TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
St. Gabe

Real Life Heat

I just finished watching Byte This! and Finkle and Dreamer seemed to have alot of tension between them. Maybe its just them goofing around, but it felt really tense even watching it.

My question is, what other instances of backstage heat have boiled over to TV, purposely or not.

DISCUSS!

Guest Trivia247

Finkle is the New Raven for Dreamer.....

Finkle still has a On air job on Raw and Dreamer is doing Byte this...

Dreamer just dreams of Cuffing Finkle to a Cage, crucifying and Smashing his bald head with a chair.

That reminds me, we're overdue for Howard Finkel trying to take Raw back. Allow me to provide the standard form:

"Excuse me...LILIAN. But I believe *I* should be the announcer on Raw."

"No Howard, I'm the announcer now! You can go be...a girl!"

"Trust me, Lilian. I'm....ALL MAN."

"Well. Let's see about that...in the ring!"

"You're on!"

Of course, something happens to Lilian so that Howard fills in, and then we all realize that Finkel is an established voice of the WWF and he does cool things like get the guys' names right and use the proper forms of the verb "to be," something that Lilian, saying "here are your winner" on occasion, hasn't quite nailed down yet. Something also happens along the way which prompts Lilian to speak in Spanish to show off that not only is she a girl, but a bi-lingual girl too! Yeah team!

Then after JR and King bash Finkel for being too old and needing to be replaced on Raw, which is about the most flagrantly ironic thing they can ever say as broadcasters, Lilian and Howard have a shitty match in which Howard is inexplicably revealed to wear women's lingerie, and Lilian proves her dominance as Raw announcer, and goes on to introduce the next match featuring "Matt Benoit" or something.

Guest Dazed
I just finished watching Byte This! and Finkle and Dreamer seemed to have alot of tension between them. Maybe its just them goofing around, but it felt really tense even watching it.

My question is, what other instances of backstage heat have boiled over to TV, purposely or not.

DISCUSS!

Are you talking about "Bob Holly sandbagging Brock" style incidents, or the triple threat main event at Mania, because the Rock wouldn't work with Triple H?

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I may be wrong on this, but I think Rock wanted to come back to Wrestlemania this year and be a full on face. Going up against John Cena woulda got him turned on, I'd assume. Of course, he got right in the middle of Foley and Evolution and got shit on as soon as he mocked Ric Flair, so there ya go.

I think The Rock is really just an appearence or two away from being in the wrong crowd who just shits all over him Brock vs Goldberg style.

Guest Loss

Rock didn't want to work with Cena because that would have meant Cena would move to RAW, and after spending months putting Jericho over only to have HHH bury him, Rock became much more leery. This is the same reason he wouldn't put over Booker before Wrestlemania, because he doesn't want to play setup guy for HHH.

Surprisingly enough, Jericho and Triple H aren't really on that bad of terms. When Trips was out with his injury he lobbied to get Jericho the Undisputed title and specifically wanted to work with him.

In addition, Shawn Michaels and Jericho are fairly close due to the religion stuff. They really wanted to work together pre-WM XIX.

Now one could argue that Triple H likes to build Jericho up to bury him, but there's never been any reported bad blood.

I may be wrong on this, but I think Rock wanted to come back to Wrestlemania this year and be a full on face. Going up against John Cena woulda got him turned on, I'd assume. Of course, he got right in the middle of Foley and Evolution and got shit on as soon as he mocked Ric Flair, so there ya go.

If anybody would have gotten turned on between Rock and Cena, it would have been Cena because Rock totally outclasses him in every single way.

I remember Meltzer writing that Chuck Palumbo moved to RAW because he had heat with a lot of guys on Smackdown. Don't know who, though.

Just guessing, but I'd say Bob Holly, Bradshaw, Taker. The whole "these WCW guys are taking our spots" crew, with "you didn't shake Droz's hand" Taker thrown in for good measure.

It's such a shame, since Chuck's going nowhere on Raw, while the FBI is getting face pops and regular wins.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

If anybody would have gotten turned on between Rock and Cena, it would have been Cena because Rock totally outclasses him in every single way.

Except for the fact that Rock gets shit on anytime he's up against a face (Hogan, Austin, RVD, Brock) you might be right.

Do Flair and Bischoff still have heat? I heard they had a blow-up (because of past WCW incidents) not long after the Bisch joined WWE but haven't heard much about it recently.

Guest ally mccoist
And lets not forget the whole Jericho putting Goldberg in a facelock in the cafeteria after a confrontation

Uh. Was this ever confirmed? I always figured it was fabricated or at least exagerated. I know they had a confrontation, but thats all I heard. I remember Bret Hart mentioned the front face lock, but I figured he was just being a bitch.

I think the whole HHH/Jericho thing is widely known. You can say HHH lobbied to get Jericho the title, but that could be construed as HHH wanting Jericho to be his job boy at WM and destroy any main event credentials the guy might have by squashing him. And Jericho jobbed and it was basically a glorified squash. Unless Jericho is a really forgiving and nice guy, which he could be, then i'd imagine there is some heat between the two.

I'm guessing RVD doesn't have much love for HHH regarding some of the comments he's made in recent years. He took some subtle jabs at him in the past.

And I think the Bischoff/Flair heat will never go away. Knowing what Flair has said about their relationship, I can't see them kissing and making up. They'll hate each other forever. It's probably just pleasantries between them now, if that.

Uh. Was this ever confirmed? I always figured it was fabricated or at least exagerated. I know they had a confrontation, but thats all I heard. I remember Bret Hart mentioned the front face lock, but I figured he was just being a bitch.

Yeah, it was. Both Goldberg and Jericho have mentioned it in interviews. Not to mention Hurricane in his online commentary (called Jericho "The King of Front Facelocks", or something like that).

Except for the fact that Rock gets shit on anytime he's up against a face (Hogan, Austin, RVD, Brock) you might be right.

A few of those had nothing to do with Rock, though.

Hogan- First WM back since WM 9 and even since he was the heel, did you actually believe he'd get booed?

Austin- WM 17 was in his home state, so it's expected that he wouldn't be the most popular guy there.

Brock- More a byproduct of smart-ass NY fans getting pissy because of Rock's impending departure for Hollywood again.

RVD- Didn't see any of their matches, so I can't comment on that one.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

A few of those had nothing to do with Rock, though.

Hogan- First WM back since WM 9 and even since he was the heel, did you actually believe he'd get booed?

Austin- WM 17 was in his home state, so it's expected that he wouldn't be the most popular guy there.

Brock- More a byproduct of smart-ass NY fans getting pissy because of Rock's impending departure for Hollywood again.

RVD- Didn't see any of their matches, so I can't comment on that one.

I don't deny that, the fact remains though... it happens A LOT to Rock. Especially since MSG seemingly LOVES Cena.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

And I forgot that the crowd completely shat on Rock when he went against Jericho in one of their title matches.

Do Flair and Bischoff still have heat? I heard they had a blow-up (because of past WCW incidents) not long after the Bisch joined WWE but haven't heard much about it recently.

Flair wrote in his book how he hates Bischoff. Not a mild hate either but a "the sight of you sickens me" kind of hate.

To summarise Flair will always hate Bischoff.

Paul Heyman and Jim Ross?

Paul Heyman and Jim Cornette as well. Man, I'd love to read a Heyman autobiography just to see who he shits on the most. A Cornette bio would be a fun read too.

And I forgot that the crowd completely shat on Rock when he went against Jericho in one of their title matches.

Wasn't that in NY as well? I know Jericho had the crowd well and truly behind him in the match where he lost the WCW title to Rock. Crowd wasn't happy about that.