TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I would much rather have it been Sawyer in the coffin.

I didn't really like the finale. It answered a lot of questions, but it didn't have that *big* finale feel to it. Season 1 had the opening of the hatch, Season 2 had the Michael turn/Others capture and the key turning explosion, Season 3 had Charlie's death and the flash forward.

This...this had name dropping (Boone and Ecko) for the sake of name dropping and Locke, who was the safe bet, being the person in the coffin. The ending and the Desmond/Penny reunion were very anti-climatic. Oh, and the shitty Michael storyline comes to a shitty end.

So, somebody at another board brought up an interesting theory: the polar bears were trained to turn the donkey wheel, hence how the one that Charlotte found ended up in Tunisia.

I feel quite bad for Juliet now. Everyone else still on the island wants to be there, but she's been desperate to get off for years, and now it looks like she was there for another three years? And Jack left her as well? Crikey.

As far as Clare goes: I've read the actresses' contract has been put on hold, so she won't be in season 5 but will be in season 6.

There was a mention on Lostpedia of such a situation for an actress on the show. I figured it was Emilie de Ravin, but do you have confirmation?

It was an season 1 actress, so its either her, Sun or Kate. It's obviously not going to be the other two because they're looking to be heavily involved next year.

I almost want to question Michael's death, too, if only because in Walt and Hurley's conversation, they both seemed to agree that he's still on the island. Although, it was Walt who suggested Michael still being there, Hurley might have just humored him by agreeing.

Hurley was definitely humoring Walt.

Ben had all the good lines last night:

"So?"

"Nice to see you, Jack" when Jack pulled the gun on him

"Why don't you watch this informative video while I take care of business?"

"Fair enough" when Richard told him the deal w/ Kate & Sayid

Just a few small things that were bugging me about last night. Like, how did Keamy get from the helicopter to the Orchid so fast (and wasn't he the one that Sawyer poked when him and Jack showed up) without anyone noticing him getting up and leaving. Also, I wish they would have explained why Keamy would want the freighter to blow-up if he died. That part kind of seemed tacked on in order to add some drama and kill off a few people.

There were a couple of things that still bother me

Hurley telling Jack he should have never went with Locke like it was the biggest mistake he'd ever made...but from what I can see there were no tragic consequnces to him siding with Locke.

Ben saying in the The Ecominst Sayid had a chance to kill someone on the island but didn't and now he regrets it. When did this occur?

The whole Claire/Aaron helicopter vision of Desmonds...a pretty big deal considering Charlie killed himself because of it.

Kate not caring that Locke was dead, or anybody but Jack going to the funeral. I know Locke wasn't always popular, but he did a lot for the people on the island, and probably saved Kate's life more than once. Although, I can probably answer that myself since I think it was written with Michael in mind, but they changed their minds later.

^I believe on the news report they showed, they mentioned something about it being too deep or something to entirely confirm the amount of people and everyone's identity. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was along those lines.

Still, they would've counted the bodies. It's just a writer fuckup. Not everything is an intentional part of some giant conspiracy plan about the truth of the island.

Kate not caring that Locke was dead, or anybody but Jack going to the funeral. I know Locke wasn't always popular, but he did a lot for the people on the island, and probably saved Kate's life more than once. Although, I can probably answer that myself since I think it was written with Michael in mind, but they changed their minds later.

I think that might have more to do with what happened after Locke got off the island.

Curious to see how Locke dies and why the island let it happen. Or maybe the island didn't and that's why the O6 need to go back.

I want to see timeline-wise when Sun meets with Widmore. Je-Yeon is old enough to verbalize but it was just child jibberish so I'm thinking it was roughly a year or so after she came home. Her "We aren't the only ones who made it off, are we?" line to him could refer to Ben or Desmond.

Hurley telling Jack he should have never went with Locke like it was the biggest mistake he'd ever made...but from what I can see there were no tragic consequnces to him siding with Locke.

If Hurley doesn't go w/ Locke, Jack & Sawyer wouldn't have had to go back to rescue him, and may have been able to start the island evacuation earlier, possible staying ahead of the freighter explosion. I dunno, I'm just pitching here. That line does seem very odd now.

Ben saying in the The Ecominst Sayid had a chance to kill someone on the island but didn't and now he regrets it. When did this occur?

That wasn't the quote. I forget what it was exactly, but something along the lines of going w/ his emotions caused something Sayid regretted. Nothing about not killing someone on the island.

I get the feeling Locke was murdered.

I'm a lot more interested in what's happening with the people left behind, rather than the O6. I hope they don't shift the attention too much from the island in season 5. I assume they'll still have flashbacks, since we havn't got all of Miles/Charlotte/Farday's backstory.

I pretty much thought Ben or Locke was in the coffin. After Locke joined The Others I knew it was him.

I'm interested in the Richard backstory whenever they decide to show it. I hope they have something good planned and aren't just winning it.

What is there really to go back to on the island? Sawyer, maybe Claire, Juliette, and some faceless 815 survivors

Just a few small things that were bugging me about last night. Like, how did Keamy get from the helicopter to the Orchid so fast (and wasn't he the one that Sawyer poked when him and Jack showed up) without anyone noticing him getting up and leaving. Also, I wish they would have explained why Keamy would want the freighter to blow-up if he died. That part kind of seemed tacked on in order to add some drama and kill off a few people.

First bolded part: My question is, How did Keamy even know that the underground, hidden station was even there? And if the answer is "Widmore knew and told him", why didn't Keamy & company go down and ambush Ben down there instead of just patrolling around the greenhouse? He was the last person I expected to see coming out of the elevator, and not because he was presumed dead ... but because we were led to believe that the Orchid was a hidden, not-well-known station.

Second bolded part: At the time it seemed like it was an insurance policy, to prevent the freighter captain from stopping him (Keamy) from torching the island, kind of a "you can't stop me without killing yourself". But it was obviously just done for a reason to blow up the freighter & kill Michael and maybe Jin. Just lazy writing, IMHO. "We need to find a way to blow up the freighter. Hmm, how about this......"

I like the fact that so many people have so many questions about the finale, and have so many examples of inexplicable occurrences or contradictions. At first I thought it was just me being a cynical dick, but obviously there's at least some merit to my unhappiness.

I think a lot of it just has to do with the island itself. That, and the island/Jacob's influence extends into the rest of the world in some way. Pretty much everyone but Kate had their lives fucked up worse after leaving.

First bolded part: My question is, How did Keamy even know that the underground, hidden station was even there? And if the answer is "Widmore knew and told him", why didn't Keamy & company go down and ambush Ben down there instead of just patrolling around the greenhouse? He was the last person I expected to see coming out of the elevator, and not because he was presumed dead ... but because we were led to believe that the Orchid was a hidden, not-well-known station.

Second bolded part: At the time it seemed like it was an insurance policy, to prevent the freighter captain from stopping him (Keamy) from torching the island, kind of a "you can't stop me without killing yourself". But it was obviously just done for a reason to blow up the freighter & kill Michael and maybe Jin. Just lazy writing, IMHO. "We need to find a way to blow up the freighter. Hmm, how about this......"

I like the fact that so many people have so many questions about the finale, and have so many examples of inexplicable occurrences or contradictions. At first I thought it was just me being a cynical dick, but obviously there's at least some merit to my unhappiness.

Keamy and Co. were waiting for Ben at the Orchid because they knew he'd go there but they didn't go down because 1) Keamy likely knew about the properties of the station and 2) There was no indication that Ben was down there.

I know what you're saying though, they maybe even could've shown a shot of Keamy checking the place out (off camera even) and then coming back to the rest of the mercs and saying something like "He hasn't arrived yet, let's wait for him up here."

If Hurley doesn't go w/ Locke, Jack & Sawyer wouldn't have had to go back to rescue him, and may have been able to start the island evacuation earlier, possible staying ahead of the freighter explosion. I dunno, I'm just pitching here. That line does seem very odd now.

That wasn't the quote. I forget what it was exactly, but something along the lines of going w/ his emotions caused something Sayid regretted. Nothing about not killing someone on the island.

Even then, it doesn't make sense. Unless it happened after he left and it possibly caused Nadia's death. I do remember hearing that line and thinking Sayid had the chance to stop someone/something but didn't, and now people on the island were dead because of it. I was actually waiting for that moment in the finale but it never came.

I think they probably exaggerated a lot in the flashfowards for dramatic effect: Jack saying Saywer chose to stay behind, when its very clear he didn't choose to stay behind, Hurley emphaisizing how much of mistake it was going with Locke when it wasn't that big a deal, Kate acting with disgust at the suggestion she'd go to Locke's funeral (even if she was angry with him, she'd still care he was dead), they do seem odd when you align them with what actually happened.

I don't know how I feel about the whole "move the island" thing. I understand you have to believe a lot of weird stuff to make this show work, but that one still feels "really? they did that?" to me.

Also love the idea of Locke leading The Others. With more focus on them next season we might get to find out who they are and what they do

Also agree about Kate not wanting to go to Locke's funeral. Unless he does something drastic in an upcoming episode then I don't get why she has all the hate for him

Also agree about Kate not wanting to go to Locke's funeral. Unless he does something drastic in an upcoming episode then I don't get why she has all the hate for him

Thank God they didn't go with the Sawyer in the coffin ending. That would have made even less sense.

I thought that when she said "why would I" go to the funeral, she meant that why would a famous person go to a funeral for someone that no one knew? Jack went, and if she were there as well, it could get people talking about who exactly this person was. They were celebrities, and even though paparazzi were not following them around, you have to believe that the funeral director would have told someone, then word would have gotten out. They have to keep their story up for the public, and I would say that going to the funeral of someone that wasn't supposed to have made it off the plane (alias or not) could jeopardize that plan.

I think they probably exaggerated a lot in the flashfowards for dramatic effect: Jack saying Saywer chose to stay behind, when its very clear he didn't choose to stay behind

That's just completely wrong. I don't see how him making a choice to jump out of the chopper to save everyone else was anything other than him choosing to stay behind.

Three years had passed, and he had visited the 6. Something could easily have happened.

Thank God they didn't go with the Sawyer in the coffin ending. That would have made even less sense.

Locke is the only one to make sense outside of Ben. What the hell could Desmond or Sawyer do to really impact enough lives on the island. With Locke leading the others I can see him doing a lot of bad, with good intentions.

I hope they keep most of the show on the island next season. I understand they're going to have to be flash forwarding a lot, but the show is best when it's on the island.

Anyone care to guess the amount of forwards to backs next season 80/20? 90/10?

I thought that when she said "why would I" go to the funeral, she meant that why would a famous person go to a funeral for someone that no one knew? Jack went, and if she were there as well, it could get people talking about who exactly this person was. They were celebrities, and even though paparazzi were not following them around, you have to believe that the funeral director would have told someone, then word would have gotten out. They have to keep their story up for the public, and I would say that going to the funeral of someone that wasn't supposed to have made it off the plane (alias or not) could jeopardize that plan.

I imagine the 3 years that passed would cool that down quite a bit

Locke is the only one to make sense outside of Ben. What the hell could Desmond or Sawyer do to really impact enough lives on the island. With Locke leading the others I can see him doing a lot of bad, with good intentions.

I hope they keep most of the show on the island next season. I understand they're going to have to be flash forwarding a lot, but the show is best when it's on the island.

Anyone care to guess the amount of forwards to backs next season 80/20? 90/10?

Are they really flash fowards anymore? Woulnd't it be less trouble to just skip foward the people on the island three years? And have everything, except flashbacks, take place in the present?

I wonder if the bright light inside the Orchid room has any connection to Locke telling Echo that he saw a beautiful white light when the smoke monster appeared before him?

I think they probably exaggerated a lot in the flashfowards for dramatic effect: Jack saying Saywer chose to stay behind, when its very clear he didn't choose to stay behind

That's just completely wrong. I don't see how him making a choice to jump out of the chopper to save everyone else was anything other than him choosing to stay behind.

Jack made it sound like a completely different sitation to what it was though.

And was Sawyer supposed to do? Kick Hurley or Kate out of helicoper? Jack wasn't going anywhere, so Sawyer had to sacrifice or they would all die. He didn't have much of a choice at all. For Jack to turn around and say 'he choose to stay behind' is pretty dickish.

Sign in to follow this