TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

GTA: San Andreas

Have you guys played basketball or pool yet?

The basketball is just eh, but pool is pretty darn good. You can place bets in pool and everything and make a lot of money if you don't suck at it.

Just wondering? Where are those? You can't play Basketball in Big Smokes yard can you?

And I haven't even seen anywhere to play pool, or the place to base jump. I wanna base jump :(. But then again, I haven't really looked around so much, just certain places, as I don't want to get too..off track from the story, which is also why I consider going to another town..before it's unlocked 'spoilers'.

To get to the bar where you can play pool and a couple of arcade games, do this.

When in that little area where your house is, start down the main road and keep going about a block or so. Right after that bridge that will be on the right, you'll see a bar called "The Green Bottle" on the right also, you can't miss it.

The only places I've seen that you can play basketball so far is on the big court (I forget where it is exactly) or you can play on the mini court next to Sweet's house. If you climb on top of his house you can also find a nice surprise.

I am not that far in, I gotta go to class.

How on EARTH do you pass that mission where you have to chase that guy down on the motorcycle, Freddy I think his name is. That fool just flies through town on the motorcycle, and CJ falls off when he bumps into anything......FUCK The only thing I can think of is after you chase him forever(as long as you can keep up) he goes to a dead end or somewhere where you can cap him easier.......shit.

The other choice is to do the drive-by mission. So I think I will do that when I get home from class first, and then worry about that damn motorcycle mission........ARGH.

The drive-by mission is easy, but the mission where you chase Freddy made me want to hurt people. It didn't help that he keeps on taunting you.

All I can say is that you either better be good at controlling the motorcycle or you better remember where all the main turns and stuff are as you chase him, as he seems to go the same way each time. I went with the latter, and it wasn' too bad after I remembered it a bit.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

He finally stops where his crew are waiting for you. Kill them, then get Loc back to the Burger place.

Ha, a bunch of morons are crying on GameFAQs about the dancing mission and other things like that. A few have said they are actually taking the game back because they can't get the hang of it.

I'm loving reading the board over there about this game, it's one hell of a good laugh, especially the "this game is racist" topics.

I'm loving reading the board over there about this game, it's one hell of a good laugh, especially the "this game is racist" topics.

Well, I kinda got a slight impression of that sort in commercial with "Welcome to the Jungle" playing and a bunch of black guys running around in the game footage...

Holy Jesus people are fucking morons.

How can you suck so bad that you break down and take a game back because you can't master the gameplay element of pressing four different buttons at the right time.

Thanks for that tip you gave earlier, Downhome, I beat the dancing game in about four tries.

I've finished all of Sweet's missions and now I'm on that Madd Dawg sneaking mission, which is awesome. I got the paper, gunned down him and all of his guards, except for one. I has a sliver of health at this point. I was coming around the corner after being unable to find the body armor which I know is there, spotted his last guard and fired-- it struck him and put his health at the danger level and went to fire another shot-- and noticed I was out of bullets. He shot me in the head and I died. Extremely fun.

God this game can be deliciously frustrating. I'm adoring this game so much but I despise the low rider mission. The nitrious is cool and all, but fuck, I can't beat him in the "low rider" challenge. Oh and where do you find the van you can heist/rob things with?

Holy Jesus people are fucking morons.

How can you suck so bad that you break down and take a game back because you can't master the gameplay element of pressing four different buttons at the right time.

You can be a sheeplike "casual gamer" who bought the damn thing because Maxim and Playboy thinks its so kewl and you can kill hookers?

(/still an elitist prick)

Although the basic point that a lot of the people getting this may suck at games probably stands.

If you can't beat that dancing mission on the beach, then you flat out suck at gaming, period. I can't imagine someone not being able to do that. It's cool if you can't do it the first try, the first five times, or whatever. But when you flat out can't do it ever, ugh.

You have got to be a moron.

I'm about to start the mission Robbing Uncle Sam.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Big Smoke looks like he's going to be the Lance Vance of San Andreas.

Well I found the oddest weapon yet in a police station shower room...

I also picked up a gun and then shot up a bunch of cops (since picking the gun up automatically raises your wanted level to 2) and gained me some respect. Then I died. This was also during a period of time where I thought it would be funny to have Carl run around town in his underpants.

When I got home from work, I literally played for 2 hours without doing a single mission, being amazed at how damn big Los Venturas is... and there's 2 more towns to go!

How do you do anything with the pictures? The pause menu only tells me how to take them, I seem to have no way to view what I've shot. All the book does is tell me I'm taking up memory card space.

I was just driving around and came to a bridge but it wouldn't let me go over it. I was turning around, but accidently fell off into the water, and I decided to swim towards where the bridge went. I finally made it to the other side, and as soon as I got on solid ground my rating went up to four, and then it was on. I ran to an apartment building and stayed there for a while killing the cops, then decided to make my getaway with almost no life. I found a car and got in it, went driving over the sand, and eventually made it back to the highway.

I had cops on all sides of me, and I was going so fast that everything started to blur. There was a lot of traffic, but I decided to go between two different cars and it was a tight fit, but in my doing so both of the cop cars that were to my left and right rammed into both of the cars that I went between, and I was free again. I made more turns, kept going, and I didn't get killed until I had made it all the way up the right side of the map, and then a little to the left up at the very top.

That was just awesome.

Guest Askewniverse

I had very little interest in San Andreas, but I'm starting to reconsider after reading all of these positive reviews.

For those who have the game, how are the story and characters in San Andreas? The storyline is the only reason why I have little interest in the game. The Mafioso-emphasis in GTA III (and Vice City) was one of the main reasons why I enjoyed those games so much. From what I understand, SA has very little if any emphasis on the mob.

He finally stops where his crew are waiting for you. Kill them, then get Loc back to the Burger place.

Thanks man, I will try that out in a bit.

Couldn't buy the game today, however it is available to be picked up at 8:30am tomorrow morning, so I'm pumped up.

The guy at the EB games store told me he had FOUR HUNDRED pre-orders for GTA alone. He also said he expects huge line-ups early on for those who haven't pre-ordered and come to get the game (people who pre-order are given access to an 'express lane' for speedy purchase).

Anyone else run into issues like this when buying GTA?

I wonder how many copies of Metal Gear Solid 3, stores will be getting on launch. The Mass appeal won't be nearly as big as GTA, but there is still enough demand to where some stores might find themselves under stocked.

When I picked up the game on Tuesday at my local GameCrazy, the guy told that I had just purchased the LAST of 250 non-preordered GTA's.

And I had got to the store 30 minutes after they opened.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

It's fucking awesome, though. Just recruiting guys and driving around, killing rivals, shopping, eating, getting tattoos...It's fuckin rad.

I spend every waking hour not in class playing GTA. This game is great. I like the whole working out and eating thing. Its fun to do something besides missions. And the map is freakin HUGE. I keep finding new things.

but there is still enough demand to where some stores might find themselves under stocked.

My local GameCrazy went through that problem.

One of the guys working there said there were a lot of angry people, too.

Guest fanofcoils

Interesting if you kill the barber after he gives you your first haircut and come back into the store the blood is still on the floor but he is alive and well.