TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CronoT

I found a massive illegal video game distributor.

Guest CronoT
I saw these guys at my local mall, too. I'm dumb with stuff like this -- what makes it illegal?...

It can be illegal for one or two reasons:

1. They create deriative works of copyrighted games.

2. They sell the progams, i.e., games, without compensating the original creator, usually in the form of a licensing fee.

Guest CronoT
This has been going on for years in flee markets. I even saw them at the mall a few days ago. I'm surprised they've gone so long without getting sued.

It won't last much longer. I sent an e-mail to the anti-piracy division at Nintendo.com today. :bonk:

Guest CronoT
Theres always a fhead to ruin it, eh?

I'll remember that the next time someone makes money off of you without your permission, and still continue to screw you.

Theres always a fhead to ruin it, eh?

I'll remember that the next time someone makes money off of you without your permission, and still continue to screw you.

Yeah, nintendo needs to release all these games again and again for future portables.

I posted a thread about the same device a while back. It would be worth the money if it didn't suck so badly.

I'd prefer Nintendo make a device like this instead of releasing the NES Classics line.

I also have seen this in my local mall and the little booth is right in front of Software Etc.

If they can sell them in a mall, how are they illegal?

I also have seen this in my local mall and the little booth is right in front of Software Etc.

The games were copied and the ROMs compiled in a device, and all of the individual companies that hold the copyrights to the games are, I believe, not giving their approval to the process?

I don't think the mall operators are wise to the fact that these are illegal. They probably see a bunch of old games being played on it, and think it's either an official device, or the games are old so maybe the copyrights are expired.

Plus, there are similar official products also being sold in stores, so the confusion to non-gamers is understandable.

At the mall I saw this at, I filed a fraud complaint at the front desk. A month or so later I got a letter back saying that they were assured this company was "in full compliance with the law." Which is clearly bullshit. I highly recommend someone contact Nintendo so that they may drop the fucking hammer down.

I've seen these all over the local malls lately. My guess is they are trying to sell them as quickly as possible before any lawsuits come for, at which point the company will probably just close doors and run, or something.

This has been going on for years in flee markets. I even saw them at the mall a few days ago. I'm surprised they've gone so long without getting sued.

It won't last much longer. I sent an e-mail to the anti-piracy division at Nintendo.com today. :bonk:

Keep telling yourself that, dude. These types of things have been around for years and always will be.

Well just because its in front of a software Etc. doesn't mean anything. What these guys do is rent a booth in the middle of the floor and sell these things. Now this is how this stuff is illegal, there selling Nintedo games and accesories without Nintendo's permission along with any company who made that game for like example Capcom to make their own gain. Now the reason they may have not been stopped in because Nintendo has no idea how big this has gotten as now this seems to be almost nationwide as I've seen one of these too and laughed at it. Now if this company which is modding games onto a system (which is illegal as well) is giving some of their profit over to Nintendo then its almost perfecttly fine.

Guest CronoT
At the mall I saw this at, I filed a fraud complaint at the front desk. A month or so later I got a letter back saying that they were assured this company was "in full compliance with the law." Which is clearly bullshit. I highly recommend someone contact Nintendo so that they may drop the fucking hammer down.

Piracy Reports:

• To report infringing items on internet auction sites, please call us at 1-800-255-3700 or e-mail us at [email protected]

• To report ROM sites, emulators, Game Copiers, Counterfeit manufacturing, or other illegal activities, please call us at 1-800-255-3700 or e-mail us at [email protected]

• For any other legal inquiry or concern, please call us at 1-800-255-3700 or e-mail us at [email protected]

I believe that's the information you were looking for.

Guest theanswer1824

this thread is stupid.

you personally might as well police everything from this to cds and movies. cut the guys a break. they have mouths to feed, either the ones on their face or at home.

Guest CronoT
this thread is stupid.

you personally might as well police everything from this to cds and movies. cut the guys a break. they have mouths to feed, either the ones on their face or at home.

I work at Wal-Mart and earn an honest day's pay. Why can't they?

The most prevalent work ethic in America used to be, "Work hard and spend wisely."

Now, it seems to be, "Grab the money and run."

I bought one of these for the pure novelty of it last year at my mall from an Arabian man in one of those randomy placed vendor stands, of course it doesn't work any more. Mine was a Famicom clone made to look like an Xbox. I was under the impression all this kind've crap was made in Hong Kong and Tawain etc. where piracy is huge.

I work at the Mall of America and some of my foreign friends (Not arabic, russian, mexican, etc.) sell these along with Tennis, Boxing and etc. stuff.

I got a free one couple of weeks ago, its pretty good.

Guest CronoT

There's also something else I noticed but didn't mention until now. Federal law requires all toy guns to look like toy guns. The "zapper" gun for this set looks like a generic 9mm handgun, possibly a .45 caliber pistol.

toygalaxy_1804_281570.jpg

(Lower right-hand side of the picture; as if you couldn't tell.)

They have these at my local mall, too. They even had them up so you could play them and everything. I was in a hurry so I didn't get a chance to actually check it out.

Normally, I couldn't care less about piracy as long as it's just stealing; but making money off of it just seems wrong... or stupid for that matter.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

the rather obvious solution to this mystery is that Nintendo doesn't give a shit if people hack up thier games and sell them in flea markets. That's why you steal from the rich, they either don't notice or don't care.

as for the protestant work ethic, that's a whole other discussion.

There's also something else I noticed but didn't mention until now. Federal law requires all toy guns to look like toy guns. The "zapper" gun for this set looks like a generic 9mm handgun, possibly a .45 caliber pistol.

That looks no different than the scoprion light gun for the playstation.