TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

Just checked weather.com and they are calling for thunderstorms for all three days of the Marlins/Mets series. They are mostly scattered, but it looks like the weather is going to play more havoc yet.

And the D-Rays are en route to New York, so it looks like they'll be playing both games today, beginning about 30 seconds after they get to Yankee Stadium.

Ten bucks says Anglesault calls bullshit before the day is over.

Looks like AS will get his wish, as the D-Rays hadn't left Florida as of 2 P.M., meaning they'll probably only play one game and forfeit the other. This should delight the Red Sox fans.

PHILLIES...what the hell?!?!?!?

I swear everytime I turn the channel on and the Phillies are at bat it's with 2 outs, and no one on base.

And everytime the Braves are up, its with 2-3 runners.

Take the 7th...BASES LOADED NOW...1 out. Rodriguez pitching!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SportsCenter claimed that if the Rays forfeit a game, it will go down as a "9-0 Win for the Yankees". Why 9-0? Why not just a win without runs.

1 run for each inning. Just how it is.

No forfeit coming. They'll just make up the game down the road, I guess.

Sosa's got the day off, with Ben Grieve getting the start in right field. Man, we could get some more drama and interesting situations if Grieve really picks up the slack.

Who's credited with the run producing?

That, i'm not sure of. I just heard it on the Yankee game yesterday. Jim Kaat said they'd probably draw it out of a hat or something. Should be 1 RBI for each player on the lineup.

It's crap.

How are they not forefiting?

We already delayed the game 2 fucking hours. Now we only get to play one game of the doubleheader, and they reschedule it for another day?

bullshit.

It's crap.

We already delayed the game 2 fucking hours. Now we only get to play one game of the doubleheader, and they reschedule it for another day?

bullshit.

Um, I think the well-being of all of those with ties to Hurricane Frances is a bit more important than the Yankees getting a game in. Anyway, if they're so damn talented, they'll just beat the Rays when they do play them.

It depends. The story has been that they were urged to leave Tampa early, but the stories I've read have all been from the NY papers. Who knows what the lodging situation in New York was? It is not easy to find adequate lodging in NYC for 50-75 people on a few hours notice, on a Holiday weekend. And when possible, MLB will ALWAYS take the option of playing the game at some point. There has only been one forfeit in the last 25 years.

Guest Staravenger

I'll take a forfeit win, and it would be funny if the Yankees ended up winning the division by half a game...but that's not possible unless either of them or the Red Sox didn't make up a game that rained out or something.

Anyone watching the Cubs/Expos game? The ESPN announcers are just ripping the Expos to shreds, as they're already down 7-0 through three innings. Jeff Brantley has especially been on Tony Armas' case for not pitching inside and having no pride.

Guest Staravenger

It's a shame it's 7-0 already and (arguably) the best player on the Cubs (Sammy Sosa) isn't even in the lineup.

Whoops, 7-1 now.

Guest Anglesault
It's crap.

bullshit.

Um, I think the well-being of all of those with ties to Hurricane Frances is a bit more important than the Yankees getting a game in.

Yes, apparently the Devil Rays felt that if they stayed in Tampa, they could beat the storm back into the ocean or something. Their plan failed horribly and we're stuck with this debacle.

Edited by Anglesault

Ben Grieve just split his head open against the ivy-covered wall. Okay, maybe he didn't split it open, but he was bleeding from the side of his head after colliding into the wall to make a catch. Tough break. It's the curse of Sosa!

Guest Anglesault

Now that's a shame. People are going to demand that they put something stupid over the wall now and take away from the park.

Guest Anglesault

Yankees are pushing for a forfeit ruling of the first game. Since it would be the right thing to do, it won't happen.

Rule 4.17 states,

"A game shall be forfeited to the opposing team when a team is unable or refuses to place nine players on the field."

Edited by Anglesault

Guest Anglesault

And of course, the asshole commisioner blatantly disregards yet another rule, and has decided that the game will be rescheduled.

Ok. Explain how that works. MLB did not make a formal request to the Devil Rays to change their travel arrangements, and a legitimate weather concern caused them to reschedule the game. If they were told to make separate arrangements, that's one thing. But they were not.

It should be added that this is the almighty Yankees we're talking about here. Against a team that's 16 games UNDER .500. I think it's not so much a case about the rules, but rather, the insecurity that the Yankees can't actually take two games from the Devil Rays.

They just interviewed Randy Levine. He said the Yankees are sending some type of case to the comminsioners office to investigate if the Ray's could have gotten out of Tampa.

EDIT: If Yankees lose the forfeit request, which OF COURSE they will, then that means they would have to play Tampa Bay (IF NECESSARY) on that Monday right before playoffs.

So if somehow they are up by a 1/2 game in AL EAST or wild card, or down a 1/2 game in AL EAST or wild card, then they have to burn either a Duque, Mussina, Lieber or Vazquez to start the DAY BEFORE the playoffs start.