TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

What are you listening to right now?

Primus-"The Carpenter and the Dainty Bride"

So I just got Animals Should Not Act Like People, and holy christ is it great. The original lineup hasn't lost a step at all.

The borrow the overall sound of Antipop, production-wise, and mesh their original style in with a SERIOUS dosage of progressive influence. There's riffs on here I could swear vaguely (not so vaguely at points) sound something like King Crimson, and even Tool. Only five tracks, but every single one of them whips all ass. I'm seeing them LIVE on TUESDAY~!

At the risk of sounding very very English, you sir, are a jammy fucking twat, what.

Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down.

I'm not sure why, but I never really got into the 60s folk music until last night when I heard this. I knew Dylan was awesome, I knew Simon & Garfunkel were awesome, but my God. I cannot express my love for this stuff right now, and my hatred for the fact that people have put Jewel etc. in the same category as these amazing songs.

Why did it take me so long to discover Folk Music? How bizarre.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Robin Trower-"Bridge of Sighs"

Awesome guitarist that never got a speck of credit.

Guest BAR
Highway Star - Deep Purple. Never been a big fan, but this is probably my favourite song of theirs.

Guest JebusNassedar

Nile - "Ramses Bringer of War"

Okay. I probably would have never looked at Nile if it werent for various sources here putting them in high regards. so, I was waiting for something cannibal corpse-y, seeing as that was my only prior death metal experience.

After hearing the whole song, I was in amazement, especially after seeking out lyrics, and seeing how much reasearch they've really put into the songs. In fact, the only bad thing I can say about Nile is that their signer looks like a 'roided up Steven Wright.

So, I guess this is when I thank AoO. Um...thanks. And stuff. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go scour Tower Records for any Nile albums I can find.

I'm kinda jealous now. It's not like people go and listen to sparks after I pimp them here. Their loss.

Birthday Party - The John Peel Sessions. 'Roland around in that stuff' is a favourite.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Sepultura-"We Who Are Not As Others. (live)"

This would be a good song to cover, I think.

If you're getting some Nile, I'd go backwards with them. Start with In their Darkened Shrines, and then pick up Black Seeds of Vengeance, and Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren Ka. If you like all that, find their other full-length album, the title of which escapes me, that combines their first couple EPs. I think their newer stuff is definitely better than their earlier material, due to being more focused, and less like another brutal death band. Their newest release is way more Egyptiany than their first couple releases.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh shit, and download "Unas Slayer of the Gods" if you know what's good for you. Sickest, meanest, evillest, crunchy riff ever. It's one of those that can get played over and over again and never get dull. It's got chanting, an infinitely fast drumroll with tons of subtle changes over some sinister book of the dead-type shit, and a solo that starts fire.

Well, again with the Nile. I don't listen to any death metal, but I try to be open minded. Should I go see them when they come here on December 12th? I hang around with indie kids, I'll have to go alone...