TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Why do people keep questioning the polar bears? It's a research station; they were conducting research on polar bears, and so they brought some of the polar bears to the island to test them out. Why does that require further explanation?

To be fair, the show keeps bringing up the polar bears. The theory that they could have been trained to turn the wheel, or at least stationed down there) is very interesting considering Charlotte finding that one in Tunisia.

Miles is going to have FUN on that island. I honestly think that might be my most anticipated thing of next season.

I remember when they first brought his character on, how everyone hated him... but man the way they've set him up since day one... you just had to know he was going to become a HUGE character for the last stretch of this series.

Fuck... I love Miles, and Farraday better be alright. Shit, bring on some more Frank too.

I loved the Desmond/Penny reunion... but one thing I don't get is how this is going to work out. Isn't Desmond pretty much fucked in any situation when it comes to the war between Ben and Widmore.

And am I the only one who's thinking that Ben killed Sayid's wife? It just feels to obvious for it to go down like that.

One of the things I was waiting for during the finale if they killed off Desmond is how that would affect Farraday. With Desmond being Farraday's constant, wouldn't Farraday end up having a brain aneurysm or something along those lines?

And along that train of thought next year, if Ben kills Penny as he claims, and she is Desmond's constant, can we assume killing Penny in turn kills Desmond which in turn kills Farraday? And is Farraday anyone else's constant?

One of the things I was waiting for during the finale if they killed off Desmond is how that would affect Farraday. With Desmond being Farraday's constant, wouldn't Farraday end up having a brain aneurysm or something along those lines?

And along that train of thought next year, if Ben kills Penny as he claims, and she is Desmond's constant, can we assume killing Penny in turn kills Desmond which in turn kills Farraday? And is Farraday anyone else's constant?

You have to have a constant when you start jumping back and forth through time. It wasn't said that you have to have the constant at all times from there on out to survive. At least, I don't remember them saying that.

Just an idea, but is it at all possible that Widmore was the old leader of The Island, and Ben manipulated his way into the role?

Doubtful. In the earliest Desdmond flashbacks from several years ago, Whidmore was already a long-established billionare and had a daughter and all this other stuff which implies he'd never lived on the island.

Does the (mad) explain anymore of the (lib)? Are we going to see more of that?

No. No it doesn't. That's the general rule of thumb with this show. Seriously, we're done with four out of six seasons, and about 5% of the mysteries have ever been explained. I've come to believe that we're never going to get answers on even half of this shit. The longer the show goes, the more it looks like it's pulling an X-Files and they brought up a bunch of questions without ever bothering to figure out the answers first.

I think the whole constant business only becomes relevant if you're unstuck in time. So, basically, if Daniel gets unstuck while he can't reach Desmond, he's probably screwed, but if Penny dies while Desmond is stable in time, he will be "fine" in that he won't simply start time tripping uncontrollably again. If Penny however dies while both Dan and Des are unstuck in time, I suspect all three are toast, unless Dan and Des find other constants before their brains give out.

So reading up on Lostpedia another "connection" if you will to the possibility of Charlotte being Ben's daughter: Charlotte was one of the Bronte Sisters, as was Annie and the third sister was Emily who shares a name with Ben's mom. At this point I can't see how Charlotte isn't Ben's daughter but hey, it's Lost.

Some notes from Kristin at E! and Ausellio

Matthew Fox wants more cash

Emilie De Ravin has been put on a holding contract for season 5. But will be in season 6.

Regarding Jin

Kristin is fairly sure he's fine, and that were he was at the time of the explosion (edge of the deck) was no coincidence

Some notes from Kristin at E! and Ausellio

Matthew Fox wants more cash

Emilie De Ravin has been put on a holding contract for season 5. But will be in season 6.

Regarding Jin

Kristin is fairly sure he's fine, and that were he was at the time of the explosion (edge of the deck) was no coincidence

Cuse said he was dead, but I hope he is alive.

When on Lost have they ever killed a main character and not very specifically showed that they were dead? This isn't like Michael, who was standing right next to the bomb so we can be certain he's gone. When we last saw Jin, he was as far away from the bomb as he could get and still be on the boat. We didn't see his body afterward, like we have with every other main character who's been killed. And there was a sizable gap of time in between the last time we saw him, standing on the edge of the boat right above the water, and when the bomb actually went off. The way they filmed that part, I assumed that he's alive, because otherwise they wouldn't have been so vague and would've just shown him dying.

We saw Charlie in a room full of water that he couldn't get it out of, that was fairly definitive. Shannon got popped at point-blank range. Those are two off the top of my head.

We saw Charlie in a room full of water that he couldn't get it out of, that was fairly definitive. Shannon got popped at point-blank range. Those are two off the top of my head.

Yeah, that's my point. Any time someone was killed off, the show went out of its way to make sure we understood that this person was fuckin' DEAD and not coming back. They've never had an important character just get killed offscreen where you didn't see either their death or the body. Jin's alive.

Who the fuck is Shannon?

Step Sister of Boone, who was seeing Syaid...then got shot dead.

I dunno, I kind of dug her character arc of trying to fend for herself now that her brother was gone. Her death was fairly outta nowhere. Was she one of the infamous DUIs?

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's because she was annoying.

I dunno, I kind of dug her character arc of trying to fend for herself now that her brother was gone. Her death was fairly outta nowhere. Was she one of the infamous DUIs?

I think she was one of the "I want more money!" cases. The type where the producers respond with "You're not getting more money, goodbye".

Shannon's character was terrible- great to look at, though (and Rudo knows who she is. He heaped praise upon Maggie Grace's glistening bikini clad body in season 1). But they killed her right as she was getting interesting. Same with Michael. The character I hated most in the first 2 seasons was Michael. He was just annoying. Season 4, he's fun to watch, but after like 5 episodes, he goes kaboom.

I'm in the Jin is dead camp.

I think that the reason why he made it to the deck of the boat was to make the helicopter take off with Sun more dramatic for both the audience and Sun. The writers needed to give every reason for her to appear angry about Jin's death, and him dying on the deck trying to get to the helicopter with her seeing him while taking off would certainly provide this better than Jin staying next to the bomb and Sun never seeing him again.

Maybe the writers/producers just want us to think that he's dead, so when he has his reunion with Sun (when the always-exciting O6 make it back to the island) it'll be more special or surprising or something.

They were pretty definitive about Mikail being dead ... and Keamy being dead ... and yet both of them came back for one more go-around. So saying with any real conviction that Jin is alive or dead is difficult.

Mikail and Keamy are different, though. They were bad guys. Of course, the bad guy has to appear dead before they are finally killed off. Is there any question if Keamy is alive now? No. How about Mikail? Actually, did he die with the grenade at the Looking Glass or did he make it back to the island?

Sign in to follow this