TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

SJ- I can see the producers keeping Libby in a coma until they see how her new CBS show does. I think in the end she's dead regardless but if the show bombs and they can bring her back to do a flashback ep they probably will. It's not like Rodriguez where everybody is begging for her to be killed off.

Oh, hey, nobody mentioned the AWESOMENESS of Jin's "thumbs-up" to Hurley on the beach? That was GREAT. In fact, that whole sequence w/ Libby & Hurley was great.

"This is our beach. Look - there's Jin!" ::camera pans to Jin::

The thumbs-up by Jin was classic. Even if that was his only scene in this week's episode, it still made me crack up. Gotta love it.

And man, Jack's father and Sawyer have ran into everyone in Australia.

The significance of Libby holding the blankets was that she was getting them for the picnic for her and Hurley, since he forgot to bring them for their date. I don't think it was something to be read into too much.

If only Hurley had remembered the blankets.

Man I think Hurleyis going to kill himself. Probably blame his bad luck.

"Bad things happen to people who are around me." From his vigniette before Season 2.

pretty good episode... unfortunatly I made the mistake of watching season 1's "tabula rasa" and "walkabout" right before it (I was with a Lost newbie who's watching the dvds), and I realize this Lost isn't even a pimple on the ass of the Lost that made me a hardcore addict.

Apparently JJ Abrhams has been telling in interviews that the LOST finale is "the greatest finale ever" and that it even shocked him, and that it blows the 1st season finale out of the water.

It kind of bugs me that all these actresses/actors on this show are having disputes. Man, if I was on this show, I'd fucking do it for free.

You're nuts, man - Hawaii's fucking expensive. You'd at least ask for living expenses and a decent per diem...

Apparently JJ Abrhams has been telling in interviews that the LOST finale is "the greatest finale ever" and that it even shocked him, and that it blows the 1st season finale out of the water.

the series or season finale?

Guest Vitamin X

Looking for any new books this summer?

Bad Twin has only been available for three days, but the book has already nabbed endorsements from two high-profile names: Sawyer and Hurley.

Hyperion Books released the mystery novel Tuesday, marking one small step for Lost promotional tie-ins and one giant leap from fiction to reality.

The book, written by fictitious Oceanic Flight 815 passenger Gary Troup—for those without their decoder rings, his name is an anagram of "purgatory"—is being billed as the last manuscript from the author, who supposedly dropped the book off at his publisher just days before perishing on the made-for-TV flight.

ABC announced plans to market the character's book last November and have since managed to crowbar in several scenes which find castaways perusing the manuscript, which miraculously managed to survive the crash, the ocean, the fires and the routine pillages by the seemingly illiterate Others with all its pages in tact.

Just as miraculously, the completed book also managed to find its way to a Disney-owned publishing house.

"We got this manuscript from this guy and we couldn't reach him," Hyperion president Bob Miller told the Associated Press. "He apparently got on this plane in Australia and has been lost at sea."

The book's cover features a tantalizing selling point for would-be Troup fans, declaring the mystery "His Final Novel Before Disappearing on Oceanic Flight 815."

The plot, pieced together for fans who may actually read the book and not just scan lines for clues pertaining to the series, centers on the detective Paul Artisan who is hired to track down the "bad twin" Zander Widmore by his "good twin" Cliff. Along the way, Artisan enlists the help of a good buddy who just so happens to be well-versed in biblical parables and metaphors on the meaning of life.

As expected, Bad Twin is chalk full of cheeky references to the primetime juggernaut, including several mentions of the 17th century philosopher John Locke (that's the sound of legions of Lost fans perking up), a makeshift boat named "Escape Hatch," allusions to life being complicated and unable to be boiled down to something as simple as, say, "a string of numbers," and of course, most of the action takes place on a mysterious—and fictional—island.

"As with every island, there was something slippery and mysterious about Peconciquot," the book reads, per an excerpt from the Toronto Sun. "It was connected to the larger world, and then again it wasn't. It had a logic of its own, a highly local mythology that made perfect sense within its confines yet fitted uneasily with the mind-habits of the world beyond its boundaries."

That clears that up.

For those fans wishing to check out more of Troup's work, they may want to dig up his first novel, The Valenzetti Equation. That is, if it actually existed they might. The book is described as centering on a mathematical equation which predicts the apocalypse and while no more specifics have been released, it's likely Lost fans could hazard an accurate guess as to which numbers may be involved in the solution.

Still, should fans decide to crack open Bad Twin, they'd be in good, albeit fake, company.

On Lost's Feb. 8 episode, Hurley pulled the immaculately preserved manuscript from the plane's wreckage and just this week, unlikely bookworm Sawyer was happened upon extolling the literary merits of the whodunit.

Of course, thinly-veiled as the novel may be, one mystery still remains: Who actually wrote it. While Stephen King and Ridley Pearson, both self-confessed fans of the show, have drawn speculation as the author, harsh critics dismiss the theory, claiming the tome is too poorly written to come from the mystery masterminds. Most likely, the book was a committee effort.

But for those who just aren't into the whole reality thing, an interview with Troup has been made available on Amazon.com.

Lost's season finale airs May 24.

... The Valenzetti Equation, eh?

I thought this was another good one. Something to keep in mind... right now, I'm of the mind that Michael needed to free Henry, probably because the others said they'd give him Walt, and that Ana Lucia and Libby were just victims of circumstance. But remember, the others only took "good people" from the Tailies and left the bad. One potential clue of whether Michael was turned or brainwashed might be how he treats Bernard and Eko.

Ana is now the third Lostaway that Jack's father has shepherded. I'm guessing if we look at the clothes he was wearing, that that bar he went into is the same one in which he told Sawyer to do whatever it was Sawyer thought would ease his own suffering. I'm guessing that Christian opening the car door into Sawyer caused Sawyer to notice the cocktail bar, perhaps subconsciously. And obviously, he shepherded Jack during his life and his death.

I like the half-sister angle, not because of what it means for Jack, but because it adds another layer to Christian and makes him probably the deepest flashback character.

at some point Sawyer should just start making Hitchcock-type appearances in other peoples' flashbacks. Like, just in the background he goes by walking some dogs or misses a bus or something

Spicy Mac, I agree wholeheartedly about Christian. His character is great. He's such a miserable SOB, and yet he knows how to validate his being, simply by picking up the phone. He is a tragic figure, although his ego prevents him from being truly sympathized.

I think if the Others or whoever has Walt made a deal with Michael, is just blowing wind up his ass. Maybe they'll let him see Walt, but they obviously need him, and I don't really think they truly want Henry back, he is expendable.

Is Eko really a good person, or is the person they assume he is really his dead brother?

I was starting to think that maybe Henry's actually the leader of the Others, kind of like a Kaiser Soze character. Nothing he said about his background was true so far, so who's to say that it was true that the leader would kill him for failure. If he really was worthless to the Others, I doubt that they would have gone to all this effort to have Michael free him.

Maybe the reason that he knew the Others wouldn't trade Walt wasn't that they didn't value Henry, but rather was because he already had this massive contingency plan in place with Michael in case the Lostaways didn't accept him. And if he was there to decide who were the "good" and "bad" people in the camp, then that would explain why he put so much effort trying to get inside the psyches of Locke, Jack, Ana Lucia, etc., etc.

the series or season finale?

Season.

Guest guerillagenius

Well apparently if you have sex on the island and you are a girl, you get shot soon after. 2/2 so far.

Hymn of the Breaking Strain by Rudyard Kipling

The careful text books measure

(Let all who build beware!)

The load, the shock, the pressure

Material can bear.

So, when the buckled girder

Lets down the grinding span,

The blame of loss, or murder,

Is laid upon the man.

Not on the Stuff -- the Man!

But in our daily dealing

With stone and steel, we find

The Gods have no such feeling

Of justice toward mankind.

To no set gauge they make us, --

For no laid course prepare --

And presently o'ertake us

With loads we cannot bear.

Too merciless to bear.

The prudent text-books give it

In tables at the end --

The stress that shears a rivet

Or makes a tie-bar bend --

What traffic wrecks macadam --

What concrete should endure --

But we, poor Sons of Adam,

Have no such literature,

To warn us or make sure!

We hold all Earth to plunder --

All Time and Space as well --

Too wonder-stale to wonder

At each new miracle;

Till, in mid-illusion

Of Godhead 'neath our hand,

Falls multiple confusion

On all we did or planned.

The mighty works we planned.

We only of Creation

(Oh, luckier bridge and rail!)

Abide the twin-d**nation --

To fail and know we fail.

Yet we -- by which sole token

We know we once were Gods --

Take shame in being broken

However great the odds --

The Burden or the Odds.

Oh, veiled and secret Power

Whose paths we seek in vain,

Be with us in our hour

Of overthrow and pain;

That we -- by which sure token

We know thy ways are true --

In spite of being broken,

Because of being broken,

May rise and build anew.

Stand up and build anew!

Major spoilers, possibly legit, read at your own judgement call, if true, major spoilers

The episode begins with a camera shot of Libby on the floor, then Ana on the sofa, and finally Michael lying down in the armory. He's unconscious.

We then see Jack, Sawyer, Eko, Kate and Locke running through the hallway of the hatch. They look shocked as they see Libby and Ana dead. Jack checks them both to see if they're alive. They're not.

Kate and Sawyer run to the armory, with Locke behind them. Eko stays with Jack and the bodies. They find Michael down on the floor with a gunshot wound to his arm. The captive "Other" is missing.

They carry Michael to the bed, revive him and ask him what the Hell happened. Michael tells them he was resting when he heard gunshots and came running in to investigate. He saw Libby and Ana were shot.

He saw that the "Other" had escaped from his ropes and had the gun. He tried to wrestle the gun from him but he was shot. "The b*stard must've thought I was dead. He ran out." Jack comes over to check Michael's wound.

Kate tells Michael he was lucky that he was only shot in the shoulder. Locke just stares at Michael in disbelief.

Eko picks up the lifeless body of Ana off the sofa and lays her down. He says a prayer over her and makes the sign of the cross.

Looking to see what's taking Libby so long, Hurley comes walking into the station, calling out for her with a grin on his face. He stops and looks at Eko and Sawyer standing near Ana's body. He looks to the side and sees Jack, Locke, Kate and Michael.

We see Hurley look down and there's Libby at his feet, underneath the blast door opening. She's clucthing [sic] the blanket meant for their picnic. Everyone looks at Hurley. Close up we see the corner of his mouth curl downward.

Hurley's eyes being to tear up.

Still in the hatch, Eko has a private talk with Locke. He says "we're being tested." Locke asks in what way? Eko says "our faith." He and Locke look at each other. They understand.

Sawyer tries to console Kate, but even has a moment and breaks down, and we see a softer side. We see that the bodies of Ana and Libby are now covered.

Back at the beach camp, news of both Michael's return and the deaths of Ana and Libby spread thru camp. Some of them plan a double burial while others plan revenge. We see Vincent the dog sitting near the small cemetery, alone.

Hurley, still in the hatch, stays with the body of Libby and holds her hand. He and Michael talk. Michael's wearing a sling that Jack made. They talk about what happened, but someone else is listening to them.

It's clear that the person listening to Michael doesn't fully believe his story.

Locke and Eko go to Sawyer directly. They need guns. Sawyer wants to go with them, but they tell him they need to search for something that might help everyone, and they need to do it together.

Kate, Sun, Jin and Bernard begin to dig the graves for burial. As Eko and Locke pass by on their way into the jungle Eko sees a vision just off from the cemetery. It appears to be his brother who he found on the island and buried.

They begin to search for what Locke told Eko in the hatch, but Eko wants to go back to the plane where he found his brother. When they come to the plane they hear a noise coming from it. They begin to push on the plane, and move it.

They discover another hatch. Locke tells Eko that when the plane fell off the cliff it must've covered it up. Eko looks up at the cliff and sees another vision.

Locke is inspecting the uncovered hatch door on the ground. It's humming. It looks exactly like the one he found before. Locke tells Eko there might be another way in but we just have to look for it.

Eko is staring up at the cliff's edge and sees his brother above him. He begins to climb up the cliff. As he reaches near the top he can see his brother more clearly.

His brother looks like a rotting corpse. It smiles at Eko and steps on his hands and he falls off the cliff, screaming.

Locke turns from looking at the hatch when he hears Eko screaming. Eko is standing at the wall of the cliff, scared. He asks Eko what happened. Eko says nothing has [sic] he tries to calm himself. Locke asks again if he's okay.

Still rattled from his vision, Eko turns to Locke and says "yes."

At camp, Jack asks Claire if she's seen Locke. She tells him the last time she saw him he was with Eko and they were talking with Sawyer. Jack looks aggravated by this and leaves Claire and the baby to find Sawyer.

Back in the hatch, Michael is walking around with an odd look on his face as he watches Sayid and Sawyer wrap the bodies for transport back to camp. But Sayid has also been watching Michael closely after he overheard him and Hurley talking.

Locke notices something imbedded in the side of the cliff where Eko was standing. They begin to pull and rip away at a black tarp and vines covering something up.

They find a metal door hidden behind the camouflage. It has the same type of logo they've grown accustomed to at the other hatch, only this one has a flame in the center. Locke opens the door.

Eko is in Nigeria. He's still dressed as a priest but he's in a jail cell in a police station. The police bring him a visitor, it is the monsignor who took care of his brother when he left.

The monsignor has convinced the police that Eko is really his brother Yemi, and he is released. The monsignor tells Eko that "you must leave this place. You cannot find redemption here."

Eko and the monsignor leave the police station together. Outside, Eko sees a woman wearing a traditional headdress, and other people following behind her. It's a funeral procession. She's carrying a strange ornamental box.

Eko and Locke enter into the newly discovered hatch. It'sdark and abandoned. Eko notices an odd smell. Locke says it's sulphur. They both walk down the corridor. Locke turns on his flashlight.

It's almost the same as their hatch, but everything looks broken and dusty. Locke shines the flashlight on painted murals on the walls. They look the same as in the other hatch, only different details.

They follow the sound of the hum, and come to another door to the left of the corridor. The humming grows louder.

Locke shines his flashlight on the door and see [sic] an exact replica of the map drawn on the blast door. His eyes widen as he stares intensely at it.

Part 4 "Message from the Dead" and Final Part 5 "The Pearl" will be continued on May 10th before the airing of this episode.

That's a whole lot of yellow for me not to be tempted to click on. I'll try to be strong. Unfortunately I read a newspaper article today, which talks about how in love Abrams is with the season finale, and then proceeds to give a small synopsis. While it gave no apparent spoilers for that episode, it certainly gave away some of the going-ons for this week. Oh well, I guess my fault for reading! :boxing:

Let's get it.

Wednesday, May 10 at 9/8c

"?"

Mr. Eko enlists Locke to help find a secret location he believes houses answers to the island's mysteries. Meanwhile, Jack and the other survivors struggle to cope with the horrific situation in the hatch.

credit: ABC.com

Me too, but if I had to guess, I'd say its a Boone-esque vision (regarding what was in the preview).

I have a question to ponder. When Locke was pounding on the hatch after Boone dies and said "I've given you everything" (obviously not word for word). Do you think Boone qualified as a "bad person" and that's why Locke saw him with a broken neck in his vision?

Not a major spoiler, but spoiler nonetheless.

Eko does not die. My DVR will show the previews 2 weeks in advance and they both had Eko doing things in those episodes.

Sign in to follow this