is extremely impressive (Razors Edge).

Vince Russo: You think you can pull it off Huckster?

Huckster: No way, brother!

Executive #2: OK, that's a tough one, Nacho, how about this maneuver? (Pearl River Plunge)

Nacho Man: No way, never!

Executive #2: How about the Jackknife?

Nacho Man: Ain't done it in my entire career, and ain't about to try it now! (snaps into a Slim Jim)

Executive #3: How about climbing the ropes and performing aerial tactics?

The Huckster: Brother, at my age, my feet don't leave the ground!

Billionaire Ted: Well tell us what you boys CAN do?

(The Huckster starts cupping his ear as Nacho prances around waving his finger up in the air)

Announcer: You cant teach old dogs new tricks. The New WWF Generation. On top of the hill, not over it.

Guest Askewniverse

Christian: "You don't know anything about Europe! What's the capital of Belgium?"

Rob Van Dam: "Waffles?"

Kurt Angle (to Justin Credible): "You know, if you say your last name immediately after your first name, it sounds like 'just incredible.' Get it? 'Just incredible!' That's incredible!"

Edge/Christian: This TOTALLY REEKS of Heinousity.

[paraphrased]

(during a Rock/Angle match, Angle is on the outside yelling at the Pittsburgh fans)

Angle: How dare you boo Kurt Angle, I'm from Pittsburgh, I was born down the road at Mercy Hospital!

(Rock strikes Angle from behind and steals the microphone)

Rock: It doesn't matter where you were born!

(Foley/Rock meet the Dudleys)

Rock: Who are you two roody-poos?

Bubba: You should know by now that we are the Duh-Duh-Duh-Duh-Duh...

Rock: I-I-I-I-IT Doesn't Matter What Your Name Is!

From an ECW house show. Lance Storm is wrestling Super Crazy, and the crowd starts chanting "USA":

Storm: Who the hell are you rooting for? I'm from Calgary...Alberta, Canada, and he's from Mexico!

The crowd (led by me) begins shouting "Mexico! Mexico!"

From the same show, Raven (w/Francine) to CW Anderson (w/Elektra): "It was nice of you to bring your grandmother to the show. She can't be a day older than 85. Maybe 69. Make that 68, I'll owe her one."

Christian: "You don't know anything about Europe! What's the capital of Belgium?"

Rob Van Dam: "Waffles?"

:lol:

After reading the enormous amount of hysterical RVD quotes in this thread, I've completely changed my tune about him. Not only is he actually passable on the mic, but he's the best delivery man in the history of the business.

This is the best I could find that hasn't yet been mentioned:

*RVD is doing yoga backstage*

*Kane's boots appear on screen*

*RVD looks puzzled..then smiles and gets up*

RVD: Uh..huh..what's up, Kane?

Kane: Rob, you are one hell of a tag team partner.

RVD: Well..*blushes*

Kane: But tonight, it's both of us in the Royal Rumble. Now two years ago, I was in the Rumble for an hour. And I came thisclose, one man short, of winning the whole thing. So make no mistake about it, if only one man is standing between me and winning the Royal Rumble, I will make no mistake to eliminate him.

*awkward pause*

RVD: Hey, that's cool man. Totally understandable!

RVD interrupting John Cena at RR the next year was gold as well.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

RVD is perfectly fine on the mic if he's allowed to just be himself. Tell him to go out there and cut an angry intense promo and you're fucked though. Seems to do best when he has someone to play off of too. His delivery sometimes seems a lil odd too just because everyone else in the ring is snorting and screaming their heads off and theres him, just calmly going about it all.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but this needs to be brought back to light.

Goldust dressed as Darth Vader: I am your father.

Big Show:..My Dad's dead.

Show's delivery was just perfect in responce.

"It doesn't make you bad losing to Rob Van Dam... it just makes you like everybody else."

It's just such a good dickish heel comment....and the man was a face at the time.

This one always made me chuckle:

Alright, this is from the week after Kane and RVD faced Triple H and uh, maybe Ric Flair(?). Anywho, Evolution takes out Kane, and steals his mask, so he runs to the back covering his face. Of course RVD gets beat.

So the next week, RVD and Kane are in Bishoff's lockerroom. Rob is, justifiliby so, pissed. So Kane gets all angry and yells that they took off his mask.

"So you can't fight without your mask? Who are you, Spiderman?"

It was just so random, it was great.

Here are a couple of quotes from when Jericho pretty much just debuted in WWF, and was feuding with Ken Shamrock:

"Oh my God - I've killed Kenny!"

“This is not a fabricated, pretend sport like the Ultimate Fighting Championships...no, this is sports entertainment. This is real!”

"You can't HANDLE Y2J because I am one BAD mamma jamma!"

(Shamrock lifts a bat he's holding.)

"What are you gonna do? It's a STEEL cage, you can't get in here, you idiot!"

Here's another Jericho quote, from when he was in WCW I believe:

"I am going to be known for generations to come not as an icon, not as a legend, but as a legacy! Yeah, a legacy! My momma's going to be so proud!"

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Sid during the post '92 Rumble altercation with Hogan:

"I WILL RIP OFF YOUR NUTS!"

I remember a Smackdown where it's Edge's birthday and Christian gets him a kazoo.

Edge: "Alright! Long live the 'zoo!"

They then go in and bother HHH and Angle, if I remember, playing their them music (and Edge's too) on the kazoo.

Edge and Christian singing to "Medal": "Angle! Angle! Angle! Angle!"

IRS tries to slide out of the ring, and Animal steps on his tie:

Brain: "He's standing on his tongue!"

-------

Mr. Perfect beats Doink in a KOTR qualifier in '93, despite interference by another Doink. Problem was, Perfect pinned the interfering Doink. So of course Heenan (who still was denying there were two Doinks) is going of:

Heenan: "NO! HE PINNED THE WRONG DOINK!"

JR: "But you said there was only one Doink!"

Heenan: "Well no, what I meant was, he didn't beat the wrong Doink, I meant, it was wrong for him to beat Doink!"

Guest ally mccoist

"I'm just a Booker T (Booker T!) I'm not your sucka (sucka!)"

-Booker T singing to HBK's theme, I think thats how it went.

From MLW, of all places:

Eric Garguilo: The Samoans are so intimidating though. How can anyone survive against the Samoans?

Corino: Its very easy. Beat them.

"The Rock knows the history of the WCW title. The Rock knows that the title can be traced back to Frank Gotch, Lou Thesz, Ricky Steamboat and - wooooo! - Ric Flair. The Rock also knows what in recent years the WCW title has come to: Diamond Dallas Page, Booker T, the guy from Scream 2, the dog from Married...With Children. Shane McMahon, this WCW title is just like your sister: everybody gets a turn."

-The Rock, obviously

"It ain't funny, it ain't cute. He makes me sick"

-Austin on RVD.

(Off memory from Souled Out 1998)

"Thank you! Thank you! I did it! I finally did it! Tonight is the greatest night of my life!!! I am the new Cruiserweight Champion! But more importantly than that, I learned one thing about each and every one of you people . . . You like me! I mean you really really like me! . . . (Crowd boos) Hey, you don't want to be booing for me. (Crowd still boos) Don't you boo me! (Boooooooo) Alright, I'll give you something to boo about . . . (kicks Mysterio) C'mon Boooo! (kicks Mysterio again, and in a frustrated/raspy voice) C'mon n' Boooooo!!! Let's boooo! (Mysterio continues to be attacked and then to put the dot on the exclamation point is taken out w/ a steel case) . . . I'm sorry . . . I'm sorry . . . I'm sorry.

- Chris Jericho after winning the CW Title

Guest Askewniverse

Kurt Angle: "I can be extreme! I drank milk a day after it expired. Now THAT is extreme!"

Kurt Angle (after being challenged to a match by Raven): "I'll take you on in any kind of match you want, buddy."

Raven: "Fine. ECW rules, then."

Kurt Angle: "Fine with me. By the way, ECW doesn't rule...the WWF rules, pal!"

Bobby Heenan (during the Piper vs. Hart match at WrestleMania VIII): "Two ugly people staring at each other...that's fun."

(During a Hogan vs. Flair match)

Eric Bischoff: "When Flair walked by, he held up four fingers. That was the sign of the Four Horsemen."

Bobby Heenan: "When Hogan walked by, I held up one finger."

The Rock: "Booker T - hair done by Whoopie, Shane McMahon - still a pussy!"

The Rock: "Booker T - punk ass sucka, Shane McMahon - silver spoon mother fucker!"

Rock: 2+2 = Thomas Jefferson, sucka.

--

Rock: The WWE Title is bigger than the People's Elbow... it's bigger than the Spinaroonie (*Booker T does a double take*).. and it's bigger than the... what, what do you do? You have a finishing move?

Goldust: I have more ammunition in my cannon...

Rock: Nobody wants to hear about your cannon! Stop touching yourself!

(not entirely accurate, but you get the idea)

--

Tony: What are we going to do tonight Brain?

Brain: The same thing we do everynight Tony.. TRY AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD

(Note: This quote is false... I just liked seeing Hennan refered to simply as "Brain" above)

--

Booker: Yo, Japanese people, what's up wit yo nasty hair? Take it from me, Booker T, the five time WCW champion, that just because you know Kung-Fu doesn't mean you know Sham-poo.

(Torrie explains that Tajiri is offended by this, saying his hair isn't very good either. Booker demands Tajiri to speak up about it)

Tajiri: (Japanese accent) Buckwheat on crack.

Heenan: "That's it, Ric! Go to the floor, make him come after you, then pick up a chair!"

(From WrestleMania 3 about Koko B. Ware)

Ventura: "Of course, you know the B stands for Buckwheat."

Monsoon: "No it doesn't."

Ventura: "Oh, yes it does! I understand he has a brother too, named Stimey."

Monsoon: "Will you stop?"

Ventura: "Wears a derby."

From the DDP/Hennig match at Starcade 97, DDP drapes Hennig's legs and runs his crotch into the ringpost.

Dusty says, "Iron Mike what do you call that? Is that one of them hummburcanranas?"

Rock: 2+2 = Thomas Jefferson, sucka.

--

Rock: The WWE Title is bigger than the People's Elbow... it's bigger than the Spinaroonie (*Booker T does a double take*).. and it's bigger than the... what, what do you do? You have a finishing move?

Goldust: I have more ammunition in my cannon...

Rock: Nobody wants to hear about your cannon! Stop touching yourself!

(not entirely accurate, but you get the idea)

--

Tony: What are we going to do tonight Brain?

Brain: The same thing we do everynight Tony.. TRY AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD

(Note: This quote is false... I just liked seeing Hennan refered to simply as "Brain" above)

--

Booker: Yo, Japanese people, what's up wit yo nasty hair? Take it from me, Booker T, the five time WCW champion, that just because you know Kung-Fu doesn't mean you know Sham-poo.

(Torrie explains that Tajiri is offended by this, saying his hair isn't very good either. Booker demands Tajiri to speak up about it)

Tajiri: (Japanese accent) Buckwheat on crack.

I know that Booker Japan shampoo sketch by heart (well mostly)

"Yo Japanese People, what the deal with your nasty hair? Now you may know all about Kung-fU (does karate poses) but that doesn't mean you know shampoo

New Yakamoshi shampoo- It won't make your hair look as good as mine (shakes head) but hey you gotta start somewhere"