TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nevermortal

I've started smoking.

My change bowl was full of quarters, so I wasted $4+ of em on a pack of delicious Marlboro Menthol Lights. I still am just a bar smoker though, and doubt I will go back to buying em regularly. All day at work today I didn't think of having one, so I guess I am ok.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

What brand? No matter what kind it is I'm going to make fun of you for it.

What brand? No matter what kind it is I'm going to make fun of you for it.

Marlboro Menthol. It was like smoking toothpaste, and I loved each and every lung cancering moment of it.

Menthols. The nonsmoker's cigarette.

Screw that ... it's the 'don't want to share half my pack with a bunch of strangers' cigarette. I smoked Marlboro Reds from the day I started until I moved to Colorado for college ... and then noticed that I was giving away 5-10 smokes per pack. So, I switched to the only type of cigarette that I knew wouldn't be popular in cowboy country: Newports. No self-respecting cowboy would smoke a 'black man's cigarette' so I went from giving half my pack away to MAYBE giving away one. So many times someone would ask for a smoke only to see the green box, and say "thanks but no thanks ... how the fuck do you smoke those things?!?"

/nl5: likes buying cigarettes for himself, not the world

I'd more or less given up on regular cigarettes—I simply don't like them—though I had a Camel the other night after a friend insisted a cig goes really well after weed. He was right.

Still, unless I'm drinking (or high), I just can't bother. Cloves are nice, however, but they don't lend themselves to chain smoking.

Screw that ... it's the 'don't want to share half my pack with a bunch of strangers' cigarette.

Silly question:

Why not just tell people to fuck off when they ask for a smoke?

I mean, if it bugs you enough to switch brands, you'd think you'd just stop doing it.