TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I was just thinking about that hurley episode a few days ago.

Now while I know there has been a few coincodents (sp; im lazy) could it be possible that Libby was Hurley's stalker, up to the point that she actually followed him to Australia. I'd be interesting if she starts becoming obsessive and controlling over Hurley, turning him against people.

I was just thinking about that hurley episode a few days ago.

Now while I know there has been a few coincodents (sp; im lazy) could it be possible that Libby was Hurley's stalker, up to the point that she actually followed him to Australia. I'd be interesting if she starts becoming obsessive and controlling over Hurley, turning him against people.

Actually yes, that has been my theory ever since the Hurley episode. She was on the plane for the sole purpose of following him (rather than some cosmic coincidence). Probably a stalker or for some unknown reason from the mental institute.

I'd say there's about two episode's worth of flashback material behind that story.

Yes, I posted near page 100 or 102 that Libby was either a mental patient or that she was after Hurley's money and he had seen her before from then. I said she was not a shrink at that time, and that was in December, I believe. It was a day or two after the episode where Hurley asked where he remembered her from.

Potential (Very likely) spoilers of who might not make it past this season: http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060419/en_tv_eo/18835

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lost" Star Finds New Show By Gina Serpe

Wed Apr 19, 2:55 PM ET

And another one bites the dust?

ADVERTISEMENT

Try as the Lost writers might to keep a lid on series-shifting spoilers, when one of its stars is tapped to join another TV show, it would seem that that person's fate on the island is pretty much sealed.

(SPOILER ALERT: If you aren't interested in hearing about a possible death on Lost, read no further. And avoid the Internet for the next four weeks.)

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Cynthia Watros, who plays Hurley's love interest, Libby, has been cast in a CBS comedy pilot, calling into severe question her chances of making it out of Lost's second season alive.

Watros has signed on to star opposite Love Monkey's Tom Cavanagh in the sitcom My Ex-Life, centering on a divorced couple turned best buds who are sharing custody of their children. The show is aiming for a slot on CBS' fall schedule, which will be announced next month.

In what appears to be attempt to minimize revealing Lost plot points, the Reporter notes that Watros has committed to be a guest star and not a regular on the show. However, with her character being one of the two divorced parents in My Ex-Life, it seems that the guest star line is just a smoke screen.

Per usual, Lost producers aren't talking. They've already killed one regular this season--Shannon ( Maggie Grace) was mistakenly gunned down by Ana-Lucia ( Michelle Rodriguez)--but with tension mounting between the so-called Lostaways and the Others, it would be surprising if there wasn't at least one more grave to be dug on the island.

Watros is one of three full-time cast members to have joined Lost this season, along with Rodriguez and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr. Eko). The three were among the "Tailies," those who were in the rear of the plane and survived on the other side of the island.

Fans, for one, have long been speculating on who would be the next Tailie to go, with early rumor-mongering centering on Rodriguez as the marked woman. Rodriguez and Watros were both arrested on DUI charges last year. Watros copped a plea and lost her license, but Rodriguez, who faces potentially more serious legal trouble because she's on probation in another case, decided to fight the rap and is set to go to trial next week. Tabloid reports have suggested that Rodriguez is a disruptive force on the set, and her character has never endeared herself to Lost's die-hard fans after killing Shannon.

But producers sought to quell predictions of Ana-Lucia's demise--or at least create a misdirection--saying that her personal life would not affect her tenure on the show.

Further suggesting that Watros may be, well, lost forever, is the industry precedent of offing stars who land pilot gigs on other networks.

The most notable would be Drea de Matteo, who, despite proclamations to the contrary, met her demise on The Sopranos shortly after signing on to Joey. More recently, 24's Dennis Haysbert (President Palmer) announced last year he had joined the CBS drama The Unit. By the end of this season's first episode, President Palmer was dead.

Lost ends its second season with a special two-hour finale May 24. In the meantime, pray for Libby.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This death would make sense to me if Libby was Hurley's stalker or after his money. She probably just followed him onto the plane and wasn't brought to the island for a real purpose, like Locke said everyone was. So if the island doesn't need her, they could get rid of her just as easy and Shannon, Boone, etc.

I'm not going to get into a lot of details, but here are the episode titles/flashbacks for the final 4 episodes of the season:

2.20 - Two for the Road (Ana Lucia II) Jack's father is going to show up in Ana Lucia flashback.

2.21 - ? (Mr. Eko II) Question Mark is the actual title of the episode.

2.22 - Three Minutes (Michael III) Like Claire's second flashback, the flashback scenes wil show what happened to Michael while he was gone.

2.23 - Live Together, Die Alone (Desmond) Two Hour Season Finale.

I didn't read the big spoiler, but what MDH posted is all types of awesome.

The last two episodes will be absolutely amazing and the two hour finale will kick 1 million types of ass - just from the flashback alone.

Guest Vitamin X
I've ruined plenty of stuff this season, so I dare not to highlight that nonsense.

It's going to be pretty difficult avoiding that news anyways, whether you like it or not.

SJ, I have a couple of questions for you.

1. What makes you think Ethan/Henry are not working with Zeke's crew?

2. I agree with you that the war has started, but other than their lives what do you think they're fighting over?

I have some theories of my own, but I also wanted to see what you thought as well.

Guest Brian

Maybe the children are being used as soldiers, and Zeke and Ethan were going after Walt specifically because he is an important cog in the whole machine. Maybe the supernatural aura of the show ties into these children, and Zeke and Ethan are part of a group working against them (and maybe in cooperation with Darma). And the survivors (and the events that brought them there) were coordinated just to get Walt to the island, hence all the connections, rather than to bring them all there.

This thread being stuck on the depths of page two saddens me. People need to stop starting worthless threads 'round these parts. I almost had to go to page three to find it.

Anyways.........RECAP.

Yeah, I know, lousy thing to bump a thread for but it'll be fun watching the flashbacks and trying not to tear up when Sun and Jin get back together.

Guest wildpegasus
This thread being stuck on the depths of page two saddens me. People need to stop starting worthless threads 'round these parts. I almost had to go to page three to find it.

Anyways.........RECAP.

Yeah, I know, lousy thing to bump a thread for but it'll be fun watching the flashbacks and trying not to tear up when Sun and Jin get back together.

I thought Lost was a new episode tonight. I'm dissapointed to find out I still gotta wait another week.

He's one of my favorite characters, but how much more will a second Eko flashback tell us, it seems to me it all got wrapped up mostly in his first one. (I look forward to people proving me wrong, and I'm sure when the episode happens, it will be cool.)

As far as trying to avoid finding out who dies, I'll try my hardest too, although when the second season ends, I'd like to debate who you all think will live or die by the time the series ends.

I thought it was interesting how the show decided what points to focus on from season 2 and what to omit.

He's one of my favorite characters, but how much more will a second Eko flashback tell us, it seems to me it all got wrapped up mostly in his first one. (I look forward to people proving me wrong, and I'm sure when the episode happens, it will be cool.)

They can easily go further back before he got the drugs to smuggle, or even other scenes in between the stuff we already saw.

Well, I'm interested to see his path after his brother died... specifically, I want to see if he actually became a priest.

Well, I'm interested to see his path after his brother died... specifically, I want to see if he actually became a priest.

That would be pretty cool, its true to see if he is a priest or if he is struggling with sin v. righteousness. I am interested to see what he will do when the "war" starts.

That's right. His brother even signed the ordination papers... Eko is a technical priest. But I want to see if he actually went through the sacramental process, if he's a priest in his heart.

Sign in to follow this